OMG GAMESTOP

Volke29

So, like many on this forum, I did not get my most anticipated game of the year today.

I called in the morning and was told by a Gamestop employee that they had nothing.

I *just* called again today, and here is the official response:

Employee: "So, this is what happened. Game Informer ran several ads for Fire Emblem saying the game is coming out Feb. 4. That was a typo. We should be getting the game Feb. 5 around noon."

Me: "OK. That's great that I only have to wait a day. But we *both* know that it was no typo. Every publication on the Internet said this game was coming out on Feb. 4. So, I'm guessing it was a world wide typo?"

Employee: "Yea, it must be. Games don't come out on Monday. They only come out on Tuesday."

Me: "All right. Thanks. So tomorrow, for sure, you will be getting the game in?"

Employee: "Yes."

I'm in Chicagoland area. Side note, I work as a journalist for corporate media. I have *NEVER* heard of a world wide typo lol

Ah, lLamestop, er, that was a typo, Gamestop.

=D

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called another store (the one I have mine reserved at) and the guy is like, "We're more sure about getting the bundle in tomorrow than the game itself. But if not tomorrow, then Wednesday for sure."

Gamestop is starting to sound like my drug dealer.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Really... wow. I mean, the guy's probably a newbie, but that's still terrible.

This just reinforces my idea of quality of a GameStop being all up to chance.

Hey, guys, I understand that that employee acted funny, but this is in no way GameStop's fault, so don't bash them. They didn't choose for the game to come out on Feb. 4 or 5. They didn't create an error in shipping. They didn't decide to be sneaky and sell it early (like a certain country north of the border).

I seriously doubt it was a world-wide typo though. That's just ridiculous. And also, every place is going to have a bad employee or two. Not just GameStop.

EDIT: Also, GinRei: That's only NoA releases, actually. I've heard that Europe likes to release their stuff on Fridays instead. You do have a point though.

Edited by Anacybele

So, like many on this forum, I did not get my most anticipated game of the year today.

I called in the morning and was told by a Gamestop employee that they had nothing.

I *just* called again today, and here is the official response:

Employee: "So, this is what happened. Game Informer ran several ads for Fire Emblem saying the game is coming out Feb. 4. That was a typo. We should be getting the game Feb. 5 around noon."

Me: "OK. That's great that I only have to wait a day. But we *both* know that it was no typo. Every publication on the Internet said this game was coming out on Feb. 4. So, I'm guessing it was a world wide typo?"

Employee: "Yea, it must be. Games don't come out on Monday. They only come out on Tuesday."

Me: "All right. Thanks. So tomorrow, for sure, you will be getting the game in?"

Employee: "Yes."

I'm in Chicagoland area. Side note, I work as a journalist for corporate media. I have *NEVER* heard of a world wide typo lol

Ah, lLamestop, er, that was a typo, Gamestop.

=D

Most games have Tuesday releases, yes. But I think this employee is just an idiot for not realizing that games do on occasion get released on other days.

Hey, guys, I understand that that employee acted funny, but this is in no way GameStop's fault, so don't bash them. They didn't choose for the game to come out on Feb. 4 or 5. They didn't create an error in shipping. They didn't decide to be sneaky and sell it early (like a certain country north of the border).

I seriously doubt it was a world-wide typo though. That's just ridiculous. And also, every place is going to have a bad employee or two. Not just GameStop.

To be honest, who would honestly agree about something like a WORLD-WIDE typo? And this isn't the first time a Gamestop employee has been bad, either. They do incompetent stuff all the time.

To be honest, who would honestly agree about something like a WORLD-WIDE typo? And this isn't the first time a Gamestop employee has been bad, either. They do incompetent stuff all the time.

Well that's the employees' fault, not the company itself. Also, in my experience, I've only ever run into one bad employee there. And I go to Gamestop a lot.

Well that's the employees' fault, not the company itself. Also, in my experience, I've only ever run into one bad employee there. And I go to Gamestop a lot.

To be fair, yes, that is a blunder on the employee. Not to mention my GS is kinda okay. Still, they need to make sure they don't have so many screw-ups, and also train their employees a little. Plus, the some of the company's decisions at large aren't great either.

I called a while ago, when I heard about the game releasing very early in Canada. The employee told me its coming out on the the 5th and I was like, whaaaat.

He said it says the 4th in the system, but games usually ship and then they get them on Tuesdays. I have heard that before so I wasn't upset. A little upset, but I've waited forever for this game, I'm fine with another day.

To be fair, yes, that is a blunder on the employee. Not to mention my GS is kinda okay. Still, they need to make sure they don't have so many screw-ups, and also train their employees a little. Plus, the some of the company's decisions at large aren't great either.

Well, perhaps. But in my experience, GameStop has generally treated me very well. In fact, this one employee once offered to call other stores for me to see if they had a game in stock that I was looking for because the store I was in was out. There are plenty of kind and polite employees in the company too.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly, if you guys get someone that ever says that something is for sure to arrive on a certain date, you might as well ask to talk to their boss. Its sad, but not everyone cares about giving the customer what they want, some select few only care about making a sale. Luckily, thoe ones rarely last. But to Volke29, I apologize for my fellow employee. Trust me, most of us try hard at our job and don't bullshit our customers.

Honestly, if you guys get someone that ever says that something is for sure to arrive on a certain date, you might as well ask to talk to their boss. Its sad, but not everyone cares about giving the customer what they want, some select few only care about making a sale. Luckily, thoe ones rarely last. But to Volke29, I apologize for my fellow employee. Trust me, most of us try hard at our job and don't bullshit our customers.

I just want to say that I do appreciate the information that you have been giving us these past few days and I also appreciate the information that all of the GameStop employees that I've spoken to have given me. I did speak with a Gamestop employee this evening and she explained that they weren't too sure about when they'll actually get the game, but they do plan on sending out calls for when it does indeed come out.

Nintendo really REALLY screwed this up. They should give customers free DLC. :3

We are getting the first DLC for free from Now until March 4th I believe.

I'm guessing that the employee you talked to wasn't told the reason for the delays (like most of us) and was told to use some excuse. Pretty damn sure that Nintendo meant the 4th when they said it.

Just keep your cool. Good things are worth waiting for, right? =]

I just want to say that I do appreciate the information that you have been giving us these past few days and I also appreciate the information that all of the GameStop employees that I've spoken to have given me. I did speak with a Gamestop employee this evening and she explained that they weren't too sure about when they'll actually get the game, but they do plan on sending out calls for when it does indeed come out.

No prob. I'm just as excited to play awakening as everyone else, and I thought it would be helpful to share what I know. Speaking of which, found something you all might like.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/04/nintendo-comments-on-fire-emblem-awakening-delay.aspx