OMG GAMESTOP

Volke29

No prob. I'm just as excited to play awakening as everyone else, and I thought it would be helpful to share what I know. Speaking of which, found something you all might like.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/04/nintendo-comments-on-fire-emblem-awakening-delay.aspx

That's nice, but it really doesn't tell us anything about why this whole issue happened in the first place.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice, but it really doesn't tell us anything about why this whole issue happened in the first place.

They're just pushing the eShop download on us. >.<

Nintendo can be vague sometimes. I guess it keeps 'em from getting into situations where their foot is in their mouth. Complete opposite of Capcom. XD

Basically, Nintendo did not anticipate the popularity of Awakening and made a "shipping" error aka didn't ship enough copies, and now they would like you to not be angry, and to please be patient. That about sums up the current situation.

Basically, Nintendo did not anticipate the popularity of Awakening and made a "shipping" error aka didn't ship enough copies, and now they would like you to not be angry, and to please be patient. That about sums up the current situation.

I didn't expect this much support either. And that's why I lost my chance at the art book. I figured " eh, it'll be there for me whenever I decide to preorder." Wrongo!

Oh. Well, imo, they should have at least considered it after all the attention they gave it.

Edited by Anacybele

I already picked mine up at a mom and pop store, but I still plan on picking up my preorder (reselling!) from my local NYC Gamestop. When contacted, they said "Sunday" but changed to "tomorrow" when I visited in person.

This is going to be the first and last time I post in this thread, and I would only like to respond to this.

Hey, guys, I understand that that employee acted funny, but this is in no way GameStop's fault, so don't bash them. They didn't choose for the game to come out on Feb. 4 or 5. They didn't create an error in shipping. They didn't decide to be sneaky and sell it early (like a certain country north of the border).

Cut it out, Anacybele. This isn't Canada's fault either, and it especially is not the entirety of Canada's fault. Stop being such a child.

Okay, I just want to point out three things.

1.) This release/shipment delay IS NOT Canada's fault.

2.) It is also NOT GameStop, Target, WalMart, Best Buy, or any other retailer's fault either.

3.) This shipping and release delay is because Nintendo failed to predict that a lot of people would want to get this game.

So that being said, can we please STOP blaming Canada, GameStop, and other retailers. It was an error made on Nintendo's behalf, but regardless it we SHOULD NOT be attacking anyone. We can get over this. I have already and I haven't even gotten my game yet.

This is going to be the first and last time I post in this thread, and I would only like to respond to this.

Cut it out, Anacybele. This isn't Canada's fault either, and it especially is not the entirety of Canada's fault. Stop being such a child.

Whoa, there. Let's not hate on each other, now. Let's just join hands, take deep breaths, and patiently wait, together smile.gif

We are getting the first DLC for free from Now until March 4th I believe.

Hawt. I was actually not aware of that.

but this is in no way GameStop's fault,

This is actually true. It seems that most major chain retailers have not received their shipments and wont until tomorrow. Seeing as Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, etc are all saying the same junk. Gamestop seems to be the ones saying it comes out officially tomorrow. But the game is on the eShop right now so...well...Nintendo actually WAS telling the truth. I dont think its fair to point fingers at stuff. It seems that theres a lot of shipping fuckery going on. Those of us who preordered will get our games this week. It is not the end of the world.

Okay, I just want to point out three things.

1.) This release/shipment delay IS NOT Canada's fault.

2.) It is also NOT GameStop, Target, WalMart, Best Buy, or any other retailer's fault either.

3.) This shipping and release delay is because Nintendo failed to predict that a lot of people would want to get this game.

So that being said, can we please STOP blaming Canada, GameStop, and other retailers. It was an error made on Nintendo's behalf, but regardless it we SHOULD NOT be attacking anyone. We can get over this. I have already and I haven't even gotten my game yet.

agreed

still suck about the shipping error but I think we'll manage to survive

Whoa, there. Let's not hate on each other, now. Let's just join hands, take deep breaths, and patiently wait, together smile.gif

You're telling me to stop hating on each other when she's the one bashing another country for getting it early. I see how it is. dry.gif

(Second post because this had to be replied to.)

I'm not getting the game until summer break or spring break at the earliest, so I am perfectly calm thank you very much.

Edited by Sangyul

Well I guess TECHNICALLY the game came out on the 4th...for the e-shop. Some clarification would have been nice Nintendo. Generally speaking, digital copies of games aren't supposed to come out before their physical counterparts. But whatever. I will still be rather annoyed if I have to wait till Friday, but tomorrow won't be that bad I guess.

The logic that this is Canada's fault is lulzy and ridiculous, but some peeps are just not in their right minds right now.

I wonder if Nintendo will see this madness and go "Well..fuck...FE is really a thing over there..." and release a bunch of the games we never got overseas. :B

You know we could act like civilized people and not bash Canada? Oh you want to continue doing that, get a life if you are SO inconvenienced about a damn game not coming out on the "right" date. Why don't you spend your waiting time with something productive? Instead of having a moaning bitchfit about things. Oh but i'm sorry I forgot the majority of the forum isn't civilized enough for that

I understand you want to be calm and patient and chill and all that, and I respect that, but you're pointing fingers at the wrong people. Boron is super chill, and her response was justified. Ana is blaming and bashing an entire country ((mine, no less)) for the little tiny mistake that happened.

What?! That is just bullshit! Why should the US pay for Canada's stupid stunt?

She's going around like we went out and ruined the release for everyone just because an accident happened and we got the game early. It's clearly not our fault, and it would just be nice if she'd stop flaming Canada for no good reason.

Besides, we can wait another few days, can't we? I mean you could be Europe. They're being patient until April.

And at least we're getting this game at all. Need I bring up FE12?

let us all get along and be happy that Nintendo is releasing this game to America in the first place

obviously its not Canada's nor the retailer's fault that its been delayed

we all share the pain of not getting the game today but I think we can last a few more days...

Alright everyone, stop attacking each other seriously. We don't want to get the moderators coming after us do we? If we continue to argue with each other and blame it on someone who really had no control over what happened here, we're not going to get anywhere. The majority of us on here around either older teenagers or adults. LET'S ACT OUR AGES! Please.