Supports Discussion Thread

IkeandMia

Frederick: I said the same to you, once upon a training session.

And I was right. If I succumb to this, I can't well protect everyone on the front lines...

My body is ready, Avatar! The next sample, if you please!

REEEEEEGIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE! shakefist.gif

I am seriously wondering if that made it in BECAUSE of that E3 fiasco... or if it was there before that.

Because the localization team has pretty much demonstrated that it has a real sense of humor. XD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The localization is gorgeous! It adds so much flavour with all the accents and rich vocabulary. I'm also liking Stahl very much, as well as Cherche. I always wrote off Stahl as a plain guy, and he kind of is, but his supports make him such a darling. :] Gaius is absolutely amazing, and Owain just kills me.

Just read the English support between Sumia and Gaius. They managed to make it ever funnier than before. Things I found funny are :

Gaius: I have NO idea what you're blathering about, Stumbles.

--

--

Gaius: Hey! Hello? I'm trying to insult you here!

--

--

Gaius: I warned you, you daft---

Um, what are you doing?

H-hey! Don't run TOWARD me!

Sumia: Here's your beehive, Gaius---catch! Sorry, gotta run! See you later!

Along with a few others.

[spoiler=Anna and Female Avatar A support]

Anna

*scratch* When life gives you lemons, you sell lemonade! *scratch* Then you sell the the lemon rinds, and plant the seeds, and sell the lemon trees later on! *Scratch, scratch, scratch* Oh, gods! If only I had just sold her some lemonade! *scratch*

Oh Anna...

I actually got really irritated with the repetitiveness and overly moe/animu-ness of the supports back when we didn't have the localisation, and although to be fair none of us are professional translators and some of those supports are doubly translated from Chinese, the content just didn't feel interesting after a while. It felt like they're overexaggerating character gimmicks way too much.

Localisation, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making many of these supports more interesting. While they changed up characterisations here and there for certain characters I feel that it's definitely for the better (thank you no more gratuitous Cordelia flatchest comments!) and I enjoy reading them again. There are characters that I didn't like before localisation but I've grown fond of now, such as Lissa. So yeah. Definitely great work there, NoA.

Edited by Thor Odinson

The more supports I read and the farther I get in this game, the more I just freaking love the translation. I also noticed that the fan translation and the localisation support for Female Avatar and Stahl were pretty spot on. Good job guys!

And while I've been a little shakey to Sumia's character, I must say I really like her supports with Frederick. Probably my favorite of all her supports so far and who doesn't love someone when paired with a combat butler

I actually got really irritated with the repetitiveness and overly moe/animu-ness of the supports back when we didn't have the localisation, and although to be fair none of us are professional translators and some of those supports are doubly translated from Chinese, the content just didn't feel interesting after a while. It felt like they're overexaggerating character gimmicks way too much.

Localisation, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making many of these supports more interesting. While they changed up characterisations here and there for certain characters I feel that it's definitely for the better (thank you no more gratuitous Cordelia flatchest comments!) and I enjoy reading them again. There are characters that I didn't like before localisation but I've grown fond of now, such as Lissa. So yeah. Definitely great work there, NoA.

Agreed, holy crap are the supports and characters way more compelling in the translation from what little I've seen so far.

OwainxAvatar S Support

IKE CONFIRMED FOR MULLET TIER XD

Ike's Mullet = Confirmed as new DLC character.

Also, I'm only at B rank, but VaikeXTharja is absolutely hilarious!

Tharja: There goes (MU) again...I'm just going to sit here and bask in the glow...

Vaike: HEEEEEY-OOO! THARJA!

Tharja: ...Or I might stab a man to death...

Man, Fred's a smooth-ass motherfucker.

He makes the transition from the conversation to proposing so damn fluid and natural

It's beautiful

I just finished his support with Sumia and holy cow he is one suave bastard.

If only Stahl hadn't won me over with his unassuming ways and derptastic face I would be all over this combat butler

I concur. And if a weeb like me is saying that, I'd say that subjectively that should be saying "It's REALLY good" for you guys.

I nitpick here and there... and I love my Japanese copy more than my localized copy... but I say it was definitely worth every penny. And I'm just on the early chapters with the English voices.

Now as for specific supports... Olivia is too "forward" in her supports with Avatar... not objectively I mean... I mean that FULLY SUBJECTIVELY. As in "I like her REALLY shy nature and tone in Japanese". The support with MU/Avatar had a more lighthearted tone in Japanese moreso than the English one in certain sentences. However, the general feel is still there.

It's just... her "aura" isn't the same as "My Olivia".

I guess a weeb also probably the only one here who knows the truth of the games' dialogue differences. Soon enough FE Wiki you and TE will tell us the truth of the dialogue differences of the game. Like Heather's dialogue (FE10) of "She just wanted to be with all the pretty girls" got removed from the American and European copies and the Japanese folks gotten annoyed to no end that her fan arts were hardly ever made because of it! Sometimes it's best to keep the truth to oneself.

I guess a weeb also probably the only one here who knows the truth of the games' dialogue differences. Soon enough FE Wiki you and TE will tell us the truth of the dialogue differences of the game. Like Heather's dialogue (FE10) of "She just wanted to be with all the pretty girls" got removed from the American and European copies and the Japanese folks gotten annoyed to no end that her fan arts were hardly ever made because of it! Sometimes it's best to keep the truth to oneself.

Uhhh... Ayanami, you can stop fanboying over TE and myself now. Please.

*looks at Olivia x F!Morgan Support videos*

Hm... I think I prefer the english voice Olivia to the Japanese one. The pitch in voice isn't grating my ears, you see. Morgan sounds fine, either in English or in Japanese... though I guess I favor the English Morgan more.

Does anyone else like the expression Gregor wore in his C support with Cordelia? The smugness was amazing. Especially given the love talk he was giving her.

^ Lol Gregor is amazing. Need to finish that support. I really have noo idea whom I'll pair him up with now. I let him bang Nowi in my first playthrough because they came together in that chapter, but their support was kinda meh, so I'm trying to find him a better wife this time. :(

^ Lol Gregor is amazing. Need to finish that support. I really have noo idea whom I'll pair him up with now. I let him bang Nowi in my first playthrough because they came together in that chapter, but their support was kinda meh, so I'm trying to find him a better wife this time. :(

Try out Olivia. I'm getting their support in my file (I don't remember who claimed it in the english support thread so I haven't been writing it down) but it is pretty awesome. I have them at a B support and he was one smooth operator in there xD Really good support

Edited by Saria

One thing then I've also liked is Henry seems less overly manaical and now, while still a bit crazy is also just completly daft. I also like his little cat laugh.

And Gerome is freakin' adorable. Especially in his father supports.