Greetings and Felicitations!

Firespark Faerie

Well, hello everyone! Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Firespark Faerie, though you can call me anything that I'm likely to recognize. My real name is Misty (no, I wasn't named after the Pokemon character), and you're free to call me by that as well. Eirika.gif

Anyway, I'm currently twenty-four years old and I reside in the northeastern United States. I'm six months away from being married to someone whom I met online, and I have an eight year old daughter. I'm an electrician by trade, and oddly enough I really enjoy my line of work.... getting off topic here. Back on track, I've been an avid video gamer since my older brothers got me into them when I was a toddler. The first game I beat without their help was Kirby's Dream Land 2, and it still has a special place in my heart because of that. I'm largely a Nintendo nerd, but I do own an XBox 360, along with some "retro" consoles like an (amazingly still working) Atari 2600 that mostly gather dust, though we plug them in occasionally.

My history with Fire Emblem is kind of funny. Like many folks stateside, I first heard of the series with the inclusion of Marth and Roy in Super Smash Bros Melee. I found these characters interesting, so I did a little research on the series, and was disappointed to discover it was Japan exclusive at the time. I forgot about the series though I continued to main Roy in Melee for some time after that. Then one day while attending a Pokemon TCG League session at the local Toys R Us, I picked up Blazing Sword (then known here simply as Fire Emblem) because I remembered the name. I played it and became hooked on the gameplay. I've picked up every game since, and even played a few emulations of some titles that have yet to see a US release. It truly amazes me how with each new intstallment, it just gets more and more fun, and the characters get more and more complex, Awakening being no exception. My absolute favorite aspect of the series is that unlike most tactical RPGs, there are no 'generic' units in your army. Each and every character to join your party has a background, a motive for helping you, and a part to play in the story. I started focusing on other games after the long gap between Shadow Dragon and Awakening, since it's sequel didn't see a release here, but I've not come under a resurgence in my interest.

I've never visited these forums before, but after becoming hooked once again after starting Awakening, I Googled "Fire Emblem Forums," and this was one of the first to pop up. I'm really happy to be here, and I look forward to making friends and sharing some good times. I'm a pretty sociable person if I do say so myself, so feel free to add me or PM me if you'd like to chat any time. You might also see me in the IRC chatroom. wink.gif

Hello~! Don't forget to read the rules and all~!

. . .and now I really feel like an old lady. Hope your daughter follows in your proud gaming footsteps~!

Thank you! laugh.gif And we'll see about that. She's not as big of a gamer as me, but she likes some. We play Pokemon together, and oddly enough I managed to get her into FE. She's more into puzzle games than RPGs though. Go figure. Lute.gif

My favorite Pokemon is actually Flareon, but that picture was sitting on my computer and it was just so cute that i had to use it! Of course Eevee gets a big honorable mention since it's the base form. XD.gif

Hi there! You seem like a nice, mature person. :) Oh wow, we have a lot in common. We're both in our early 20s (I'm turning 22 in three months though), and our older brothers got us into gaming (my uncle also contributed though). And they had to help us with games a lot. And we like Pokemon. lol

I like FE, Zelda, Mario, and Smash Bros. more than Pokemon though. But I still like the series quite a bit! However, my favorite Pokemon is Keldeo. :P

Tell me you read comics and stage epic toy train crashes and I'll think you're a clone of me. Loving Zelda and Mario here too. Keldeo is adorable, but I think Victini is cuter. laugh.gif He's one of my favorites though.

']
[/size]

Too late for that. They were yummy too.

Edited by Firespark Faerie

Tell me you read comics and stage epic toy train crashes and I'll think you're a clone of me. Loving Zelda and Mario here too. Keldeo is adorable, but I think Victini is cuter. laugh.gif He's one of my favorites though.

Ah, sorry, not really into comics or toy trains. XD

Victini is cute, but I always found Keldeo to be the cutest Pokemon ever. I've always loved equine Pokemon anyway. Ponyta, Rapidash, Blitzle, Zebstrika! Horses are my favorite animals, so yeah. ;P

Edited by Anacybele

My favorite Pokemon is actually Flareon, but that picture was sitting on my computer and it was just so cute that i had to use it! Of course Eevee gets a big honorable mention since it's the base form. XD.gif

Flareon, huh? I like all the Eevee evolutions.

Victini is cute, but I always found Keldeo to be the cutest Pokemon ever. I've always loved equine Pokemon anyway. Ponyta, Rapidash, Blitzle, Zebstrika! Horses are my favorite animals, so yeah. ;P

Hmmm... I assume you like the musketeer trio as well?

When I was growing up I lived on a farm and my parents had a miniature horse, if it counts for anything. She's still alive, though she's rather old now. I'm also a fan of a certain animated TV show about ponies that you've probably at least heard of. wink.gif

']
[/size]

I do actually. They're my favorite legendary trio, as a group anyway. My favorite legendary is Suicune, but I'm not too keen on Entei and Raikou's designs. I named my musketeer trio Mickey, Donald, and Goofy for obvious reasons. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Edited by Firespark Faerie

When I was growing up I lived on a farm and my parents had a miniature horse, if it counts for anything. She's still alive, though she's rather old now. I'm also a fan of a certain animated TV show about ponies that you've probably at least heard of. wink.gif

You mean My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? I love that show! Rainbow Dash is my favorite character. ;P I was into MLP when I was little, but back then, I had no idea any MLP cartoons existed. I just played with the toys my grandma had at her daycare center, since I attended it.

I do actually. They're my favorite legendary trio, as a group anyway. My favorite legendary is Suicune, but I'm not too keen on Entei and Raikou's designs. I named my musketeer trio Mickey, Donald, and Goofy for obvious reasons.gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Ah, Disney. I grew up with that also. Just went to Disney World's Magic Kingdom back in mid January too. ^^

I also like Suicune, but I like Raikou too. Don't like Entei though. Ironically, though, my favorite type is fire and I've never been a big fan of water types.

Edited by Anacybele

Thank you! It's been sitting on my computer for ages. I'm not sure where it came from, but I'm really glad I found a use for it. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Yup. I really like FiM. It's also something my daughter and I can watch together and both enjoy. The Hub is one of our favorite networks, also because it airs stuff from my childhood like Animaniacs that we also enjoy together. I played with MLP toys somewhat as a kid, and my friend had a ton of them. We also had a few of the cartoons on VHS, but I don't remember much about it other than what I've rewatched lately on Youtube. And you're really lucky! We actually have plans to go to Disney World ourselves this summer. It will be my daughter's first time, and my first time in sixteen years, so we're all really excited.

Yup. I really like FiM. It's also something my daughter and I can watch together and both enjoy. The Hub is one of our favorite networks, also because it airs stuff from my childhood like Animaniacs that we also enjoy together. I played with MLP toys somewhat as a kid, and my friend had a ton of them. We also had a few of the cartoons on VHS, but I don't remember much about it other than what I've rewatched lately on Youtube. And you're really lucky! We actually have plans to go to Disney World ourselves this summer. It will be my daughter's first time, and my first time in sixteen years, so we're all really excited.

I see. I watch MLP online because I hardly watch actual TV anymore. Also, I'd say you're luckier. I'd have rather gone in the summer and been able to see more of the resort. Like Epcot, the waterparks, Downtown Disney, etc. I did get to go to the Animal Kingdom with my dad right after I graduated high school though. Was fun. ^^

And my trip to the Magic Kingdom this past January was my first trip there in about 20 years. I hadn't gone since I was 2.

Most of that stuff wasn't built yet when I went last, and I guess that's the same in your case as well. laugh.gif I was at Disneyland in California a couple of years ago, but it's not as big and 'magical' as the resort in Florida (still loads of fun though). I didn't even know they had waterparks there now. The only thing that I really remember from my first trip there other than the Magic Kingdom was that the monorail went right inside the hotel that we stayed in. You probably know what I'm talking about, because I can't for the love of me remember what it was called. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

[/size]

Most of that stuff wasn't built yet when I went last, and I guess that's the same in your case as well. laugh.gif I was at Disneyland in California a couple of years ago, but it's not as big and 'magical' as the resort in Florida (still loads of fun though). I didn't even know they had waterparks there now. The only thing that I really remember from my first trip there other than the Magic Kingdom was that the monorail went right inside the hotel that we stayed in. You probably know what I'm talking about, because I can't for the love of me remember what it was called. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Well, I was 2, so I don't remember my first trip. But Disney World has four theme parks and two water parks as well as things like Downtown Disney, a golf course, and other stuff like that. There's also a campground, which of course is cheaper than the hotels. And sorry, but I don't know what your hotel or the monorail is called either. xP

Also, on the topic of FE again, I also liked playing as Marth in Smash Bros. but I just found Roy to be boring. He felt the same, aside from the sword flames, which were kinda cool. Marth is alright, I just don't like how girly he is (I prefer manly men). Besides, as you can see, I'm obsessed with a certain other FE lord instead. :P:

Well, I was 2, so I don't remember my first trip. But Disney World has four theme parks and two water parks as well as things like Downtown Disney, a golf course, and other stuff like that. There's also a campground, which of course is cheaper than the hotels. And sorry, but I don't know what your hotel or the monorail is called either. xP

Also, on the topic of FE again, I also liked playing as Marth in Smash Bros. but I just found Roy to be boring. He felt the same, aside from the sword flames, which were kinda cool. Marth is alright, I just don't like how girly he is (I prefer manly men). Besides, as you can see, I'm obsessed with a certain other FE lord instead. :P:

My favorite lord is Eliwood. Roy was one of my best characters in Smash Bros, and I got used to him more easily than I did Marth. I really liked Eliwood as a character, and though he starts out much weaker than Hector and Lyn, his promoted form is totally badass. I'm in love with Lyn as well, but I often wish she had the critical bonus of a Swordmaster. Then gain, that might get a little cheap with bows. I also though Ike was pretty cool, but when you have an uncle in real life with that name as well, it sometimes feels a bit awkward. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

My favorite lord is Eliwood. Roy was one of my best characters in Smash Bros, and I got used to him more easily than I did Marth. I really liked Eliwood as a character, and though he starts out much weaker than Hector and Lyn, his promoted form is totally badass. I'm in love with Lyn as well, but I often wish she had the critical bonus of a Swordmaster. Then gain, that might get a little cheap with bows. I also though Ike was pretty cool, but when you have an uncle in real life with that name as well, it sometimes feels a bit awkward. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Ah, I like Eliwood! I found Lyn to be rather boring myself though. But I tend to prefer male characters to female ones anyway. I really don't know why. And you're related to a guy named Ike? Sweet, lol.

Edited by Anacybele

I find they're more deer-like than horse-like. But I do like Cobalion and Virizion.

Closer to deer-like... Hmmm... I seemed to get the idea that they (or more accurately, Cobalion and Virizion) looked kinda like horses.

Edited by Levant Fortner

[/size]

Hi there and thanks! Pokemon is like, my live... well... I'm obsessed with it! Pichu is really cute, but I think Eevee is cuter. laugh.gif

Reminds me of a certain other woman Anacybele and me both know. I'd often watch her play it, and have played some myself. Not a bad series, I got the basics down. Terrible with placing names (terrible with names in general, in fact) and their respective type(s) at times.