This is Important for Final Chapter above Normal Difficulty

The following are absolutely necessary, otherwise your final chapter will be uncompletable!

-Get the levels up for the following: Merric, Minerva, Sirius, & Julian. I don't care if you don't believe in using prepromotes, prefer Etzel for speedrunning or whatever, don't believing in fielding thieves for combat etc

these 4 bishop recruiters MUST NOT be underleveled!

-at least 4 uses of Rescue staffs, if not 8 or more: 4 to get the bishops you just recruited far away from any dragons, more if you want to get your bishop recruiters/Marth/other damage dealers to the 4 bishops

-Again staff. you don't want Feena surrounded by dragons, & Marth with Falchion need to land 3 hits to floor Medeus...if he has sufficient HP & RES to tank 2of hid Dark Breaths

and you basically need to use your Boots on Feena if you wanna get her near to your Medeus attackers

or you can recruit all bishops the same turn you kill medeus

As I said Marth need 3 Falchion hits to KO Medeus so to do that you need 2 Again uses, or 1 Again and 1 Feena dance

And if you intend to use Feena; does the game give you 2 Boots outside the online shop? 1 for Feena, 1 for Sirius to get to Nyna in time before getting gangraped by army of dragons

Hope you saved all Rescue & Again staves uses till final chapter

Remember this chapter gets reinforcements of dragons every turn

Edited by omglmaowtf

I beat this chapter on Hard with only Merric of the four listed units trained and used neither Feena nor the Again staff at all while still recruiting all the four bishops and not letting anyone die.

Your argument is invalid.

As someone who drafts, and regularly doesn't have any of those four trained. . .hogwash. If you can get a few other units with good weapons into range, you should be able to make up for the third Falchion hit. I tend to use a magical MU and someone with Gradivus.

You don't have to recruit the Bishops, but it will make the battle much harder if you don't. As he will absorb their lives and kill them prolonging the battle. I would also say that the temp Speed up is needed for Marth, so that he doesn't get double attacked by Hard/Lunatic Medeus and needing to give Marth Speed statboosters as much as possible throughout the course of the game. Julian, Merric, Minerva, and Sirius don't need to be trained if you have enough Rescue/Warp uses. But without OP's statments along with these, then yeah it will be un-winnable. But unless you don't mind seeing those Bishops dead as you need to rescue non trained Julian, Merric, Minerva, and Sirius then the OP is right about having those four trained good enough.

Edited by Katarina

:facepalm:

1. Kill off/recruit the chicks.

2. Kill Medeus in one turn.

That's all I've ever needed.

Exactly.

I usually just leave Julian, Sirius, Minerva and Merric to their fate.

Edited by Katarina

This map is quite tame on H1 if you have a pretty good team. You only really need five good units to hold the line while the recruiters sit just outside of range of the bishops. After the ladies are recruited, smack Medeus with Starlight, Hauteclere, two Falchions, and call it a day. I believe I beat this map on Turn 3 with no staff shenanigans.