The Lunatic Club

Shinori

surprisingly, Cherche does not have a negative magic modifier, i'm honestly surprised

still though, you could probably pair Avatar with someone more suited towards magic for a Sorceror build

I actually realized that Gerome's caps are very similar to others, so I suppose it doesn't matter in the end that matter. It's either Gerome or Owain for me, and tbh, Owain could probably use the inherited Galeforce when it really doesn't have a good slot on this set. The MAIN problem is with Owain though is that I can't let him inherit Galeforce if I have to obtain him before chapter 19, since Lissa would have to level up 20 more levels and it's safe to say I can't do that in 4 chapters. (Chapter 15-18 and Sidequest 4) I suppose it might be possible to get an S support with somebody else entirely though within 4 chapters, but I really shouldn't pair him with Miriel, Sumia, Cordelia, and maybe Tharja. Olivia is already married though so yeah she's out.

Edited by Quick

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, the real question is: why are you doing a no-grind lunatic run and then turning around and using the same file for postgame (unless you hold off entirely on the children)?

also I just realized doing AvatarxCherche is a waste of DAT GALEFORCE

actually, the real question is: why are you doing a no-grind lunatic run and then turning around and using the same file for postgame

To have a legit and rigorous Lunatic run for the main story and then recycle it for postgame stuff afterwards? Why wouldn't you?

To have a legit and rigorous Lunatic run for the main story and then recycle it for postgame stuff afterwards? Why wouldn't you?

you could like, not recruit the children in the main story and then come back later

which my post convieniently mentions right after the part you quoted

you could like, not recruit the children in the main story and then come back later

I heard that Rally Spectrum makes chapter 19 that much easier, so it's really hard and frankly unappealing to just not recruit Morgan and his other child.

Also, Dual Support+ is pointless on (my) Gerome, right?

Edited by Quick

I heard that Rally Spectrum makes chapter 19 that much easier, so it's really hard and frankly unappealing to just not recruit Morgan and his other child.

Also, Dual Support+ is pointless on (my) Gerome, right?

Dual Support+ is worthless

and go ahead and recruit Morgan now, she's not missing out on anything

don't really see why you need Gerome yet though

Dual Support+ is worthless

and go ahead and recruit Morgan now, she's not missing out on anything

don't really see why you need Gerome yet though

I guess it's that I I have to give Morgan Rally Strength, which would be almost impossible to do, but it was more like MUxCherche in itself since my Sorcerer set doesn't need Galeforce. Ahh, well.

Plus 2 is better than 1, but you might be right.

Edited by Quick

How are you going to get your experience in a non-grind Lunatic except for completing the children paralogues, huh?

I ignored it because it was irrelevant. You're phrasing it as an alternative suggestion, but there isn't something to make suggestions about; there's just a way someone feels like combining two objectives.

How are you going to get your experience in a non-grind Lunatic except for completing the children paralogues, huh?

well, skip Owain/Inigo/Brady's paralogues and do every other paralogue?

although yeah, just realized there's no point in waiting to grab Gerome, my bad

I guess it's that I I have to give Morgan Rally Strength, which would be almost impossible to do, but it was more like MUxCherche in itself since my Sorcerer set doesn't need Galeforce. Ahh, well.

Plus 2 is better than 1, but you might be right.

You ought to plan to get Morgan before Chapter 18, which is kind of a mess of a chapter and which can be made much easier if Avatar consistently gets hit with Morgan's Rally Spectrum.

You ought to plan to get Morgan before Chapter 18, which is kind of a mess of a chapter and which can be made much easier if Avatar consistently gets hit with Morgan's Rally Spectrum.

Gerome would be fine over Morgan right? Waiting until Postgame so I have time to turn her into a wonderful cry supporter with Rally Strength just seems great. Whereas Gerome will have nothing he would NEED to inherit and thus can use him from the get-go.

In general, a consistent Rally Spectrum user and Naga's Tear from Morgan's Paralogue are great for the enemy promotion difficulty spike around Chapter 17. It also helps for the exp. Owain is another "easy" Paralogue for the exp. That seems to be about where people start complaining about the stat curve. >_>

Gerome's paralogue is insanely hard, like lategame-Lunatic stats.

I'm not at all knowledgeable about postgame stuff, but yeah, having a Rally Spectrum user not named Avatar really helps out in Ch 18 and beyond. Actually, Gerome might be even better as a main-game Rally Spectrum user since he's got wings.

EDIT: but yeah, as XeKr points out, Gerome's sidequest features enemies that are rather strong. Morgan's sidequest features pretty tame enemies in comparison.

Edited by Redwall

I'm not at all knowledgeable about postgame stuff, but yeah, having a Rally Spectrum user not named Avatar really helps out in Ch 18 and beyond. Actually, Gerome might be even better as a main-game Rally Spectrum user since he's got wings.

EDIT: but yeah, as XeKr points out, Gerome's sidequest features enemies that are rather strong. Morgan's sidequest features pretty tame enemies in comparison.

The majority of the enemies are Wyvern Lords and Griffon Riders, coupled with some Snipers and Swordmasters, right? If that is the case then it seems like the Snipers will be the only major threat since on paper it seems like Lon'qu can just dodge and kill every flier.

I suppose it's best if I try it for myself though, things on paper don't ALWAYS work when put to the test. Once I get MUxCherche a from B to S I will be able to try it out for myself. And me still being on Chapter 15 gives me a little bit of time.

From Chapter 15 onwards, if I were to give Henry 2 Speedwings and pair him up with a Swordmaster, would he be able to catch up? That would bring him up to 21 speed after promotion, incase you're not sure. It seems like a tank would be really beneficial since my MU still has 9 more levels to go before he can reclass to a Sorcerer while gaining Rally Spectrum.

Since I feel safe to say that MUxCherche is the most optimal choice, I think I should bring this to note since Henry honestly seems like he'd be good if it wasn't for his Speed, which I have attempted to fix, well I think, idk.

Oh crap I also just realized I only have 4 more chapters for MU to gain Rally Spectrum in the first place which means 9 more levels. Welp time to MUxCherche duo Sidequest 4.

On paper? Are you taking into account the unusually high level of the enemies in that map?

I don't really know a way to tell tbh, I guess it's one of those chapters that has a huge transition between Hard and Lunatic, which I would expect no less.

I think I'm getting to into myself though, I should be expecting a challenge rather than a cake walk, and I'd be an idiot if I didn't.

Gerome's Paralogue has the highest level enemies of all of them, iirc. I think it can be roughly judged by the parent's join time. Morgan/Owain are easy and Avatar/Lissa join early. Inigo/Gerome are hard and Olivia/Cherche join late relative to other mothers. The trend seems to hold.

The enemies probably all have forges, maybe hacked ones. Wyvern Lords have access to Lances, and might have Swordbreaker, plus maybe Tantivy/Quick Burn.

I think you're underestimating the difficulty curve from all the enemies being promoted, let alone the harder Paralogues.

Yeah, in Lunatic, Gerome's Paralogue has enemies so strong that all their weapons are hacked, like Ch21 on in the main story.

First post on the forum, yay!

I just beat Hard/Classic, and want to unlock Lunatic+ for my first ever Casual playthrough, so I'm playing Lunatic/Classic. Just got wrecked by the 1st chapter after forgetting that my MU is not a combat god any more XD

If I'm going to endure this insane difficulty, I'm going to join the club for it (if for no other reason than to keep me motivated! YEAH!)

First post on the forum, yay!

I just beat Hard/Classic, and want to unlock Lunatic+ for my first ever Casual playthrough, so I'm playing Lunatic/Classic. Just got wrecked by the 1st chapter after forgetting that my MU is not a combat god any more XD

If I'm going to endure this insane difficulty, I'm going to join the club for it (if for no other reason than to keep me motivated! YEAH!)

If you're going to do Lunatic + Casual, you need to beat Lunatic on Casual.