The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Lunatic+ is mostly that way in the early game because options are so limited. Once characters start getting a bit of a stat lead and a few skills or weapon proficiencies that let them get around certain abilities (mostly Counter), the threshold for a map to be impossible rises rather steadily. Of course, this also depends on what kind of restrictions are in place. Spotpass and the Bonus Box help a lot with gear issues (sweet, sweet 2 range) and DLC can get units those stats. Willingness to sacrifice weaker units so that the strong survive can potentially help too.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stuck on chapter 5, I can barely survive three turns and got everyone killed because there is too much counter. My MU has sucky offense because she reclassed into a Pegasus Knight and has only E-Rank on lance... Chrom used also Naga's tear and get to level 6 with cools lvl up. I train Virion and Lon'qu also.

Edited by Missile

My strat was, if you are allowing bonus box, to have Fred+ Kellam with Gae Bolg or Armads go north, and to the fort. Nothing that doesn't have Luna+ will be able to damage him, unless counter. Which in case you give him a vulnerary or an elixir. The rest of the party focuses on the left side and on the reinforcements.

With Gae Bolg he one-shots myrms, but with Armads he takes no damage from them or the barbs. So pick one. Or use both if you have the weapon level.

Hope it helps!!

One more thing, did you complete paralogue 1?

Edited by 1% critted

Virion and Cordelia are great to have, Virion for bows and Cordelia for Rally Speed, but reclassing MU like that right now sounds like a really bad idea... I don't want to tell you to restart but you're not going to have an easy time losing a powerful mage before the rest of your team catches up.

Are you using Renown? DLC? Perhaps any SpotPass recruits?

Actually, I have every Renown items except boots and the Supreme Emblem (I gave Spirit dust to MU). I can use Spotpass character if I have no choice (I have FE7-11 team) but I don't use DLC. I wanted to reclass MU into a Pegasus Knight to get Galeforce as soon as possible and give it to Morgan (galeforce + veteran to gain exp faster).

However, I don't have Gaebolg and Armads. There are only Tyrfing, Luna and Vengeance currently. I also completed Paralogue 1 so I can rescue Maribelle and Ricken.

:C. Well a different strat, put Fred+Kellam on the little passageway, blocking it, and have him there for most of the battle, while your other units take care of the enemies on the left, and the wyverns. If you see Fred is going to be attacked by a counter enemy, either range attack him(it will leave the enemy very weakened and one more blow will finish it off thus negating counter) or unequip Fred. Give everyone that will see combat tonics.

Try this one now.

I wanted to reclass MU into a Pegasus Knight to get Galeforce as soon as possible and give it to Morgan (galeforce + veteran to gain exp faster).

Galeforce is great, but getting it just a tad earlier in the easier mid-game isn't worth making the harder earlier chapters even harder like that. I find Tactician 20 -> Grandmaster 10 -> Dark Flier to be the most practical route.

You're right but getting an early master seal is only based on luck unfortunately :/

:C. Well a different strat, put Fred+Kellam on the little passageway, blocking it, and have him there for most of the battle, while your other units take care of the enemies on the left, and the wyverns. If you see Fred is going to be attacked by a counter enemy, either range attack him(it will leave the enemy very weakened and one more blow will finish it off thus negating counter) or unequip Fred. Give everyone that will see combat tonics.

Try this one now.

It worked well, until a Counter + Pavise Barbarian spawn from a fort and attacks Chrom, he counter with a crit but that wasn't enough to kill him and it was enough to kill Chrom. Pls kill me.

Edit : If I can't beat this chapter after a few tries, I will restart but I really don't want to (Chapter 2 and 3 are hell I don't want to restart beat them again)

Edited by Missile

Like others said, I think it's time to restart then. I mean I had the same setup as you, my avatar also had E lances and was a peg. But Lon'qu had Levin Sword and Fred Gae Bolg and an Orsin's hatchet. One thing I have to say is, if you keep avatar as tactician until chapter 5, use Celica's Gale in it. It makes it much easier and it one shots wyverns.

If you don't want to restart(I know that pain), just keep trying. But just so you know, Chapter 6 is actually harder than 5 on Luna+ if you don't have enough viable combat units.

Oh yeah the Levin sword, why not.

I have also stat boosters except the seraph robe and the spirit dust (and I have two energy drop also). Maybe if I use them, I can win...

(And I got a glass bow so I can basically OS three Dracoknight)

Edited by Missile

If someone is missing 2 strength points to one a shot a specific type of enemy (or ORKO, OHKO is better for avoiding counters), then use the drop on them (after taking tonics into account). Use the stat boosters only if your units NEED the boost in stats to completely change the map. Like say, Chrom not being able to double the wyverns, but with a speedwing he can.

Welp, just beat regular Lunatic Classic nogrind with my standard setup (+Str -Res FeMU. Sully, Panne, Lucina, and Morgan as other main combatants.) Sully got a huge favoritism package earlygame, namely the entirety of my Renown boosters, but it was worth it since she got really tanky.

Probably will stick with more optimal setups like +Def -Skl when I do L+ since I'm not that masochistic. Probably won't be able to pull off favouring Sully either, sadly. Will be a while before I start L+,though.

Doing a Lunatic/Casual run. After gaining a bunch of exp on the prologue, my MU took a huge early lead and is now OP as hell. On Chapter 14, got my Chrom!Morgan and FeMu!Lucina. Really easy now tbh.

EDIT: This is no grinding btw, since I can't access DLC.

Edited by Vapo

So.... liek

Im going to start playing on Lunatic siriusly

after finished FE12 H1 because its a fun stuff

But without MU

How possible would it be?

Easy. Chrom can do nearly the same as +Def Avatar, just not quite as op. Just needs slightly more Frederick early on.

EDIT: I'll amend my statement by saying it's nearly the same difficulty as one with Avatar. Which can still be challenging on your first Lunatic run, particularly early on. It also depends on how well you know the leveling mechanics, like not promoting early and such.

Edited by XeKr

Welp, just beat regular Lunatic Classic nogrind with my standard setup (+Str -Res FeMU. Sully, Panne, Lucina, and Morgan as other main combatants.) Sully got a huge favoritism package earlygame, namely the entirety of my Renown boosters, but it was worth it since she got really tanky.

Congrats, welcome to the Club.

But without MU

How possible would it be?

Vanilla Lunatic? I don't see an issue. You'd just be giving to Chrom/Fred/etc what would normally go to Avatar. The early part would be harder, but once you get going Lunatic is not a BFD. The "hard" chapters are probably easier with an overleveled Falchion Chrom.

I just beat Lunatic(classic) mode yesterday. Playing Lunatic+ at the moment and I can't get past chapter 2. :(

Congrats on beating vanilla, welcome to the Club.

Try some of the strategies in my Lunatic+ thread (see sig). If you focus basically all of your kills into a +DEF/-whatever Avatar, you basically get a second Frederick-level unit for Ch2; makes things much easier, though still subject to getting pwned by anything with Luna+.

EDIT: and if you are playing Lunatic+ Casual, sacrifice some units to buy yourself time.

Edited by Interceptor

Congrats on beating vanilla, welcome to the Club.

Try some of the strategies in my Lunatic+ thread (see sig). If you focus basically all of your kills into a +DEF/-whatever Avatar, you basically get a second Frederick-level unit for Ch2; makes things much easier, though still subject to getting pwned by anything with Luna+.

EDIT: and if you are playing Lunatic+ Casual, sacrifice some units to buy yourself time.

Many thanks, Interceptor. Sorry about my horribly late reply, I really do appreciate your quick reply though. *Follows thread* (That strat in prologue was pretty sweet by the way.) And yes I am playing Lunatic+ Casual mode. I started to scapegoat units it when I got annoyed. I wanna play Lunatic+ Classic now though(even though I haven't beaten Casual mode). Is something wrong with me?!