The Lunatic Club

Shinori

Yes. The series 1 DLC is affected by difficulty setting as well as FP. The differences between hard and Lunatic concerning DLC is minimal though.

This mean only Apotheosis, and The Golden Pack that doesn't affected by difficulty, yes?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally yes, I believe. However, DLC enemies do not get extra skills on Lunatic+.

I've heard that the FP enemies get the Lunatic+ skills on Lunatic+, but...

Ah, I see.

Future Past 1 & 2 are unchanged, but FP3 enemies each have a single random Lunatic+ skill.

So I finally am deciding to deal with Lunatic in this game. I really didn't want to because I remembered how to play normally rather than LTC, and thus remembered what fun was. However, I decided even though FE12's Lunatic left me scarred for life, I might as well give FE13's Lunatic an honest shot.

I'm at Chapter 1 and I'm already stumped. Prologue was actually fairly easy, but then chapter 1 rolls around. It WOULD be easy, if not for this fucker with a hammer cramping my positioning entirely. I feel overwhelmed just because I can't put Fred where I want to, else this guy just jacks him.

FE12 was hard as hell, but I suppose there was charm in it's simplicity since you could put a lot to player phase science. This game, feels like I'd have to take several factors into account at once, and my brain is not used to it. I know Avatar, but I dunno how to Avatar. Sad I know.

Tips? I'm at least attempting to LTC. Is 8 turns in prologue good?

I feel overwhelmed just because I can't put Fred where I want to, else this guy just jacks him.

Just give Fred Avatar's bronze sword and put him on one of the forts. Not 100% reliable, but the hammer guy should usually miss like that.

Yeah, realized that a bit ago. Feel silly not thinking about that.

So, interesting thing about chapter 1. While Fred and Avatar do that, I sent Chrom and Lissa south. Chrom was to pull a bandit to the east, so that I could set up a sweet position. Basically he sat in a cross between Lissa and Virion, passing Sully back and forth between the two to kill the bandit in one turn while healing so that I could immediately pull in the Merc right after. Basically had them take out individual pains away from Fred so he wouldn't get totally swamped/he wouldn't get all the kills.

Got a boss kill on Avatar, who now sits level 4. Know it's not Fatatar play, but it worked.

6 turns.

Generally yes, I believe. However, DLC enemies do not get extra skills on Lunatic+.

I've heard that the FP enemies get the Lunatic+ skills on Lunatic+, but...

Ah, I see.

Future Past 1 & 2 are unchanged, but FP3 enemies each have a single random Lunatic+ skill.

As for Lunatic+ skills with DLC, only Labyrinth Pursuit (Roster Rescue) and Future of Despair 3 (Future Past 3) gets affected by the "Lunatic+" flag that says "enemies get randomly generated Lunatic+ skills".

...Though only the huge Revenants get that benefit in the maze map.

Yeah, realized that a bit ago. Feel silly not thinking about that.

So, interesting thing about chapter 1. While Fred and Avatar do that, I sent Chrom and Lissa south. Chrom was to pull a bandit to the east, so that I could set up a sweet position. Basically he sat in a cross between Lissa and Virion, passing Sully back and forth between the two to kill the bandit in one turn while healing so that I could immediately pull in the Merc right after. Basically had them take out individual pains away from Fred so he wouldn't get totally swamped/he wouldn't get all the kills.

Got a boss kill on Avatar, who now sits level 4. Know it's not Fatatar play, but it worked.

6 turns.

8 turns should be the standard in Prologue if you are distributing experience evenly. I may test Chapter 1 later but I think it will be similar to what you already have.

Edit: Yep, got 6 turns in chapter 1, but I got avatar to level 5, Chrom to level 3, Sully to almost 3, and Fred to almost 2. Also did chapter 2 and got 9 turns.

Edited by 1% critted

8 turns should be the standard in Prologue if you are distributing experience evenly. I may test Chapter 1 later but I think it will be similar to what you already have.

Edit: Yep, got 6 turns in chapter 1, but I got avatar to level 5, Chrom to level 3, Sully to almost 3, and Fred to almost 2. Also did chapter 2 and got 9 turns.

Distributing exp evenly often goes against the tenets of efficiency/LTC. >_>.

Anyways, in general, there exist highly reliable and faster clears of the earlier chapters. For example I'd consider the standard for Prologue between 4-6 turns and Chapter 1 around 4-5 turns depending on just how safe you want to play. Taking more turns beyond that won't increase reliability by much. At this pace, Avatar can still snowball in time to become competent around Chapter 5-6 as Frederick begins to slow down. Trying the train others to be competent will take way longer and will likely not payoff in turns down the line.

I'd highly recommend against doing LTC on a first Lunatic run. The gap between Frederick/Avatar/Veteran!Children and the others is just too massive and if you'd dedicated about relatively low turns, you'll end up skipping a lot of somewhat interesting mid/lategame/paralogue content through Rescue/Galeforce or just simply bumrushing the bosskill chapters.

But for those who do want to LTC or do efficient play, some tips would include leaning on Frederick/Sumia while feeding Avatar as many kills as possible. Then lean on Avatar while feeding his/her children as many kills as possible. Pick up some movement skills early while Veteran/stats can still carry you, then go for self-healing stuff (Sol/Nosferatu) as enemies becomes ridiculous with haxxed forges and whatnot. Every character has a niche, whether chip/ferrying/Pair Up. Specifically have a long-term plan for the final boss or it's nearly impossible. There's some other tips/nuances and mapping detailed in Redwall's or my efficiency logs.

After a long hiatus from playing, I decided to put on a brave face and continue my Lunatic save! I really respect people who can do proper No Grind LTC Classic runs so I kind of wanted to push myself and try it as well.

It's really... hard orz;;

At this point, I concede to not even doing LTC anymore! I-I just want to get through the game with everyone alive u n u;

Chapter 5 was the stage that made me stop playing before. I could not, for the life of me, get through it properly. So this time around, I decided to just ignore it for now and tackle Paralogue 1 (Which I had been putting off for when I could find an Arms Scroll and a Javelin for Donnel). Paralogue 1 was pretty handy for preparing for Chapter 5 though. I managed to give my units good exp, and procure a Rescue Staff! Which was super vital in getting Mirabelle and Ricken out of their little corner.

Though I had to restart quite a few times. About 15 times I guess D:
Chapter 5 was still a bit dicey though, but at least it felt more doable. Had to restart more than 20 times for it hehe... ;;

In the end, I feel like most my chapters are going to involve restarts that number more than 10, but it's okay. It's pretty neat how you get an idea of what to do and where to go with each restart, as well as what you should look out for. Lunatic's a pretty interesting experience! I just don't think I'm ever going to be skilled enough to LTC this (Or even stick to no grinding eventually)

Well this game is the second one I LTC (First being FE7), so I don't know the rules all that well >_>.

It's not so much "rules", but that lowmanning is generally the dominant strategy for LTC in FE. And moreso in this game with Veteran/Pair Up. <_<

In the end, I feel like most my chapters are going to involve restarts that number more than 10, but it's okay. It's pretty neat how you get an idea of what to do and where to go with each restart, as well as what you should look out for. Lunatic's a pretty interesting experience! I just don't think I'm ever going to be skilled enough to LTC this (Or even stick to no grinding eventually)

Chapter 5 is one of the harder chapters (some would say it's the last truly "hard" chapter in Lunatic), so great job getting past it.

As long as you delay promotion (reclass first) to get as much out of the fast unpromoted leveling as possible, you'll be fine. Just be prepared for the enemy promoted enemies (which show up en masse Chapter 17). For no-grind, I'd recommend using Frederick as little as possible since his stats are pretty terrible after the earlygame.

Edited by XeKr

For no-grind, I'd recommend using Frederick as little as possible since his stats are pretty terrible after the earlygame.

Yeah, I'm trying to wean myself off of Frederick dependency right now but I feel like I still failed a bit given that he's level 8 already (As of Chapter 6)

I'm trying to rectify it by letting Sumia kill things while Frederick stays behind her, as they have B support at the moment. Here's hoping Sumia and her Beast Killer can take this map xD

Yeah, I'm trying to wean myself off of Frederick dependency right now but I feel like I still failed a bit given that he's level 8 already (As of Chapter 6)

I'm trying to rectify it by letting Sumia kill things while Frederick stays behind her, as they have B support at the moment. Here's hoping Sumia and her Beast Killer can take this map xD

That's a good way to use Frederick, BTW. He makes a strong Support unit, because his high weapon ranks allow him a lot of flexibility on Dual Strikes. Plus the stats he gives Sumia are more or less exactly what she needs.

Chapter 17 done. Have to retry more than I did for Chapter 16 because of my bad luck. The Valkyrie is frightening but somehow they end up being shoot to the face by avatar (I don't know why she attract a lot of heat even though they could attack Miriel through the wall). Now onto Chapter 18, where fliers lose their mobility advantage due to lava tile. Is there any way to quickly finish this one? I want to grab those chest really quick by the enemy numbers are really daunting.

I'm hating Lunatic+ Ch19 right now; thinking I might have to undeploy everyone but Avatar, Chrom, Nowi!Morgan, and Avatar!Nah. Everything rushing on a map that open is just death I think.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD! But I did tough it out in the chapter, I JUST KEPT RETRYING TILL I GOT IT RIGHT BECAUSE I DON'T LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES, I JUST KEEP REPEATING THEM UNTIL THEY AREN'T MISTAKES.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD! But I did tough it out in the chapter, I JUST KEPT RETRYING TILL I GOT IT RIGHT BECAUSE I DON'T LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES, I JUST KEEP REPEATING THEM UNTIL THEY AREN'T MISTAKES.

Insanity. Except in Lunatic+, it actually works. How much should I grind before C5 in Vanilla Lunatic?