Fire Emblem in Plastic (again)

Lord Glenn

Quickly linking this before heading off to bed. (Not about the actual game or its content, so I figured that General made more sense than the Awakening board.)

Saw this while browsing for gaming news, didn't see a topic anywhere about this yet on SF, and though it's not really up my alley, I figured that there might be people here that might be interested. (Given that most of us are pretty die-hard fans--otherwise, we probably wouldn't be here--I would guess that information about additional collectables related to the series would be something that people would want to know about.)

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/10/fire-emblem-awakenings-marth-and-tharja-to-get-figurines-2/

-Very Quick Summary-

Max Factory, a Japanese figure making company, announces:

• a Masked Marth "figma" action figure (according to the image - only OA shown), and
  • a figurine of Tharja (complete with what defines her character)

I would summarize in more detail but the source article's pretty limp on it to begin with; understandable since it was just an announcement after all.

Not the first time the series has had figures, but the Tharja picture looks of significantly better quality than the FE4 trading figures are...

You'd really gotta have no shame whatsoever if you're gonna get that Tharja figure. But hey, I'd probably get the Masked Marth figure...if only I knew what it looked like. >_>

Tharja's really popular in Japan, as one of the most popular gen 1 females in the game, so I'm not surprised she's one of the figurines being made. But that pose is pretty atrocious, if only because it makes my back ache just looking at it. And that's a shame considering how finely detailed it is. Of course almost all statue figurines of female characters are shamelessly fanservice-y so I'm not really surprised at that, either. I've actually seen worse Dr. Who merch though... so whoever in marketing comes up with these things is really just too caught up in "Sex Sells".

I doubt Marth will be fanserviced up, though. It'd be so character breaking it's not even funny.

I was going to say that people generally underestimate how flexible our spines are, and I assume taking Tharja's pose wouldn't quite actually break anybody in half, but damn

bazhS.gif

it's definitely pushing it, especially for a supposed bookworm

Also was debating with myself just how useful it is to point out that even if it's possible, not a lot of people would actually lean like that, at least not for the sake of comfort, because bending at your back is a hell of a lot less comfortable than bending at your waist and all that, but then again it's Tharja, no wait it's a figurine, no wait it's an anime figurine of Tharja what was I expecting

but then I realized, now we know

this is how we know the line into anime has been well-up-and-truly crossed

On the less-ambiguously-plus side, the art style of Awakening transitioned better into 3D than I'd have expected. particularly the face and muscle definition are nice. yeah yeah I know

+1 "interest" in how Marth'll turn out

Edited by Rehab

The pose that Tharja is in comes as no surprise to me, as if her in-game design didn't look provocative enough.

I'm curious to see if more figures will be released as time goes on. Personally I'd like to see Vaike and Sully ones. I'd have preferred to see Chrom over Masked Marth, but I still might consider importing these as a gift for my fiance (he collects stuff like this) if the price isn't too steep.

Yeah... I need that Tharja figurine and I don't care about her pose. It just means I can't have the figurine out in the open like another one I have but never unboxed because reasons.

Also, someone let me know when they go on sale because yes.

The figma Marth would be nice to get.

I hope they include an alternate head or hair piece. I am aware that figmas have alternate faces, but I don't know if any of them comes with extra head parts. I'm a Lucina fan, so I would love to be able to display her as well.

It would be nice to see more scaled figures of Fire Emblem characters like the Tharja one.

• 2 weeks later...