Which character have you had the hardest time leveling up?

Kaze

On Normal Mode it was Virion. I kinda abused skirmishes to see how they were and battling was fun and then everyone was powerful enough to ORKO most enemies, but Virion got a bit STR screwed and couldn't. So for a good time he was just chiping stuff to get some exp while others were getting kills. He eventually catched up.

On Hard Mode for me was Ricken. He's good when he comes but his reclass options are horrible ( Archer and Cavalier ). His SPD also sucks. Somehow he have horrible RES as well so he can't even tank mages. So that leaves promoting him early, reclassing a new one ( with 6 or 7 STR as cavalier...)or reclass to mage again... while Maribelle had good MAG as Troubadour and could reclass to Mage to some quick levels plus extra stats on MAG and became a powerhouse.

The only reason Ricken is still on the team is because he is married to powerhouse Sage Maribelle and they have a Dual Attack of 75% or more or something like that...she can't one shot so Ricken finishes those last health points. And when needed he can heal someone...

I had to forge Ricken an Arcfire with max power and some hit...and there were times he still MISSED even while paired with Maribelle Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Donnel was ok to level up on Hard without skirmishes. There's plenty of archers on his own map you can lure one by one with some DEF character and weaken for him to feed...along with some other kills i think i got him to lvl 4 right on his map. A level in lances and he can use javelins to chip stuff and gain exp and he will now and then get a kill on isolated enemies. It's just a hassle and slow you down sometimes, but it's not hard to do and it all adds up. Now that i remember i forgot to forge him weapons Facepalm_emote_gif.gif ... that would have made my life much easier... Specially since i used an Archer Chrom and made him one...

Edited by Lanko

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ricken fails as a magic unit too. He's anything but magical. So little speed and resistance. Dear Intelligent Systems, please make the next FE with a proper shota mage like you did with FE5 and FE6. High speed, good resistance, green hair.

I never really had any issue with Ricken aside from low Resistance.

But none of them are truly unusable. For really unusable units, look into FE10 instead. Now I want an FE10 remake with reclassing.

I see your FE10 and raise you FE6.

Specially since i used an Archer Chrom and made him one...

Wanted to go Holmes this time. =D

Post the stats and tell us how he turns out again as a Bowman. He needs to be able to use the Falchion for the final battle. Make him a Bow Knight afterwards.

I never really had any issue with Ricken aside from low Resistance.

Yours was blessed.

But in general, he has terrible speed.

Edited by Katarina

Donnel, since he dies in one round for the first few levels. Also Vaike, for never being able to hit anything, not even knights when he has a hammer and a double partner, and needing to be kept far away from magic units. (He just died trying to take out the chapter 15 boss's last hitpoint...)

Ricken for me. I used him until the end of the game and now he is a Dark Knight level 15 with 18 points in speed lol

I actually benched him later and further developed Tharja (Japanese run. Don't have the US game yet.). No regrets. He served his purpose after Maribelle had a baby.

Tharja ended up like this in the end.

Tharja LV20/18 EXP87

Class: Dark Knight

sariya2.jpg

HP 64/64

Power 22

Mag Pwr 31

Skill 21

Speed 36

Luck 22

Def 29

Res 14

Sword B Tome A

Skills: Curse, Crimson Curse, Slow Start, Life Absorb

She could actually tank well with Thunder Swords too also having Life Absorb to make her a great frontliner.

Edited by Katarina

Wanted to go Holmes this time. =D

Post the stats and tell us how he turns out again as a Bowman. He needs to be able to use the Falchion for the final battle. Make him a Bow Knight afterwards.

I reclased him pretty early, i believe through Renown Second Seal. Probably should have waited a bit more, but then come the maps with plenty of wyverns ready to feed Chrom.

He got a bit STR screwed, but he can ORKO most things, even armored foes since he have acess to Armorslayers. If he crits with Killer Bows even those die without getting melee counterattacked.

Made him a Bow Knight. That movement range plus being able to attack from range is really good. Bonus for being able to use Killer Bows and Killing Edges while having good DEF.

Just reached Endgame and Chrom is a lvl 18 Bow Knight :

HP : 70

STR : 32 (worst physical ) To have an idea, Assassin Stahl capped 42 STR and Kellam who reclassed to Priest at lvl 12 now have 36 as lvl 16 War Monk. Basilio joins with 34.

MAG : 6

SKL : 44+2 (cap)

SPD : 39 (2nd best SPD, only losing to Falcoknight Morgan with 43+2)

LCK : 35

DEF: 31

RES: 17

I reclased him pretty early, i believe through Renown Second Seal. Probably should have waited a bit more, but then come the maps with plenty of wyverns ready to feed Chrom.

He got a bit STR screwed, but he can ORKO most things, even armored foes since he have acess to Armorslayers. If he crits with Killer Bows even those die without getting melee counterattacked.

Made him a Bow Knight. That movement range plus being able to attack from range is really good. Bonus for being able to use Killer Bows and Killing Edges while having good DEF.

Just reached Endgame and Chrom is a lvl 18 Bow Knight :

HP : 70

STR : 32 (worst physical ) To have an idea, Assassin Stahl capped 42 STR and Kellam who reclassed to Priest at lvl 12 now have 36 as lvl 16 War Monk. Basilio joins with 34.

MAG : 6

SKL : 44+2 (cap)

SPD : 39 (2nd best SPD, only losing to Falcoknight Morgan with 43+2)

LCK : 35

DEF: 31

RES: 17

Nice!

He's actually good in any Physical based class. As Magic users are in Mag/Staff based ones.

Gaius. Everything on Lunatic mode kills him in one hit when you get him.

His defenses both Physical and Magical never improves overtime either.

Guess he's a Low tier (NeverUsedTier) character after all. x.x

Edited by Katarina

I'm surprised that people are having difficulties with Panne and Gaius. Those characters seem to be my best aside from my Avatar. Panne did an amazing job once she leveled up once. I think Nowi and Gregor gave me a lot of trouble...Same with Henry since he got killed in his debut chapter. ;>_>

I'm surprised that people are having difficulties with Panne and Gaius. Those characters seem to be my best aside from my Avatar. Panne did an amazing job once she leveled up once. I think Nowi and Gregor gave me a lot of trouble...Same with Henry since he got killed in his debut chapter. ;>_>

Have you played Lunatic mode? Everything except magic users will kill Gaius in one hit when you get him.

Have you played Lunatic mode? Everything except magic users will kill Gaius in one hit when you get him.

I have not played Lunatic mode. xD Don't have any intentions on doing so yet. XD

Donnel.

I'm seriously mad at how bad a start he has. If I want that epic 3rd Generation Aptitude Morgan, though, I'm gonna have to level him up.

SIGH

If someone wants to pass Donnel's aptitude i think they shouldn't level him at all right ?

Otherwise he's gonna pass Underdog when reaching Villager lvl 15 or the lvl 1 skill when he reclass, is that right ?

You can switch the skills around so Aptitude is the bottom skill.

Donnel.

I'm seriously mad at how bad a start he has. If I want that epic 3rd Generation Aptitude Morgan, though, I'm gonna have to level him up.

SIGH

You could pair him with a stronger unit (Early on, Fredrick is good. Later, any promoted unit can do the same) and use reeking boxes in early areas.

I had trouble training Gregor (By the time I got him, Donny was a better mercenary), Nowi (RNG screwed in every stat, I don't even know how) and Kellam (Granted, I forgot he existed after a couple of chapters...).

Virion.

Lissa probably has the highest rating out of all my units right now, she's a healer, she's so easy to train. Just spend extra turns heal-spamming. o-o

Or rescue-spamming. XD (Unless Rescue is expensive. I don't remember how much it was... But I had like 3, so it didn't really matter.)

I leveled her up quite a lot with that.