Custom Battle Models Thread

darkkfan

I actually haven't seen an axe animation of a General without a skill proc'ing.

I thought they fall flat on their face with a Luna?

Anyways, the OP is updated right? Should I start taking screenshots to confirm them?

I think you are right it is after Luna, maybe just on the second hit too? I'm fairly certain it happens with an axe too though.

Yeah the OP is updated but I didn't think you were volunteering to take screenshots of all of them... Whoa, then we could link to the pics in the OP instead of describing them.

But it would be a lot of work on your part so like I said I don't expect it and it really isn't totally necessary. I would be happy just with a few pics of the heavily contested ones, but even then I think we are pretty much all in agreement on most of them. On the other hand, it would be a good reference for trying to find the subtle differences without having to fire up one's game and reclass... but whatever, it's up to you. In any case, I appreciate the offer.

Right now what we need more is someone who is willing to run all of these through Aversa's paralogue to confirm them that way, since as we've seen sometimes what you can actually see on the models doesn't tell the whole story (case in point: Swordmaster Lon'Qu).

Edited by Walhart

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of of my files is almost to the part where I can do Aversa's Paralogue. I want to check actually if Cynthia's Falcoknight is custom the same way Lon'qu is, since most of the second gens have two custom models.

... A list of other specific things to check may be nice, as I'm rather forgetful.

One of of my files is almost to the part where I can do Aversa's Paralogue. I want to check actually if Cynthia's Falcoknight is custom the same way Lon'qu is, since most of the second gens have two custom models.

... A list of other specific things to check may be nice, as I'm rather forgetful.

...Doesn't look like it - Cynthia's Falcon Knight garb is the usual blue one.

Edit: Also, I don't know if there's any difference, but Dark Knight Tharja (and possibly Miriel, Laurent, Ricken, and Henry as well) seems to retain the blue tint on her armor as an enemy unit in Aversa's paralogue...

Edit 2: Welp, it doesn't apply to Miriel.

Edited by Levant Fortner

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know if there's any difference, but Dark Knight Tharja (and possibly Miriel, Laurent, Ricken, and Henry as well) seems to retain the blue tint on her armor as an enemy unit in Aversa's paralogue...

Edit 2: Welp, it doesn't apply to Miriel.

That's pretty weird. I wonder if its the same thing that happens with the Berserker models. It would make sense because AFAIK there aren't any enemy female dark knights anywhere. Then again if DK Miriel's armor turns red I guess that disproves that theory.

Also, related to the note about Lissa as a Bride, certain females (Nowi, Nah, Tiki, Emmeryn, Tharja, Miriel and Maribelle) use some different attacking and dodging animations as Brides.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Also, related to the note about Lissa as a Bride, certain females (Nowi, Nah, Tiki, Emmeryn, Tharja, Miriel and Maribelle) use some different attacking and dodging animations as Brides.

Worth noting, thanks. I wonder, are the animations following any sort of pattern (like are they from another class or anything)?

When I made Cynthia a General she did not do the tripping thing for any normal/luna/crit axe attacks.

Hmmm... Weird. Perhaps I was remembering incorrectly, although I was sure that the axe did the tripping thing. This requires further investigation.

Worth noting, thanks. I wonder, are the animations following any sort of pattern (like are they from another class or anything)?

The 8 I mentioned do have different stances with bows and a different flourish when entering battle with lances from others; also, the rush through attack for most Brides is a sliding charge; the aforementioned 8 have a twirling attack (if you don't know what I'm talking about, use the Luna lance), and whereas most Brides do an uppercut with their spears, the other 8 do a jumping thrust like that of the Merchant class (but since Merchants are an NPC class, and one that you probably won't see double attack at that... someone will have to go through Apotheosis and see whether that Anna has the animations in question or not (Lancebreaker is advised!!!)).

Edited by Levant Fortner

IIRC pega-pony princess has generic design? Last time when I checked her on Aversa's Paralogue she has the generic pink outfit. Then again, I finished it so I couldn't confirm this.

Cynthia is definitely generic.

The 8 I mentioned do have different stances with bows and a different flourish when entering battle with lances from others; also, the rush through attack for most Brides is a sliding charge; the aforementioned 8 have a twirling attack (if you don't know what I'm talking about, use the Luna lance), and whereas most Brides do an uppercut with their spears, the other 8 do a jumping thrust like that of the Merchant class (but since Merchants are an NPC class, and one that you probably won't see double attack at that... someone will have to go through Apotheosis and see whether that Anna has the animations in question or not (Lancebreaker is advised!!!)).

Hmm... that's interesting and worth looking into. Are any of the animations obviously stolen from other class sets (like the dread fighter animation steals the hero animation)?