Custom Battle Models Thread

darkkfan

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She wears Nowi's outfit IIRC. So does Spotpass!Tiki, again IIRC.

Yup, I can confirm both of these. It's quite strange that Spotpass!Tiki has Nowi's outift instead of regular Tiki's, but I guess they choose Nowi's because Spotpass!Tiki is much younger than regular Tiki.

Since I got a butt load of Street Passes, I can see which characters have custom battle models or not, since characters with custom models retain that model as an enemy.

Examples include Sniper!Virion turning red (meaning he's generic), while Great Knight!Frederick remains the same but his horse turns red.

Swordmaster!Lon'qu has a custom model, believe it or not, but I can't really point of what's so unique about it. He retains his blue colors as an enemy, soooo.

Dark Knight!Lucina has her short "Marth" hair as a player & enemy as well as unique white/blue armor, and it's worth mentioning that an enemy Lord!Lucina (only Lord, not Great Lord) is wearing her butterfly mask, while retaining her long hair.

Berserker!Vaike is technically unique because his muscles are toned, even with the loss of muscle mass. Warrior!Vaike is also technically unique due to his large muscle mass compared to reclassed/generic Warriors. He retains both these models without color change as a Street Pass enemy.

Since I got a butt load of Street Passes, I can see which characters have custom battle models or not, since characters with custom models retain that model as an enemy.

Examples include Sniper!Virion turning red (meaning he's generic), while Great Knight!Frederick remains the same but his horse turns red.

Swordmaster!Lon'qu has a custom model, believe it or not, but I can't really point of what's so unique about it. He retains his blue colors as an enemy, soooo.

Dark Knight!Lucina has her short "Marth" hair as a player & enemy as well as unique white/blue armor, and it's worth mentioning that an enemy Lord!Lucina (only Lord, not Great Lord) is wearing her butterfly mask, while retaining her long hair.

Berserker!Vaike is technically unique because his muscles are toned, even with the loss of muscle mass. Warrior!Vaike is also technically unique due to his large muscle mass compared to reclassed/generic Warriors. He retains both these models without color change as a Street Pass enemy.

I wonder if this holds true for Paralogue 22 as well... though I expect it does.

Edited by Levant Fortner

That's a great idea checking who has custom models as enemies. I will update the OP with this new info shortly. That Lucina one would really screw everything up so I am going to confirm it just to see it with my own eyes.

Thanks for the info, this seems the most reliable way to check these kinds of thing, would you (or anyone else) consider continuing to check for custom models in this manner, since I have yet to get a single streetpass team.

Edit: I must be interpreting this wrong. While Lucina does in fact have shorter hair as a dark knight (which is weird enough as is), just to clarify, do the following things just apply to enemies or to player models too?:

Dark Knight!Lucina has unique white/blue armor, and it's worth mentioning that an enemy Lord!Lucina (only Lord, not Great Lord) is wearing her butterfly mask, while retaining her long hair.

Edited by Walhart

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody seems to have pointed this out and the thread seems old, but I noticed today that while Cherche's Wyvern Lord model seems generic, her Wyvern is black instead of the generic green ones used by other characters that re-class. Gerome's is also black, which makes sense since they're both Minerva.

Edit: I must be interpreting this wrong. While Lucina does in fact have shorter hair as a dark knight (which is weird enough as is), just to clarify, do the following things just apply to enemies or to player models too?

Oh, sorry for the late reply.

Dark Knight Lucina's unique model should be applicable to both enemy and players, as she clearly had a white/blue armor palette.

Lord Lucina (long hair) with the butterfly mask is enemy only.

Berserker and Warrior Vaike both apply on the player & enemy side.

Since Aversa's Paralogue is out now, I guess anyone can check for unique models. Though my Lucina can't become a Dark Knight on any of my playthroughs, so I can't double check myself.

Tharja's dark mage outfit is actually unique. The inside of her cape is red, where using DLC!Micaiah as comparison, the inside of her cape is blue. Just noticed it while grinding her on my EU copy

Edited by Wheels

Nobody seems to have pointed this out and the thread seems old, but I noticed today that while Cherche's Wyvern Lord model seems generic, her Wyvern is black instead of the generic green ones used by other characters that re-class. Gerome's is also black, which makes sense since they're both Minerva.

Thanks for contributing. The thread wasn't that old, was it? It just didn't have any new info for a while. It certainly wasn't dead.

I'm surprised that no one has noticed that about Cherche and Gerome's Wyvern before, but it seems to be true and it makes sense so I am adding it.

Oh, sorry for the late reply.

Dark Knight Lucina's unique model should be applicable to both enemy and players, as she clearly had a white/blue armor palette.

Lord Lucina (long hair) with the butterfly mask is enemy only.

Berserker and Warrior Vaike both apply on the player & enemy side.

Since Aversa's Paralogue is out now, I guess anyone can check for unique models. Though my Lucina can't become a Dark Knight on any of my playthroughs, so I can't double check myself.

Don't worry about replying late, at least there's some life back in this thread.

I'm gonna add the updates about Vaike to the OP. I'm not sure what to do about the lord Lucina one since it is enemy-only, but I'll add it for now.

As for Dark Knight Lucina, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to see a picture for this one because I reclassed my Lucina and I didn't see anything different. Maybe I am missing something though, Dammit where is Merry Sioux when you need him.

Tharja's dark mage outfit is actually unique. The inside of her cape is red, where using DLC!Micaiah as comparison, the inside of her cape is blue. Just noticed it while grinding her on my EU copy

Henry has an entirely different outfit as a Dark Mage.

Thanks for posting, you two, but we aren't considering base classes (especially not unpromoted ones) since they are generally the same as the character portrait and are custom for every character.

Edited by Walhart

I found out more about Miriel's Sage garb.

Miriel's Sage dress is a custom dress. You can compare this to the Generic ones with the regular clothes exposing their pants and boots. Miriel's completely covers down to her feet and has a small split on her left side that sometimes exposes her leg and foot

I think Lucina has a custom Paladin outfit? I reclassed her to that and her armor looks to be silver and blue, in contrast to the armor on the horse which is yellow and blue. I definitely know it's different from Chrom's, which is yellow and blue like the horse. I haven't changed any other females to paladin, so I don't know if it's the 'default' female paladin colors or not, though. Sorry if this is confusing, or not much help.

I just took a look at Dark Knight Lucina and aside from the new haircut, I'm having trouble seeing what distinguishes her from the other female Dark Knights. A White and Blue cuirass is the norm for female dark knights.

Thanks for contributing. The thread wasn't that old, was it? It just didn't have any new info for a while. It certainly wasn't dead.

I'm surprised that no one has noticed that about Cherche and Gerome's Wyvern before, but it seems to be true and it makes sense so I am adding it.

Well, it was my first post ever here, so I didn't know much about the forum dynamic here. I was basing my expectation on the other forum I go to, where a thread that hasn't had activity in a week is pretty much dead. But I found this thread interesting and I'm glad to be contributing to it :)

Okay, so maybe it's the default female then.

It is. Just tested with Lucina, FeMU, Kjelle and finally Sully for reference and only Sully had a unique design(all red armor) while the other 3 shared the same design.

Well, it was my first post ever here, so I didn't know much about the forum dynamic here. I was basing my expectation on the other forum I go to, where a thread that hasn't had activity in a week is pretty much dead. But I found this thread interesting and I'm glad to be contributing to it :)

Oh, good to hear that it helping to teach some newcomers here :): , and it is a compliment when I say that I wouldn't have realized you were a newbie if you haven't said it.

It's a recolor of Emmeryn's Sage model to be exact. A black dress instead of a white one.

Huh, I wouldn't have thought that. I'll definitely update with this.

Libra has an unique model for War Monk but considering the rules...

Yeah, thanks for posting this anyway. It's really my fault for not emphasizing that rule earlier.

I just took a look at Dark Knight Lucina and aside from the new haircut, I'm having trouble seeing what distinguishes her from the other female Dark Knights. A White and Blue cuirass is the norm for female dark knights.

Yay! Merry Sioux is back to help us spot things! I was pretty sure about this one but how I am 100%. Not that I necessarily doubt them just because this was wrong, but can someone else confirm the other things that Chidokyo said just to make sure that he wasn't mistaken about these too.

Even if this one was wrong, I still think Chidokyo had a good idea of checking as enemies in Aversa's paralogue and spotpass.

• 2 weeks later...

So umm...

Has anyone noticed that Great Knight Sully rides a white horse?

Actually, no one has noticed that. Probably because of all that armor, but in any case, again, nice job spotting that one! I can also confirm that Paladin Sully rides a normal colored horse.

Sorry if this is nitpicky, but I'm not sure what you mean by Sumia and Cordelia having bare legs as Falcoknights. Sumia has fuschia stockings while Corderlia has red.

Also, staring at Lon'qu's SM outfit is getting me nowhere. I would guess that his shirt under the coat is a brighter light blue, but that's a stretch.

Sorry if this is nitpicky, but I'm not sure what you mean by Sumia and Cordelia having bare legs as Falcoknights. Sumia has fuschia stockings while Corderlia has red.

No, that's fine. Nitpicking is the whole point of this topic :). I got that description from another topic and I'll check it.

Also, staring at Lon'qu's SM outfit is getting me nowhere. I would guess that his shirt under the coat is a brighter light blue, but that's a stretch.

About 50% of people say this one is custom, the other half says it isn't. I don't think there are any noticeable differences (unless someone can point one out), but according to one person this model doesn't change on Aversa's paralogue for an enemy, so this is why it is listed as custom. If anyone can confirm or disprove any of these things, though, that would be very helpful.

Edited by Walhart

Okay, so I'm not being weird, thanks :). To be honest though, with how the pegasus gets in the way and the weird design of the chaps, it can be hard to see the stockings unless they're in the Barracks.

EDIT: To add, the colors of their stocking also match their undershirts, seen from the side. Just had Cordelia in the Barracks to get a look.

Edited by Perlia

Someone may have pointed this out already, but I think Panne's thief outfit is unique. I remember having my Avatar as a thief and her outfit was a dark gray color. Panne's has a more... mauve tint to it.