"faire" Skills

Sublime Manic

In quite a few threads concerning Streetpass team skill combinations or just good skill combinations for your units in general, I see people frequently using the "faire" skills that give +5 Strength/Magic with the proper weapon type equipped.

The hardest DLC isn't available yet, I've also yet to encounter a maxed out Streetpass team, myself, and what things I CAN spend my time fighting in the game currently never go from being killed in two hits to one from my units equipped with "faire" skills.

For those of you who have fought maxed out Streetpass teams, are currently making your own, or imported Japanese copies of the game and played all the DLC, how useful do you find the "faire" skills to be? Does their value increase in any particular context? Would you have your units equip "faire" skills to take on the hardest DLC or for constructing your own Streetpass team?

I'm no expert, so someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 8D; But I think the Faire skills are fairly useless. There's a better version of the +2 of Whatever skill, but I wouldn't waste a Skill slot on them if I could help it.

The faire skills essentially increase your strength or magic stat cap by 5. I'd say that's pretty useful.

For example, If you wield lances, Lancefaire will increase your attack by 5 while Strength+2 will only increase your attack by 2.

If you combine these with other offensive skills like Aether or Astra, you can deal a good amount of extra damage. The only other way to increase your damage is to use crit increasing skills and land crits more often.

Edited by Zera

I find Swordfaire useful on Olivia to help offset the Dancer's low strength cap.

^This.

Honestly, she won't be doing damage to any generals on Lunatic without a pair up and a forged weapon if you don't have Swordfaire on her.

I particularly find the -Faire skills helpful for increasing the range of staves like Rescue and Physic and Fortify. While it may seem like it would only be useful for Tomefaire and sages/troubadours, Bolt Axes will boost the magic of war monks/clerics, Stunsticks will boost the magic of Falcoknights, and Levin Swords will boost the magic of Tricksters. Plus you just deal +5 damage a hit, which becomes huge when you factor in skill activations, critical hits, and double attacks. The passive also applies all the time, so a doubled partner with a -Faire skill is still boosted even when they cannot activate their active skills.

Swordfaire with Luna = 210 crit? Yes, please.

That crit was actually from Ignis but same idea >.>

Honestly, I give it to all possible units if I can. The extra boost in str/mag is always useful in situations like enemy units with high defense/resist, or for the sake of beating the highest crit that you've seen in the game so far. Plus, who doesn't want to kill a unit with Counter faster? That skill is a bitch to leave around.

If you combine these with other offensive skills like Aether or Astra, you can deal a good amount of extra damage. The only other way to increase your damage is to use crit increasing skills and land crits more often.

Basically this. + 5 damage per normal attack/Luna(if it works how I think it does and only reduces defense), +7/8 damage per Astra, +10 damage per brave attack/Aether, +2/3 HP restored per Sol/Aether, etc. Say you're doubling somebody, you're dealing 12.5% of the HP cap in extra damage. Or a quarter of the health cap if you're using a brave weapon.

It was useful on my Dark Flier Avatar with a forged Celica's Gale so she could kill Grima before he could even retaliate, with Chrom paired up.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Celica's Gale was amazing.

I didn't even have mine forged, and I two-man blitzed Grima and found it WAY harder than the preceding bosses. I was down to 3 HP when I got four Ignis hits (I think some crit?) and four Chrom assists (some of which definitely crit).

Edited by CinderSkye