General advice

Gamer7625

I am still waiting on my pre-order copy of the game to get to GameStop, yes really, but as I wait I guess I will see if there is any general advice I should know before getting into the game.

Hmm...All units should take the following skills if they can get them (by reclassing or inheritance):

Armsthrift (From Mercenary)

Renewal (From War Monk/Cleric)

Galeforce (From Dark Flier)

Early on, disable slide guides and have fredrick pair up with a unit you want to train.

Don't do children character chapters until both parents are promoted.

Buy any master/second seals you can from merchants early in the game.

Down on units? Do some spotpass challenges to get new/better ones.

Grandmasters make amazing pair up candidates, even better with support.

Forged Bronze weapons are fairly cheap and can be helpful in getting weapon ranks up.

Dragonstone+, Beaststone+, Bolganone, Thoron, Rexcaliber, And brave weapons are buyable by the later chapters.

Edited by Melonhead

'

Also, since you're making this thread... go with Normal/Casual. Don't be a hero!

But heros are awesome they get sol and axe breaker.

Edited by Randa

Don't do children character chapters until both parents are promoted.

THIS. Do THIS. I foolishly did three children chapters and ended up with some unsatisfactory skills for the kids.well maybe not Cynthia and Morgon, both at least got Ignis but Kjelle got kinda screwed by having discipline and outdoor fighter. More grinding for me :/

[/size]

Every

New

Game

Must

Be

Female

Period

Why though? Are female MUs like that much better statistically?

Either way I can't pair up with THE DARLOING as female MU so male it is for me!

[/size]

Every

New

Game

Must

Be

Female

Period

chara02f.jpg

This would be an ideal design for a female swordmaster.

-----

Make sure to keep in mind that supports don't develop by just bringing the characters into the chapter.

Edited by Katarina

Teh major point for female MU is that she can get gale force.

Yes.

In the Dark Knight Class.

FemaleMU>>>>MaleMU

That's the reason I made her a Dark Peg in my second run and that she looks like the design in the picture.

-----

Hmm...All units should take the following skills if they can get them (by reclassing or inheritance):

Armsthrift (From Mercenary)

Renewal (From War Monk/Cleric)

Galeforce (From Dark Flier)

Let's see...

Recommended skills

-What above poster said....

-Aptitude (Villager)

-Lifetaker (Dark Knight)

-Despoil (Barbarian)

-Pavise (General)

-Luna (Great Knight)

-Aegis (Paladin)

This probably can't be done on Lunatic. Since EXP gains gets halved, grinding has been removed, and these skills requires alot of EXP to get.

Edited by Katarina

THIS. Do THIS. I foolishly did three children chapters and ended up with some unsatisfactory skills for the kids.well maybe not Cynthia and Morgon, both at least got Ignis but Kjelle got kinda screwed by having discipline and outdoor fighter. More grinding for me :/

Arr. Also note that skills (on parents) can be rearranged so like, you can put Donnel's Aptitude as the last skill in his skill set so that his potential kid can get it. And you want a kid to get that. Holy crap. (My current Inigo....)

Rally Spectrum is awesome. Rally Spectrum and Galeforce combo is also awesome. (Oh current Cynthia. How broken thou art.)

Yeah, Lifetaker is pretty awesome.

I also fond of Vengeance.

Wait so as a general statement does Lifetaker>Sol?

...I guess with Galeforce it would XD

But generally?

Not really. It's better on paper. But if I'm not mistaken, the general consensus is that Sol > Lifetaker due to the basis that Lifetaker activates only on the Player Phase whereas Sol can activate during both phases, despite being more luck-based than Lifetaker. Edited by Little Al

Not really. It's better on paper. But if I'm not mistaken, the general consensus is that Sol > Lifetaker due to the basis that Lifetaker activates only on the Player Phase whereas Sol can activate during both phases, despite being more luck-based than Lifetaker.

Why not have both? Double the heal!!! :D (actually, its more or less than double depending on your luck with sol activation)

heh good thing they never put out a Parity-like skill for DLC, otherwise everyone would run with stuff like Galeforce/Lifetaker/Renewal/(some support skill)

and yeah, if you kill someone every turn, 50%>30% of HP (unless you really want both)

I guess with Sol and Lifetaker, you wouldnt really need Renewal?

That's implying you deal enough damage/kill your enemies.

Generals with Great Shield WILL ruin your day if the unit in question is using a physical weapon.

I'd say if you're going to use Life Taker, use it with Galeforce.

100% Life Heal if you're really worried about keeping your life up while killing the enemies.

Though if you're using Aversa's Night, you'll be dealing damage. So go ahead and equip Sol for 99-100% Damage dealing life drain on activation (99% because it floors each half damage life drain and THEN adds them together).

Edited by shadowofchaos

Lifetaker is best used with units who will be taking defensive positioning, or for scouts if they also have Galeforce.

Renewal is best used for Boss Killers, Staff Users, people who are fairly hard to kill but aren't going to be primarily purposed to kill hordes.

Sol is best used with Tanks.

e.g. My Avatar is a Falcon Knight who uses Renewal for the final boss. She scouts ahead, rescues, heals, etc. (Galeforce, Ignis, Renewal, Lancefaire, All Stats +2). I don't use Rally Prism on her because she usually isn't in formation.

My Inigo stands out in the middle of a crowd and just destroys everything before they can get to weaker opponents. So he has Sol, Galeforce, Spendthrift, Tomefaire, All Stats +2.

My Morgan runs ahead, picks off a weak unit with Galeforce and gets a heal, runs back into a defensive formation and Rallys Prism. Rally Prism, Lifetaker, Galeforce, All Stats +2, Ignis.