• Every playthrough.
    • Never have.
    • A few times, not every time.
    • Once, too much hassle, never again.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nino might have godly 20/20 stats, but she joins massively underlevelled with bad stats, and that really doesn't help her. I have used her once, but I will never again.

Nino might have godly 20/20 stats, but she joins massively underlevelled with bad stats, and that really doesn't help her. I have used her once, but I will never again.

You'll be missing out.

You'll be missing out.

What are you babbling about? She's even worse than Heath. Promoting her happens too late to be of any consequence, requires the sort of handholding/abuse that countless others got over ages ago, and even then she won't hold so much as a melted candle to other magicians. The very worst unit on the team or among the worst if she's deployed in every chapter she's available. How does she not blow?

What are you babbling about? She's even worse than Heath. Promoting her happens too late to be of any consequence, requires the sort of handholding/abuse that countless others got over ages ago, and even then she won't hold so much as a melted candle to other magicians. The very worst unit on the team or among the worst if she's deployed in every chapter she's available. How does she not blow?

In terms of avergae 20/20 stats, Nino beats Erk and Pent in all stats except defense.

So I guess the real question is:

Are you willing to baby Nino into a godly sage or do you just prefer a reliable sage throughout the whole game.

To some people: She blows.

To others: She owns.

We're all entitled to our opinions.

I don't know what the hell you're saying about Heath, he's the best flier in the game, even though the pegasus sisters are all good as well. Back to Nino, everyone thinks her late appearance and low starting level kills her. It doesn't. Every time I've used her (And that is a lot of times), it hasn't been difficult for her to get kills or stay alive. Sure, for the first few levels, she would need enemies to be lowered first, but by level 10, she was killing and dodging all her own, even occassionally against promoted units. So it's never been a problem to have her promoted by the end of Night of Farewells and kill her mother.

When compared to the other two, Fireman said it all. And with speed like that, does she need defense? No. If you are angry about her staff level, Erk has that problem too, and that is why Priscilla is amazingly awesome, even better than Nino. But that is for another thread.

Just look at the poll. Plenty of people like her.

why oh why does she come so late and underleveled, but with godly 20/20 max stats to tempt us to use her or make us feel bad if we dont cuz she has better cap stats

Compared to the other Sages at 20/20, Nino is indeed much better. But Erk and Pent will already be incredibly good when Nino joins and they will stay better because Nino will never catch up to them. And if you did not train Erk and Pent, you also want your other characters to gain more experience, and not just one character who will become great if she by some miracle reaches 20/20.

Compared to the other Sages at 20/20, Nino is indeed much better. But Erk and Pent will already be incredibly good when Nino joins and they will stay better because Nino will never catch up to them. And if you did not train Erk and Pent, you also want your other characters to gain more experience, and not just one character who will become great if she by some miracle reaches 20/20.

Relinquish the 20/20 thoughts. I rarely get many characters to 20/20. She doesn't need to be 20/20 to be awesome, no one does. At 20/5 she is already awesome, and you can't say that's difficult to do. She can easily catch up to everyone. At Cog of Destiny, your units should be around 20/7~10. And that is a perfect level for her as well, it's like it was designed for her with all those slow knights and generals.

I don't say Erk and Pent suck. Pent is the best pre-promote in the game. Erk is sturdy, but he doesn't have enough skill for me. He is good, just not as good as Nino.

It all comes down to whether you are awilling to baby her. If you're patient, then she is a good choice, otherwise if people can't look after her for a few chapters to make her gain experience then that is just another option. Personal experience tells me she is a unit worth using and raising to 20/20.

Haha!

Nino joins in Chapter 26/Chapter 28. She joins at level 5. She will never ever reach 20/5 in one chapter, because Chapter 27/Chapter 29 is Cog of Destiny. She will gain 2 levels if you are lucky. Or a lot more if you think abusing is fun. But even then, she won't reach 20/5.

Haha!

Nino joins in Chapter 26/Chapter 28. She joins at level 5. She will never ever reach 20/5 in one chapter, because Chapter 27/Chapter 29 is Cog of Destiny. She will gain 2 levels if you are lucky. Or a lot more if you think abusing is fun. But even then, she won't reach 20/5.

There is a sidequest called Night of Farewells right after Battle Before Dawn and right before Cog of Destiny. It is very possible to get her to 20/5 or at least 20/1 for Cog of Destiny. And that's all she really needs.

2 Chapters is still not enough to let a character gain 20 levels. That is just too much.

I mean, does Matthew, a character with an experience boost, gain 20 levels in 2 chapters? Exactly, he does not. Perhaps 4, but that is only when you use him more than the other characters.

2 Chapters is still not enough to let a character gain 20 levels. That is just too much.

actually, you'd be amazed, just have her attack EVERYTHING and kill EVERYTHING and she gets almost a level for every like 2 or 3 enemies. Then just boss abuse and you're golden

actually, you'd be amazed, just have her attack EVERYTHING and kill EVERYTHING and she gets almost a level for every like 2 or 3 enemies. Then just boss abuse and you're golden

That's what I did(or at least tried to do). I just loved seeing that experience bar fill up.

In the chapter where you kill Nino's mother (what's it called again?), just place Rebecca in front, watch the enemies try to hit her. There will be no retaliation (since she would be a sniper in close range combat), so just place Nino behind Rebecca, and hack away at the enemy's life from there. They will all be queueing up to die as they spawn from the steps - cavaliers, paladins... Watch her levels grow, it's great.

In the chapter where you kill Nino's mother (what's it called again?), just place Rebecca in front, watch the enemies try to hit her. There will be no retaliation (since she would be a sniper in close range combat), so just place Nino behind Rebecca, and hack away at the enemy's life from there. They will all be queueing up to die as they spawn from the steps - cavaliers, paladins... Watch her levels grow, it's great.

It's called Night of Farewells.

And yes, it is great.

I don't think abusing is a fun thing to do.

But if you guys want to abuse just to gain one good character and let the others gain about 0 experience, then go ahead and abuse.