Raven

Nino  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use her?

• Every playthrough.
    • Never have.
    • A few times, not every time.
    • Once, too much hassle, never again.

I don't think abusing is a fun thing to do.

But if you guys want to abuse just to gain one good character and let the others gain about 0 experience, then go ahead and abuse.

Just one good character can mean saving the life of another.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

abusing is SOOOOO much fun! little nino killing prepromotes. It kinda gives u a warm fuzzy feeling inside

Little Nino killing prepromotes... I really do not care, to be honest. Other characters can also kill them unpromoted.

And Fox, I prefer having 10 good characters and no Nino over 9 decent characters and a godly Nino.

Little Nino killing prepromotes... I really do not care, to be honest. Other characters can also kill them unpromoted.

And Fox, I prefer having 10 good characters and no Nino over 9 decent characters and a godly Nino.

Continuing.....

If you have only been using 9 and not 10 up to that point, wouldn't they be slightly higher leveled as a result? Think about it. If you choose to raise Nino instead of Erk, considering you don't power level him in Lyn's mode, that is actually fewer levels you have to spend on someone. Now I'm not the person to think that really makes a difference, it's just a response to your statement.....

I'm sure 11 units will not get affected by Nino taking most of the experience for a chapter or two. Raising 12 units and not bothering with Nino will get you in the same position as raising 11 units and Nino as the 12th, by the end of the game. Only difference is, Nino is a godly unit, so I personally see that as the best option.

I also prefer having 12 good characters over 11 decent characters and a godly Nino, if that is what you mean.

Raven said it. You are not making much sense with this statement Tino. I could just throw the same response I gave earlier at you, but that would be redundant.

To be honest, this little argument has got me quite intrigued, and I'd like to see whether my own theory during the last post is right...

I'm going to need to set myself rules for this. Here they are:

Rule 1

By the final chapter's end, I will have 12 units:

Non-Nino playthrough:

1. Lyn

2. Eliwood

3. Hector

4. Florina

5. Rebecca

6. Raven

7. Dart

8. Priscilla

9. Legault

10. Oswin

11. Canas

12. Erk

Nino playthrough:

1. Lyn

2. Eliwood

3. Hector

4. Florina

5. Rebecca

6. Raven

7. Dart

8. Priscilla

9. Legault

10. Oswin

11. Canas

12. Nino

Choosing the 11 other than Erk and Nino was pretty difficult for me... other candidates were: Serra, Guy and Fiora. I wanted to include Guy in there somewhere, but I decided to replace him with Canas because this selection is heavily weighed more towards weapon-wielders as opposed to tome-users. Also, I will not use any of the other units during this thing, I will leave them at base where possible.

Rule 2

I will go through the game for both playthroughs in this order: Lyndis Hard Mode (Normal mode annoys the hell out of me, I am not a noob...), then Eliwood Normal Mode.

Rule 3

Every unit will be level 20 before promotion to a new class, including Priscilla.

Rule 4

At the Port of Badon, I will arena abuse Lyndis, Eliwood and Hector to lv20. I wouldn't normally, but since I need to raise Priscilla who is only able to heal until she promotes, I see no other way unless I promote her much later in the game. The extra Gold would be useful too, I think.

Rule 5

Side-quests and alternative routes I will participate in (using this page as a guide):

7x

13x

18x

22x

23A (Linus)

Probably: 25A (Kenneth) for non-Nino playthrough and 25B (Jerme) for Nino playthrough. Will try to get 25A for noth runs, but can't promise anything of course.

26x

29x

Hopefully this is all set up. I will make a copy of the save file on the chapter I recruit Erk in Lyn's story, because from there on things should turn out slightly different between the two save files.

I will also keep a record of each unit's level after the end of each chapter, and hopefully be able to put my results in the form of a graph at the end of this experiment. Should be fun. It starts now.

Raven, that isn't necessary. Healthy arguments are what forums are all about. Plus, we aren't trying to decide who is better, Nino or Erk, we are discussing if Nino is worth using.

I know, don't worry. But, it is the Easter holidays, and doing something like this should keep me entertained for a few days at least. I like a good challenge now and again.

Nino's stats aren't ever godly thanks to her constitution and lots of other characters having enormous level leads that never disappear. And since even the likes of Erk or Canas can very plausibly have at least Cs lategame and Bs close to the end then her staff rank, if she gets one, is nothing to write home about either. So much for her being worth using at all, let alone over the majority.

But, it is the Easter holidays, and doing something like this should keep me entertained for a few days at least. I like a good challenge now and again.

Then for the main campaign you should be occupying yourself with Hector Hard Mode and not touch anything else. It's what the top FE7 debaters do.

You can also use the quote option, Blutritter...

Nino joins late with these stats:

HP: 19.0 Mag: 7.0 Skl: 8.0 Spd: 11.0 Def: 4.0 Res: 7.0 Luc: 10.0 Con: 3

Nobody has worse stats than Nino. She can't deal much damage, won't double and can't survive. Why would you use her? Because she has 20/20 stats that are godly?

But you know what it is with Nino? On non-ranked runs, she is indeed very good if you want to abuse, something I do not like. But on ranked runs, she is one of the worst units you get.

Then for the main campaign you should be occupying yourself with Hector Hard Mode and not touch anything else. It's what the top FE7 debaters do.

I have a Hector Hard mode save file, I'm currently at the Port of Badon arena abusing Florina, Guy, Raven and Rebecca. Or that's what I intend to do. Problem is, after getting Florina above level 17 then getting killed for the fourth time running, I haven't touched the game since the beginning of February. This small challenge I set myself is making me pick the game up again, and when I finish it, I will probably go back to that Hector Hard mode save file. I don't intend my HHM file to be a rank run, I'm trying it out because I've never finished it before.

Nino's stats aren't ever godly thanks to her constitution and lots of other characters having enormous level leads that never disappear. And since even the likes of Erk or Canas can very plausibly have at least Cs lategame and Bs close to the end then her staff rank, if she gets one, is nothing to write home about either. So much for her being worth using at all, let alone over the majority.

But, it is the Easter holidays, and doing something like this should keep me entertained for a few days at least. I like a good challenge now and again.

Maybe it's just me, but Con has never been a problem for me in this game, with ANY character. And I don't tend to use my sages for healing purposes at all, or if I do, a heal is all that is ever needed. I have Priscilla for any other staff needs that may arise, which is usually none anyways.

You can also use the quote option, Blutritter...

Nino joins late with these stats:

HP: 19.0 Mag: 7.0 Skl: 8.0 Spd: 11.0 Def: 4.0 Res: 7.0 Luc: 10.0 Con: 3

Nobody has worse stats than Nino. She can't deal much damage, won't double and can't survive. Why would you use her? Because she has 20/20 stats that are godly?

But you know what it is with Nino? On non-ranked runs, she is indeed very good if you want to abuse, something I do not like. But on ranked runs, she is one of the worst units you get.

For a level 5, those stats are actually pretty good. In a few levels she will easily be doubling enemies and doing enough damage to make it worthwhile. Besides, I already mentioned that 20/20 stats don't matter because it won't take that long for her to catch up. With a team of 11-12, you aren't likely to get more than a few there anyway. 5 levels and Nino is surviving, 10 and she's murdering.

About ranked and non-ranked runs, I don't know, I never bothered to try, though she probably wouldn't be a good idea if you couldn't do it right. I can, however, see how should could actually be a boon to a ranked run.

For a level 5, those stats are actually pretty good.

You know what the problem is? It doesn't matter that it is good for a level 5 character. As long as her stats are low, they're low. No matter what level she is at. That is the same as saying 6 Defense on a Mage is good because it is good for a Mage, for example.

You know what the problem is? It doesn't matter that it is good for a level 5 character. As long as her stats are low, they're low. No matter what level she is at. That is the same as saying 6 Defense on a Mage is good because it is good for a Mage, for example.

But considering she is a mage, she has decent stat growths all round. I give her Afa's drops, and so her stat growths are raised by 5% each, which is a good help, and can make a niticeable difference.

But considering she is a mage, she has decent stat growths all round. I give her Afa's drops, and so her stat growths are raised by 5% each, which is a good help, and can make a niticeable difference.

Agreed, but his point goes back to his original argument which is "too low to make a difference and not worth it."

I could also give somebody else the Afa's Drops. The fact that she can use them is not a positive for her, because everybody can use them.

I could also give somebody else the Afa's Drops. The fact that she can use them is not a positive for her, because everybody can use them.

But by the time you get the Afa's drops, most units are already promoted, and can only have the extra growth for as many levels as they take to reach lv20. In Nino's case, she is still a lv5 first class unit, and so is able to get 15 levels of growth with the aid of Afa's Drops as a Mage, and 19 levels as a Sage, which I think would make a considerable difference over someone who has been used for most of the game.

First you people tell me how godly she is without even mentioning the Afa's Drops, and now you guys give her the Afa's Drops. If she is already godly, what you guys seem to think, then why would you give her this valuable item?

I suppose you could sell it. But it all comes to the RNG when it comes to stat growths. Chances of each stat growing during a level up increase at 5% each, but if you get RNG screwed, you may just turn out the same as you would normally, or even worse. Giving anyone Afa's Drops isn't a surefire way of making anyone a better unit. Even without the drops, she is still a godly unit because she is decent enough without them. But, to give them to her improves chances of getting even better sooner than she normally would.

You know, then you could also give them to a blessed character so that he/she will have an improved chance of getting better than he/she normally would.

You know, then you could also give them to a blessed character so that he/she will have an improved chance of getting better than he/she normally would.

You could do that, but would you hold back on using Raven until you get the Afa's Drops to get the best out of them? I know I wouldn't anyway.

That is not what I said.

You say that Nino becomes even better than normal with the Afa's Drops. Then you say that a normal character would not become that much better. But then I say that a blessed character also becomes better than normal with the Afa's Drops.