Best skills to inherit

Paper Jam

In another topic, the consensus seemed to be that Galeforce is the best skill for mothers to pass on to their children, but I'd like to know what people think about which skills to pass down besides that.

On paper, Bowbreaker looks like an excellent skill for flying units to have (and, indeed, I have paired Bow Knight Virion up with Cherche so that Gerome can inherit this particular skill), but I'd like to hear others' views on which skills are best.

I pass Donnel's Underdog, because of the way Second Seals work. I'd also try to put Lancebreaker on any unit that can go Swordmaster and maybe Tomebreaker on flying units (Rexcalibur's no fun), because I have a strange sense of humor.

Aptitude is nice to pass down. Tomebreaker/Bowbreaker is good for flying units, too, though hardly necessary since if they can inherit it, they can learn it themselves. Armsthrift is also very nice although you don't really need to pass this one on either (just pass down Mercenary class). Counter is also not bad to pass on, but mostly because it's gender-exclusive. Same goes for Dual Support+. Pass and Acrobat are pretty good skills to pass down as well, but again, you don't really need to.

Edited by Agro

Favorites of mine:

Aptitude because +20% to all growths is awesome.

Sol because its pretty handy.

Galeforce because obvious reasons.

Aegis because halving damage is nice.

Rally Spectrum because uh huh!

The "faire" skills are pretty cool too.

Im fond of Vengeance.

Lifetaker and Renewal are kinda nice to have too.

I have a Brady who ended up with Galeforce and Aegis. *extreme face*

Edited by Virion

I make sure that any mother who can reclass to the peg knight tree that has a son passes down Galeforce, also working on the same opposite with Counter and father's with daughters.

Outside of those, Aptitude is my must pass down from Donny. Other than those, Renewal, Lifetaker and Vengeance (if the child is naturally in a melee class and won't inherently make a good magic user at all) are some of my favorites to pass down.

Or if I just want a handy skill right off the bat for the kids, I've passed Deliverer down to Yarne and watched him speed across a field when paired up almost instantly, that was handy. Other good skills would be Aegis, Sol and Luna definitely...

There's a lot of good skills but I mostly make my decisions based on 1. gender exclusive skills 2. whether I think the kid will be good in the class that has the skill I want for them to have (for example, I just powered Cordelia to a level 5 sorcerer to get vengeance so I won't have to waste time with severa in that class since Gaius is her father and I think she'd be just as bad in the class) and 3. in the case that option 1 or 2 isn't a big factor, whatever skill I think would be useful from the get go.