Smash Brethren?

gloomtail93

He's talking about the game Ike hails from originally, which was Path of Radiance. In that game, those were Ike's two best stats. He was strong, yes, but he was also seriously quick. Like, my Ike maxed speed. A lot.

Right, that's what I was saying.

Ike in Fire Emblem is fast, evasive and a fairly decent hitter. But in Brawl he's slow running speed, slow wind up and massive power. That's not to say he's bad... he ranks middle-ish tier and I've made top 3 with him in MLG but he's not at all like he is in the games. (Fun to play though)

My point was that Sakurai didn't take into account (or disregarded entirely) character fighting style when he made Ike for Brawl. I don't see why he'd suddenly care about canon when designing Chrom.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might have thought that having Ike be exactly like the games might have been overpowered. I mean, can you imagine how Ike would be if he was as mighty AND as fast as he was in the games? He'd be pretty broken, no doubt.

Edited by Dai

I could see that but Chrom dose not fight anything like Ike dose so they can't and I DEMAND THAT THEY PUT my little girl in. PS you spelled Anna wrong

This is true, yeah. Chrom's Aether isn't even the same as Ike's, so it wouldn't make sense for him to share the move with Ike in a Smash Bros. game. Chrom does appear to be based off of Ike in other ways, but his fighting style is rather different.

Chrom/Lucina tag team ala Ice Climbers. Makes sense to emphasize them fighting as pair due to the Pair Up mechanic.

Maybe for like a final smash-type deal, I couldn't see that working out throughout the whole match.

If we're only to have 2 FE reps, I vote we replace Ike and Marth with Lon'qu and Lucina, respectively.

Chrom/Lucina tag team ala Ice Climbers. Makes sense to emphasize them fighting as pair due to the Pair Up mechanic.

Maybe for like a final smash-type deal, I couldn't see that working out throughout the whole match.

If we're only to have 2 FE reps, I vote we replace Ike and Marth with Lon'qu and Lucina, respectively.

Edited by Professor Marth

How about we keep everyone and give Ike, Marth, Chrom, and Lucina distinct fighting styles? Assuming the roster increases with each game (as it has been), having more unique characters per franchise isn't a bad thing. I'm glaring at you, Star Fox-with-the-three-clones.

That's not to say he's bad... he ranks middle-ish tier and I've made top 3 with him in MLG but he's not at all like he is in the games. (Fun to play though)

you did not

and like I said earlier, Falchions only, gg Ike and welcome aboard the smash train Chrom and Lucina cool.gif

I made a moveset for Chrom that is basically what I hope he will be if he appears in Smash Bros (though I don't think he will). I basically advantage of the fact that he could actually switch classes and access five of Awakening's weapons to make a weaponmaster character (and give the other weapons of Fire Emblem some sorely needed representation). I kinda like it.

How about we keep everyone and give Ike, Marth, Chrom, and Lucina distinct fighting styles? Assuming the roster increases with each game (as it has been), having more unique characters per franchise isn't a bad thing. I'm glaring at you, Star Fox-with-the-three-clones.

Hopefully Awakening makes FE popular enough to get 4 characters in Smash4. And the obvious choices would be Marth, Ike, Chrom and Robin. However I think it would be better to have 4 different Lords from 4 different games. I would personally choose Marth (the original and most popular Lord), Chrom (the most recent and relevant, can be a direct swap with Ike) and then to mix it up a bit I would choose Hector and Ephraim because they use axe and lance respectively and I think having 4 sword users would be a bit dull for non FE fans playing the game. I would love to have a magic user too (Robin) but I think 5 characters would be pushing it.

Edited by Sw3Et

I will never understand why people will suggest Ephraim for smash

Marth is the most iconic, Chrom/other Awakening people are most recent, and Ike/Lyn/(possibly Hector) are easily the most notable remaining members

i don't see any room elsewhere, it's not like Fire Emblem is magically going to match Mario or something

I will never understand why people will suggest Ephraim for smash

Marth is the most iconic, Chrom/other Awakening people are most recent, and Ike/Lyn/(possibly Hector) are easily the most notable remaining members

i don't see any room elsewhere, it's not like Fire Emblem is magically going to match Mario or something

Ephraim would still be better than Roy, and people suggest him every other minute.

I'm feelin' Marth/Ike/Lucina.