Yanderes

PuffPuff

The true Sumia!

Has she always been a Yandere for Chrom?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/65358471

Seriously.

Aside from this nature....

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CuteClumsyGirl

Seriously.

Because she thinks that she's so undesirable that few people would want her. Could it be because if Chrom is married with Maribelle for instance, there is a glitch that shows Sumia peeking at Chrom in this video....

Does she actually hate herself? Because of something that she cannot help? If so, then we better study upon her more. She's Maria Traydor's mirror personality-wise. She has little men to choose from. It's because all the others that she cannot pair with is why that she feels that she is an obstacle in the field as they actually hate her. She is the type of person that feels alone and wants attention, but because she cannot get this as so she desires is why that she tries her best to steal Chrom from you.

----

About Tharja and Nowi

Tharja/Sariya and Nowi/Nono seem to be the most disliked. The first, due to her Yandere/Clingy Jealous Girl attitude and Stripperiffic wardrobe; the second, due to her being way too "Older Than They Look" and her own Stripperiffic clothes.

Yandere

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Yandere

It basically means that your crazy about someone else?

Okay the yanderes are....

MU/Olivia, Chrom/Sumia, Lissa/Vaike, Lon'qu/Cordelia, Gaius/Maribelle, Donnel/Nowi, Riveria/Sully, Panne/Stahl, Miriel/Ricken, Tharja/Henri, Cherche/Virion

Tharja is so yandere to Henry that....

So Yandere that she will marry Henri to protect MU. There is still further investigating of these characters. ESPECIALLY YOU, SUMIA.

Tharja and Avatar, No exceptions for me. Why do you try to escape what is DESTINED to be? At least I wouldn't try to escape, she isn't the "I'm going to murder my love interest" type of yandere she is the type that tries to kill off competition or threats to her love interest. And to be honest I have trouble putting Avatar with anybody but Tharja, I kinda feel really bad if I go with somebody else T_T. Although the only other character I probably would consider getting S support with is Tiki.

I am a bit sad that the American translations don't really differentiate enough between the two types. Like the confession scene in english is "I can't believe you made me love you, of course if you back out I'll murder you in your sleep." instead of the Japanese version which is. "I love you, if you ever betray these feelings I won't forgive you. It's already too late to run away from (choosing) me." Much less threatening and a bit more loving which is the type of Yandere she is. Plus it isn't like she is heartless since Nowi and Tharja support shows otherwise.

Also, Go look at Noire and Inigo support. I thought it was hilarious and slightly yandere.

I probably would consider getting S support with is Tiki.

I am a bit sad that the American translations don't really differentiate enough between the two types. Like the confession scene in english is "I can't believe you made me love you, of course if you back out I'll murder you in your sleep." instead of the Japanese version which is. "I love you, if you ever betray these feelings I won't forgive you. It's already too late to run away from (choosing) me." Much less threatening and a bit more loving which is the type of Yandere she is. Plus it isn't like she is heartless since Nowi and Tharja support shows otherwise.

Also, Go look at Noire and Inigo support. I thought it was hilarious and slightly yandere.

Well...Tharja is disliked more than most characters, because she is also forceful in her S-Supports. Yes, she exactly says that if you betray those feelings, prepare to suffer the consequences. As if we didn't know. =P

Of course Nintendo of America would never allow something like that in their dome.

Its too bad, not many of the people I talk to seem to like Tharja with Avatar. So I guess while I was happy about seeing popularity polls in Japan putting her at #3 she probably won't even rank in America ):

A yandere is a bit disturbing but as long as they are not the "I will murder Love interest with no provocation" then I'm totally ok with it lol :P. Besides, It isn't like you can't get along with her or that she is bad looking. Sure she has a bit of a dark feel to her, but that's because she is a dark mage/casts hexes/has a little bit of kuudere (lol Noire x Tharja support. "Don't expect me to ever say it again" -> Referencing that she said she loves Noire.)

i don't get it

what are these yan deer and sun deer things?!

Dude. Seriously, you don't know?

Yandere is pronounced "yahn-deh-rey". It's a person (usually female) who is obsessively in love with someone. They love their object of affection, and do things like stalk them, cling to them, so on. Usually, if someone else threatens to get in the way of her love, she'll either kill them or the one she loves. Tharja's English S Support confession like is a good example, because if My Unit dared to fall for another woman, she'd kill him to make sure he won't be with anyone but her, and there's her obsession and stalking of Avatar, to the point where she considers a lock of his hair to be more valuable than gold.

And tsundere is pronounced "soon-deh-rey". It's a person (again, usually female) who, to best describe it, are like cats. They're mean and distant and bossy and cruel one second, which is the "tsun-tsun" part. Often times, she'll a softer "dere-dere" side, where she's quiet, bashful, thankful, and overall dreamy over the hero. And she will switch between the two on a whim. Severa is a classic example of a tsundere, where she's harsh and impatient one second, then will show more vulnerable moments the next.

I don't understand why this thread exists.

EDIT: by the way cool analysis bro but isn't the tsu in tsundere pronounced, y'know, tsu, like the japanese character tsu, which is pronounced tsu and not su?

EDIT2: oh since tsundere was brought up there is only one true tsundere and that is me of course

Edited by Integrity

I'd say "tsu" is a pretty accurate pronunciation for tsu.

Also, is there a simple word in English that describes this Yan deer hay and Tsun deer hay?

You can make a connection to "fucking psychotic" and "moody as fuck", respectively.

EDIT: In both cases they're desirable (?) in animes and people you would probably literally hit IRL.

Edited by Integrity

I technically met a tsundere IRL.

She's a total jerk when she's not talking to the guy she likes. Not someone I want to be around.

I live with a tsundere. Meet my sister.

EDIT: She's not that bad. Very nice, actually. She gets on my nerves sometimes. But that's not unsurprising.

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

In any case, I'm modestly sure this topic really ought to be in FFtF. Shoop.

EDIT: I wasn't convinced until I saw how the conversation was trending, s'why it stayed a bit.

Edited by Integrity

I once unironically referred to a character as tsundere in an in-person conversation with an acquaintance, with whom I want/ed to be friends. It happens that the more I look back on that conversation, the more mortifying it becomes in retrospect.

and now whenever anybody says __dere I think of that moment and it's like

uY5hWQu.jpg