Have you actually tried using Fiona?

Florete

Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried?

• Yes
    • No

No matter what, Fiona is basically screwed when you look at it.

In part 1, she starts at level 9. That's lower than pretty much anything you have on your team. Even Meg.

1-6: The only chapter where she can actually perform nicely. Too bad she's not on your team yet >_>

1-7: Prison is not a nice place for horses... (-2 movement)

1-8: You can't even use her in this chapter.

1-9: Same as above.

1-E: Once again, hindered movement.

So then you'll have to result to BEXP abuse if you want to use her in part 3, which hinders her nice growth rates. But even in the beginning of part 3 she'll be useless...

3-6: Horses can't go into the water.

In conclusion, the best chance for raising her is to forge a high might, low weight lance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In conclusion, the best chance for raising her is to forge a high might, low weight lance.

Yeah, so? What makes her good makes her good. And no one should quit on a character because they arrive underleveled. Where would Nino be, huh?

I used Oscar my first game, Fiona my second. Fiona was a hell of a lot better.

Where would Nino be, huh?

In the pit of failure and suckage, where she belongs. :P

As for Fiona's lance, I just progressed slowly through that chapter, and gave her a Bronze, Iron and Steel lance (or maybe two of each, don't remember), so that she could always do damage, but make sure she doesn't double, and stuff. Basically, treat her like you would Nino, only she's more of a pain because she's physical.

y thank you, I figured you'd like that

to be honest, I really don't like Makalov. I've used him before and he SUCKED. I seriously had 3 forged weapons by the time he promoted: one for accuracy (Iron Sword, Str and Hit maxed), one to do damage (Steel Sword, Str and Hit maxed), and I had him use lances and forged him an accurate Lance (Iron Lance, Str and Hit maxed). Also all the weapons' weight were at its lowest, too. And he STILL either couldn't double attack, couldn't hit, or couldn't do hardly any damage or even a combination of the three. So whenever I'm on the chapter where u get him, I bring Marcia, get Makalov, have him visit the villages, and dump him in the base where he never sees the light of day again

And I have just moved up to NUMBER 1 on Makarov's "To Kill" List :D

Nah, Makalov is actually pretty decent. It's just his low caps that screw him up. But out of the paladins, I'd put him above Astrid and Fiona.

oh wait! *rereads post*

Your talking about FE9?? All the paladins are good in that game. FE9 loves them paladins.

• 5 months later...

OMGZ NECROPOST!!11!!

Anyways, I tried using her in 3-6 normal mode and she turned out to be crap. If this was easy mode, that would be another story (and even then she loses out, though not as much).

Easily the worst character in Part 1. At least Meg does better.

OMGZ NECROPOST!!11!!

Anyways, I tried using her in 3-6 normal mode and she turned out to be crap. If this was easy mode, that would be another story (and even then she loses out, though not as much).

Easily the worst character in Part 1. At least Meg does better.

Not really, Fiona has at least imbue and movement on her side. Meg has nothing, really. Fiona can become a tanky horse, but she really is much too underleveled to use. You really have to battle save abuse to make her useful, and really, battle save abuse can be used for anyone. She's definately not THE worst in part 1, but she still is quite bad. I did use her once, but it did take a ton of abuse to pull it off.

Not really, Fiona has at least imbue and movement on her side. Meg has nothing, really. Fiona can become a tanky horse, but she really is much too underleveled to use. You really have to battle save abuse to make her useful, and really, battle save abuse can be used for anyone. She's definately not THE worst in part 1, but she still is quite bad. I did use her once, but it did take a ton of abuse to pull it off.

What's good about Imbue if she gets dies in two or three hits, can hardly damage and dodge anything, and in the case of 3-6, is stuck? Meg can hold her own longer than Fiona (and she has Fortune, to prevent any possible crit hax). I was using both and they were unpromoted when I got to 3-6 (damn it lack of BEXP).

When Fiona kept on dying when I tried 3-6, I just had to bench her (and leaving myself with only 5 characters I want to use).

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

All the babying you have to put her through is not worth getting a decent Silver Knight, IMO. She's just very unlucky that her starting chapters screw her over so much. But I'll use here for my Paladin only playthrough (new playthrough idea).

I always thought she was terrible until I tried using her last playthrough. At first, she really didn't disprove my opinion-one attack from a weak myrmidon on the first turn of her first usable chapter and she died. <_< I'm glad that I stuck with her though. On that same level she class changed (Bad habit of boss abusing) and as a promoted unit with a support with Nolan-45 avoidance :D -she was insane. I agree that she is difficult to raise without abuse, but she is usually worth it.