General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saying to you guys, read all pages in this thread, and my god the art is really amazing at parts, as well as the comics. I don't think I've faved this many images in so long, and it's given me quite a few good stuff for the trio manaketes from Awakening, as well as some really great laughs~

Looking forward to seeing more of them, and keep up the great image posting. ^^

In fact, I think I'll post what I've found for my favorite characters! Sorry if any of these are repeats~ And hopefully I didn't screw up the linking. ^^;

LOTS OF IMAGES AHEAD!

Tiki:

kdsyjMp.jpg

n5vcZ7m.jpg

HyHhKXJ.jpg

e0IVbN0.jpg

9EFeCpq.jpg

Ev4wHrs.jpg

JtAEvUi.jpg

u9x73mv.png

BSD9JkA.jpg

F4xkpPG.jpg

(Lucky guy >_<)

Nowi:

UZSaDkZ.png

WLez4pV.jpg

HQtzwhI.jpg

Dtsmecd.png

jmCWGJA.png

E2ILYTh.jpg

UZ33Msl.jpg

2OLG2qS.jpg

5dq0sUe.png

Nah (Surprisingly not very much for Nah from what I found):

kBvUE8K.jpg

616cWxZ.jpg

dES1dp9.jpg

Manaketes:

GnXEmLZ.jpg

a3e5cne.jpg

MzUrh7L.jpg

XhYPw8g.jpg

kwxq5MJ.jpg

klSBzZA.png

e5p1MS8.jpg

KULV3gg.jpg

7Qi8aI0.jpg

kPBIDEV.jpg

(Guess what my wallpaper is :3 )

Boqh7Cy.jpg

(Another lucky guy ;__; )

The rest that I could post are from you guys really. No comics though as I don't know any good comics/doujins involving any of those 3. Maybe someone can hook a bro up? :3

A lot of art for Nowi now that I think about it...huh. Needs more TIki and Nah love! :<

Hopefully I'm not forgetting anything? ^^;;

Edited by Xenomic

-snip-

Getting 403s for the vast majority of those.

Basically all the Pixiv ones.

Edited by Euklyd

Bah! I thought I had them set up right...I can even see them on my end right now. What am I doing wrong? I keep forgetting how to link images from Pixiv. I go into the image (by clicking on image) and then right-click and View Image, then Copy Image Location. What else could I have been forgetting? x_x;

EDIT - Alright, uploaded all of the images to imgur and replaced links. They SHOULD all be working now.

Edited by Xenomic

It's Arthur.

My bet was on an Ishtar that didn't bother to do her hair or dress up that morning making more sense, though it does look more like Arthur

E: Aaaand now I'm imagining Azel!Arthur being the chapter 10 sacrifice, and it makes a little too much sense

Edited by Rehab

So, in lieu of my love for the manaketes, I decided to actually try my own art for once~ First time in 10 years, first time ever using mouse, 2 1/2 hours to do, no coloring, reference image used:

nowi_line_art_by_xenomic-d6wjduy.png

I'm aware there's proportion issues in this. Mostly with head vs. arms/legs. Originally was just going to be a headshot, but I just kept going. Probably should've made the canvas bigger if I knew this was going to happen. ^^;;

Thread moving so slowly it seems. Guess I'll post more art for the three manaketes that I found~

Tiki:

QfUfW24.jpg

VI80olh.jpg

Nowi:

Fneej8Y.jpg

fJdbYzJ.jpg

6Mug4RZ.jpg

3aalfVo.jpg

wBAn4dn.jpg

80pFmz8.jpg

qKLwgf4.jpg

pQCjgNV.png

uZIVvg9.jpg

IqRvBkC.jpg

fUuGkPw.jpg

s4mZOzC.jpg

TEOe7nU.jpg

LAiEL3n.jpg

EWxhIqP.jpg

Nah:

8SoS83C.pngrfQMavm.jpg

tSkksSw.png

A57gl0u.png

kkMFR0I.png

NE93KaG.jpg

uI1q3TZ.png

dq1egxX.png

Manaketes:

ooW2aUs.jpg

T183EBH.png

PGhaN8X.png

Would really love to know what that one Nowi image (of her alone and with Gaius, image #7) says...

Also really curious, anyone here an artist? I need more tips and feedback (aside from more practice, as I know that's a big one and I've been doing it constantly lol...), since I really would like to draw these 3 myself (with custom poses and such), and then eventually 2 or more together. ^^;

(Also, manakete ears. How do they work!?)

Edited by Xenomic

I tried to look past that for the most part (I know there was one image earlier that I posted that was fanservicy, and I honestly didn't even notice it until I looked at the post later on) for the good art. Granted, I do avoid anything that's far too fanservicy with her since I like her as much as I do...^^;;

I'm generally a lot pickier myself, but...for the most part, most of what I've found for these 3 are pretty good art for me. Not always, but most of it. That, and they're good reference materials on studying various art related things~

@Anacybele: Say, would one of those sigs of your happen to be a Tiki I see? If I could, mind if I get the original art of that? Could be useful for my studies of that particular pose later when I get to it for art~ :3

Edited by Xenomic

@Anacybele: Say, would one of those sigs of your happen to be a Tiki I see? If I could, mind if I get the original art of that? Could be useful for my studies of that particular pose later when I get to it for art~ :3

Uh, no. Not even close. I don't even like manaketes, especially Tiki because of her ridiculous Awakening design. :/

I have no idea what made you think I had a picture of Tiki in my sig. o_O

Edited by Anacybele

...Why? None of the characters in my sig look like her at all. How is anyone making this mistake? I've also voiced my dislike of manaketes and Tiki's Awakening design several times. I even listed the NAME of each character in my sig.

I apologize, but this really made me facepalm. No offense, really.

Edited by Anacybele

...Why? None of the characters in my sig look like her at all. How is anyone making this mistake? I've also voiced my dislike of manaketes and Tiki's Awakening design several times. I even listed the NAME of each character in my sig.

I apologize, but this really made me facepalm. No offense, really.

I think he thought Elincia was Tiki, and I can see why.

I think he thought Elincia was Tiki, and I can see why.

I don't. Those two don't look anything alike, imo. They have a similar hair color, that's it. Also, why would Tiki be kissing Ike? Or be drawn with round ears? :/

Edited by Anacybele