General Fire Emblem fanart: what is hotlink???

Thunderfox

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, this is gold. XD

What I never understood though, is that why the joke is always chicken. Ike's favorite meats are ribs and steaks! And they're not that hard to draw... lol

Edited by Anacybele

poultry_by_amazingartistyellow-d6r698w.j

What I never understood though, is that why the joke is always chicken. Ike's favorite meats are ribs and steaks! And they're not that hard to draw... lol

Hilarious. As for the joke, have you played Zeldas after IIRC, A Link To The Past?

Ignore that. But serious question, what don't you get about it?

Edited by bottlegnomes

Every game that has cuckoos, they aren't chickens. Phantom hourglass, spirit tracks, a link between world, ocarina of time, they all have that. However, it should be noted that the joke would've made just as much sense if pigs were used, since those are the animals that get mad at you in wind waker. Difference however is, they do not summon a horde of angry pigs when angered, they chase you on their own. Cuckoos summon a huge flock.

8908061_m_zpsc76822e9.jpg

SQUEEE! My two favorite lords in ONE picture!! :D

Ignore that. But serious question, what don't you get about it?

I already said why. Ike's preferred meats are ribs and steaks, which are beef, so why the common food joke with him is him eating or going after chicken, I don't get.

Every game that has cuckoos, they aren't chickens. Phantom hourglass, spirit tracks, a link between world, ocarina of time, they all have that. However, it should be noted that the joke would've made just as much sense if pigs were used, since those are the animals that get mad at you in wind waker. Difference however is, they do not summon a horde of angry pigs when angered, they chase you on their own. Cuckoos summon a huge flock.

Um, I wasn't talking about why the cuccos were used (the term isn't "cuckoo" btw), I'm very well aware that they appear in multiple Zelda games. :/

I said that in every piece of art I've seen that jokes about Ike eating, it has him eating or trying to eat some form of chicken, rather than beef.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I guess. lol

I personally always use steaks, ribs, or both in my Ike food jokes. I even drew Ike eating leftover meat once. XD

Edited by Anacybele

^But then the joke wouldn't make much sense in the Zelda side of it.

It's easier to assume Ike likes to eat chicken than to change the established Zelda running joke (Link chased by, say, cows, wouldn't make much sense or be nearly as funny).

Then Why ask with a Zelda themed image above it.

"What I never understood though, is that why the joke is always chicken."

Pretty much implied that you wanted to know why chickens were used in that comic, I answered the question, no need to snap at me because of that. I gave an explanation because you asked a question, that's all.