Pre-release changes

I just added a page about pre-release changes recently.

Are there any other changes you've noticed between the pre-released game and the released version?

I kind of brought this up in the main questions topic, but I'm unsure if this big black lance made it into the game. I think most of us agreed it was probably the Javelin's beta design or something, since both "Sumia" and the soldier seem to have one.

Actually... I totally forgot about the changes outside of the trailers. I can already think of a couple now, mostly from the Knights of Iris book.

Like Cordelia having blue hair.

The enemy Priest in the trailer is from a skirmish. I'm not sure if people have grinded enough to absolutely know they don't exist ^^

Oh yeah, I should mention that generic Priests do exist, but only in SpotPass, which makes them Outrealm Priests and not Risen Priests.

Edited by VincentASM

My only quarrel is I don't get how you're seeing Lissa's sprite being pink. :P It looks yellow-orange to me.

Oooh, I saw that earlier today.

Anyways, I really wish they'd kept the full cut-ins. XD

Again, if you need screenshots in Japanese or English from the final product to compare to any other pre-release difference you come across, just holler.

Wait, that Risen Priest looks like the random guy who betrays the team in chapter 7? Is that the same portrait just given the Risen treatment?

Ahaha, I'm terrible at identifying colours.

I can't tell between purple and brown and sometimes pink and orange >___<

Its the same color that Lissa that she wears.

Also, I think the only Full Shown Cut In Of portraits that were shown before the final and the previous changes were Lon'qu and Frederick only.

And I think the there was a difference about the room that showed Sumia was the Shepherds' garrison and the room that showed Emmeryn was the throne room in the first trailer. And I think Lissa's action looked different when she was shocked from the earthquake happened from Chapter 1. And Vaike still has his battle model the same (the only different was the map sprite).

Edited by Dread Fighter Alm

Wait, that Risen Priest looks like the random guy who betrays the team in chapter 7? Is that the same portrait just given the Risen treatment?

Just blitzed through chapter 5 and 6. Hierarch has pretty much the same portrait, but with a tiny pair of glasses resting on his nose.

Just blitzed through chapter 5 and 6. Hierarch has pretty much the same portrait, but with a tiny pair of glasses resting on his nose.

Eirika's Spotpass team has a Priest who has that portrait without glasses.

Knights of Iris doesn't have a priest portrait at all (Just checked), just the Hierach, so sort of interesting.

I, personally, think Kjelle was a myrmidon sometime in development.

This is Kjelle's concept art from KoI

http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/c/ce/Degel1.jpg

Note the far left one (Yep, that's still her), it looks quite similar to a Myrm/SM getup.

For comparison, the female myrmidon concept

http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/6/69/Myrmidon_female.jpg

Also, I think I forgotten to mentioned about Sumia and Miriel did have generic map sprites in the image of Chapter 4 from the trailer and the only generic models that were found was Cavalier (Stahl's and/or Sully's) and Archer (Virion's) and Gangrel did have a concept art that was resembles to the Generic Trickter portrait and I believe that the concept art of Virion did have a different hairstyle that resembles George Washington.

Edited by King Marth 64

Maybe, Say'ri's got some decent concept art of her own, she takes up about half a page (Unlike say, Inigo, who has just two headshots on the next page)

http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/4/49/Say%27ri.jpg

I wonder what she would have been like as a myrmidon...Certainly not armour obsessed. And if she was a myrmidon, would Owain still be one? WHAT WOULD BECOME OF HIS SWORD HAND?!

/randomsugarderp

Maybe, Say'ri's got some decent concept art of her own, she takes up about half a page (Unlike say, Inigo, who has just two headshots on the next page)

http://images.wikia....49/Say%27ri.jpg

I wonder what she would have been like as a myrmidon...Certainly not armour obsessed. And if she was a myrmidon, would Owain still be one? WHAT WOULD BECOME OF HIS SWORD HAND?!

/randomsugarderp

03 is Tharja D8 THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON! JUST ONE IS SANE AND THE OTHER IS NOT!!!!

*smacked*

03 is Tharja D8 THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON! JUST ONE IS SANE AND THE OTHER IS NOT!!!!

*smacked*

have you ever seen Tharja, Kjelle and Say'ri in the same room? nope?

didn't think so =O

Hmph. I'm not convinced that Risen Priests don't exist. We just need to look harder! He's simply an elusive creature like Bigfoot / Yeti / Sasquatch / Skunk-Ape. C'mon everyone, grab your Reeky Boxes and run out into the woods!

• 2 weeks later...

And also, I did found a couple more in this trailer from September 13th, 2011 that were different was:

The Outrealm Gate doesn't appear in the map (but its shown Chapter 5 is available on the red which the Outrealm Gate was unlocked after completing Chapter 4) and the map icons from the locations look different also.

Edited by King Marth 64