Generals can use bows?

Knife

Have you ever seen a General's movement? Generals move like slugs.

Generals have only one less movement than Snipers. And on that note, Archers have the same movement range as Armor Knights. =/

Have you ever seen a General's movement? Generals move like slugs.

But they take damage like a fly attacking titanium. Well, it seems the choice of right off the bat knight/general doesn't seem to like defense growth. The only one close to acting like good 'ol Oswin is Tomth, but he appears a bit late.

Edited by Kintenbo

Generals have only one less movement than Snipers. And on that note, Archers have the same movement range as Armor Knights. =/

Mn, I hadn't noticed. Although it sure has stopped my Knight from getting a lot of kills.

I think the only way to train a knight is in the arena they are too slow and just weaken the enemy since they can't double

Actually, usually there's folks with a silver weapon when you use a knight in there. In Fire Emblem 7, Oswin was perfectly trainable, and is also considered one of the best units in the game, though probably not the best. (best durability, great affinity, great support list, ect.) In Fire Emblem 10, Gatrie is pretty much one of your best as well. Folks like Meg and Wendy have issues, though. Does anybody think Daros would make a good knight, even though he'd have a 0% growth rate in speed?

:o Wendy waas the best general in FE 6 and wallace was too good anyway(started at level 9 just like nolan I thought they would suck but they didn't.

Daros with 0% speed= don't do that

Then again speed is the most important stat to me besisdes strenghth (offense is the best defence)

Edited by FEFL

:o Wendy waas the best general in FE 6 and wallace was too good anyway(started at level 9 just like nolan I thought they would suck but they didn't.

Daros with 0% speed= don't do that

Then again speed is the most important stat to me besisdes strenghth (offense is the best defence)

Please tell me the two bolded statements were a joke. Wendy was horrible, she started severely underleveled and didn't even have the growths to make up for it. Bors was at least usable and Barth had nice defense. Wallace joins you at level 12, and in Lyn normal mode, you are forced to promote him. (unless you do that break the forced movement glitch) I think you're thinking of Oswin, he's the guy that joins you at level 9, and is too good.

Edited by Kintenbo

You're right I was thinking of Oswin but you could always arena abuse wendy it doesn't take long to do one person

In a proper debate, arena abusing would be simply laughed at. It ruins your tactic ranks and anybody can use it. Still, we're starting to get off topic.

I do hope that I can find somebody who can make an excellent Knight/General, since Doga seems to have issues.

It's about as boring as any other class getting a new weapon :/

I'd have to disagree. I believe that I came when I found out that my Dragon Knights could use Axes upon promotion in PoR.

Yeah Celice tends to know lots of stuff. Seriously he should be a Moderator.
The purpose of a moderator is to moderate the forum. Not know lots of stuff.

I was about to make a topic about this myself. I had typed out a huge rant about how stupid it is for generals to have bows as there 2nd weapon, but I got bored after the 3rd paragraph.

Giving Generals bows only makes their defensive capabilities even better, as now they can carry strong bows to use rather than weaker Hand Lances and the like :/ This also boosts their saleability, as they can rip apart flying units-Hannable's best feature, in my opinion, is that he came in a chapter when every enemy was a Dragon Knight virtually--bow (and an effective sword) are great additions in chapters like that. Towards the end of this game, Dragon Knights and other flyers become a lot more frequent, thus raising their acceptance. The only bad thing, unless, like every other game, you use similar characters, they're going to lag behind everyone else in the movement :/

I mean in the animation

Anything cool in the animation? They just string it with a hand and fire it--it's taller than the Generals themselves, and the arrows are rather wide too. SaS might have an animation ripped soon enough :/

EDIT: Gah. Lost the little paragraph and modship. Basically, there's no reason for me to be one. The forum works as it works, and a lot of the members seem to think me an ass, due to how they interpret the little bytes and pixels which represent the lifeless symbols we call words. The only way to remedy this is to water down every sentence with an emoticon... and even then, people still read things as they want to read them >.<

Edited by Celice