No Re-class Tier List

TC gets to maintain this, with one condition:

Donnel gets his own Kettlehead tier, that's below everyone else. This is why we don't do drugs~!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tharja gets desireable growths in Mag/Spe/Def. She was very easy to use in my semi-blind first playthrough. Access to Dark Tomes, which are arguably the best magic in the game definitely puts her up a few places. She's definitely not High tier because of only acceptable base stats, but doubling dark mage accounts for something. Anathema/Hex is also useful support and helps make up for her accuracy issues otherwise.

I have problems with Stahl refusing to grow speed or res. Sully's much more balanced and is typically a lot more reliable on the speed front while maintaining a respectable strength and defence stat. PEMN but I find the differences between the cavs pretty negligible.

yeah but the dude grows speed and defense and HP like nothing else... He is impenetrable by physical units for a good amount of time, and you can pair up him with someone for his speed woes (in the sense that he won't be doubled, not that anything that doubles him really matters in terms of damage output anyway.). He is a fantastic great knight and I can't think of a single unit whose stats are more suited to a GK.

yeah but the dude grows speed and defense and HP like nothing else... He is impenetrable by physical units for a good amount of time, and you can pair up him with someone for his speed woes (in the sense that he won't be doubled, not that anything that doubles him really matters in terms of damage output anyway.). He is a fantastic great knight and I can't think of a single unit whose stats are more suited to a GK.

Unless he has high rated supports with units like Lon'qu (who should be entering battle full time anyway), or Panne, he's likely doubling approximately nobody ever (especially LATEGAME).

I find GK!stahl less desirable as game progresses because supports only give so much, and while he can keep up as a GK, the massive defense isn't too meaningful when the enemies skip over him and target your more squishy units anyway.

nooomyhubbyyy

I feel you, man. ;____;

Doesn't Gregor have weirdly low SPD for a merc? If he does then that should be mentioned.

Gregor's mine, git your grubby hands offa him! ohmy.gif

But yes, his Spd is kind of meh, but he's still decent since he has awesome HP/Str/Skl/Def, so he's pretty good on physicals. Too bad Sol only heals half damage...

Also, fixed formatting.

honestly the idea of a tier list for anything other than an efficiency PT in this game is just laughable

a postgame tier list would devolve into this:

Has Galeforce Tier

LOL GG Tier

.....yeah that's boring

on topic, Tharja seems to have pretty good magic/speed/defense (she didn't get a single point of luck until hitting lvl 6 Sorceror though LMAO)

a postgame tier list would devolve into this:

Has Galeforce Tier

LOL GG Tier

Depends if you're making a team for others to fight, or fighting other teams.

because Galeforce is pretty meh if you're trying to make a dickish team to fight.

Why is Say'ri so low? I would think that at the very least better skills and combat would offset Panne's availability edge and supports. WIth everyone class locked, Say'ri barely has any competition for Amatsu, especially if Lon'qu goes Assassin so that helps her 1 range lock. Granted it only lasts 30 uses, but it's better than nothing. Her pair up bonuses are pretty good as well. Depending on how fast we're going, having a decent combat unit that requires 0 investment could be quite useful.

Depends if you're making a team for others to fight, or fighting other teams.

because Galeforce is pretty meh if you're trying to make a dickish team to fight.

might as well define "postgame" as "The Strongest One's Name" lol

to the guy above me, swordlock+meh combat+meh availability (your higher tier units will be far superior at combat)=not that good

(great for postgame though, yay for OP galeforce)

also Haar had enough speed to double in a game where enemy stat variation was seriously.....minimal (lol BEXP)

Why is Say'ri so low? I would think that at the very least better skills and combat would offset Panne's availability edge and supports. WIth everyone class locked, Say'ri barely has any competition for Amatsu, especially if Lon'qu goes Assassin so that helps her 1 range lock. Granted it only lasts 30 uses, but it's better than nothing. Her pair up bonuses are pretty good as well. Depending on how fast we're going, having a decent combat unit that requires 0 investment could be quite useful.

I was actually thinking about this too, since Panne is pretty terrible without reclassing.

Also, Haar is the exception that proves the rule. Plus BEXP and speedwings.

Also, I'd argue Ricken>Henry. His growths are only a tiny bit worse and he's a slightly worse class, but he's got a big availability lead.

Edited by Hawkeye

IMO Kellam should be High Tier. He is VERY helpful in the first chapters and he is decent/good to use in the endgame. He has good str, decent speed and great def, which is very rare in the beginning. He is also great for pair up, giving a huge boost to str and def that becomes better when you level up your support, saving your ass many times. He also has access to Pavise, one of the best abilities in the game! His only flaws are terrible mobility and res. So basically, you can put him against anything except mages and barbarians.

Edited by Ardirok

IMO Kellam should be High Tier. He is VERY helpful in the first chapters he is decent/good to use in the endgame. He has good str, decent speed and great def, which is very rare in the beginning. He is also great for pair up, giving a huge boost to str and def that becomes better when you level up your support, saving your ass many times. He also has access to Pavise, one of the best abilities in the game! His only flaws is terrible mobility and res. So basically, you can put him against anything except mages and barbarians.

Everyone in high tier is more useful than him and has equal or better availability. His speed is not very good, which really limits his offense, as does his low movement.

I just realized this: no reclassing hurts Avatar pretty badly relative to the rest cause he/she can't reclass after hitting the level cap (which will come into play much faster compared to other characters)

still the best though cool.gif

wait what, no reclassing means his/her stats are fixed after a certain point, allowing others to catch up (as opposed to reclassing to Dark Flier for Galeforce or Sorceror, which would widen the gap further)

Edited by shadykid

How does that hurt? He/she'll just have the high stats for longer. It's not like everyone else gets to reclass or anything either so they're all stuck at 20 in the end.

Unless second seal for level resetting only is allowed. What is this tier list's stance on that?

Everyone in high tier is more useful than him and has equal or better availability. His speed is not very good, which really limits his offense, as does his low movement.

Only Sully and Stahl have better availability. He is not the character that will kill anything with one hit, but he is the character that will protect almost all your weak units, especially in lunatic. Maybe he is not better than Stahl, but he is way better than Virion that share the same tier.

Oh, Great Knight also fixes his movement.

Edited by Ardirok

Only Sully and Stahl have better availability. He is not the character that will kill anything with one hit, but he is the character that will protect almost all your weak units, especially in lunatic. Maybe he is not better than Stahl, but he is way better than Virion that share the same tier.

Oh, Great Knight also fixes his movement.

Neither Sully nor Stahl are in high tier either, so I'm not sure what your point is there. The tier list is based on hard difficulty, where your units don't need that much protection. Virion has better growths and promotes into a better class so he doesn't deal with bow-lock for long. Great knight improves his movement, but at that point we've got Paladins and Dark Fliers and the like, who are still leaving him behind. That also eliminates Pavise.

No second seal for re-levelling I believe, TC will correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Hawkeye

I'm using the tier list in the first post of this topic, and Sully and Stahl are High tiers.

I get your point, but the earlier chapters in hard mode are...hard and Kellam provides good support for all units. He is also easy to raise.

But it's just my opinion.

Edited by Ardirok

Sorry, that was my mistake. We were originally talking about high tier and my comment on availability and such was for top tier.

Edited by Hawkeye