Best class statisticaly

Well, there is no "best class", more like favorite classes and good classes.

Heroes are always awesome.

Sages too.

I suppose paladins as well

*goes to think of more classes*

Generals have the highest stat caps overall, if I'm not mistaken. But as we all know, that doesn't automatically make them the best.

FE7: Athos

FE8: Myrrh

FE9: Ike

FE10: Caineghis

It is FE tradition to throw the best class at you near the end of the game. PoR is special because Ike gets a huge boost because of his Aether.

I definitely think it's a preference things, and if general do statistically have the best stats - well, then I suppose the question is moot because I HATE knights/generals. You find classes that suit your taste.

My friend Anth is willing to march his knights out to soak damage and then pull up everyone behind them. I'm impatient so I charge my cavaliers out front and let my infantry work as clean up crew.

If I had to pick a *best* class though, I'd probably say hero is all around good. They have pretty good stats just about everywhere. But that's just my opinion.

My friend Anth is willing to march his knights out to soak damage and then pull up everyone behind them. I'm impatient so I charge my cavaliers out front and let my infantry work as clean up crew.

That's what I do. I like generals (Amelia) but there animation is too boring and slow.

Well, I suppose paladins are technically the best class because they're the most balanced.

There can't really be a best class. Each class has it's own pros and cons. For example, swordmasters are fast and have high skill, but have low defence. Or generals have high low speed and movement, but have high defence and strength. That's what makes the FE classes have so much variety.

You shouldn't use use one class, you should use as many as you can. This is because each and every class plays a different, yet vital, role in any FE team.

You mean Swordmasters have speed skill and health but suck in everything else because they liked to get killed in one hit? :P
Well, they do have... OK yeah, pretty much. But you have to admit that swishy thing they do is cool. They also usually have hair that covers one eye, which enhances coolness (pro) at the cost of less visability (con). Edited by Sir Canas

Emo hair is never cool.

Anyway: There is no one CLASS that is statistically superior. There might be individuals that are that way, and you should be able to find that out browsing the front page of the site for whichever game you're wanting to play in.

I personally find which guy has the best defense and use them. Lots. Taking no damage > dodging a lot. Statistically, even if you're slow but have super defense, you're more likely to keep that unit alive.

Also, I dislike... pretty much all the animations at this point. Yeah sure they can be cool, but I'd rather the game move along quicker.

Emo hair is never cool.

I personally find which guy has the best defense and use them. Lots. Taking no damage > dodging a lot. Statistically, even if you're slow but have super defense, you're more likely to keep that unit alive. I suppose that depends on your play style

Also, I dislike... pretty much all the animations at this point. Yeah sure they can be cool, but I'd rather the game move along quicker.

Swordmasters aren't getting much praise in this thread are they? Their hair isn't cool, they can't see very well, they die in one hit, they haven't got good defence, they have good dodging ability but that doesn't matter since taking no damage > dodging a lot and their coolish animations are irrevelevent. And there's me thinking people on this forum liked swordmasters.

On topic reply in bold in the quote.

Quit hating on SM's. If you hadn't noticed, most won't die in just one hit. Normally it'll take at least 3-4 hits to kill them, 2 at the least. But they dodge enough that that isn't likely to happen. And since they can dodge, they're a hell of a lot better than defensive units for fighting enemy magic users that will murder your armors.

Quit hating on SM's. If you hadn't noticed, most won't die in just one hit. Normally it'll take at least 3-4 hits to kill them, 2 at the least. But they dodge enough that that isn't likely to happen. And since they can dodge, they're a hell of a lot better than defensive units for fighting enemy magic users that will murder your armors.

Yes cause armors are slow, I've seen Erk take out Generals before as a Mage

Depending on the game, some would say Paladin, but if you're talking pure stats, Radiant Dawn Male Dragon Lords.

Seriously, They have really high Strength and Skill, the highest Beorc defense in the game, and Haar is one of them. The only downside is the Speed, which who really cares? When you have more defense than a Marshall, I doubt getting hit is a concern of yours, unless if it's magic. There's also resistance problems, but that's only an issue on the last two parts of the Final Chapter. Also, like Paladins, they have the movement utility.

Well, they do have... OK yeah, pretty much. But you have to admit that swishy thing they do is cool. They also usually have hair that covers one eye, which enhances coolness (pro) at the cost of less visability (con).

I admit that they have the coolest arts and personalities in all the games I've played but they would always die in one hit if they didn't have health in the forties to fifties by levels 1 to twenty

Also they have the coolest critical besides Lyn when holdin' the Sol Katti (had to say it) Athos' sucks

Edited by FEFL

Yes cause armors are slow, I've seen Erk take out Generals before as a Mage

Erk isn't an enemy unit.

Show me an enemy mage that's actually powerful enough to one-shot my Oswin or Gilliam or Gatrie with their ridiculous HP, and I'll show you why your strategy failed to even let them get attacked by that said mage. Most enemy mages tend to be just as slow as armor knights/generals, by the way, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting doubled unless you're going against a boss.

Like I said, dodging is important but it's not THE ONLY THING YOU NEED because even with impeccable strategies, the fact that there's still a CHANCE (albeit small) to die if you have to frontline your swordmaster to protect some mage on your team or something means it's not the ONLY thing you need.

Fire Emblem fanbois confuse me. On one hand, Knoll is terrible because the only saving grace he's got is that he can be a summoner which is a pretty good class, but Rennac is fine because he happens to be a pretty handy class. I fail to see the logic. Especially because Knoll can be extremely damaging but you're lucky to get a Rennac with over 15 strength without using stat-uppers.