What do you think the chances of Priam actually having his own independent game really are?

Esaka

78 members have voted

1. 1. Is Priam being the FE14 lord really plausible?

• Very likely, why else would he exist?
    • Unlikely, he's just fanservice
    • Unsure, not much to go off of

I'm just curious what other people's opinion is on the subject, because I feel extremely biased on the subject due to how much I love Priam's design. So because of that it feels important that I hear what others say on the subject.

Edited by Esaka

I look at it as nearly zero.

He's fanservice. He's a throwback to the Ike for the fans. He's a reference. That's all I took him as.

His paralogue is hard. The hardest non-DLC chapter I've ever played. And his line's aren't really THAT memorable. His appearance reminding me of Ike was moreso.

The way I see it, Priam is a bridge connecting the Tellius games with the Archanea games. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back in a major role, but it's unlikely at this stage.

Well, what kind of story can he have? He unlike Ike he seem just be a very strong mercenary with a title.

I mean a story of just getting stronger isn't exactly a fire emblem story, and that seems to be his only desire.

I don't feel like they'd throw him in for no reason as a SpotPass when they could've made him a paid DLC if he was just a bonus. He'll definitely get more exposure being a free SpotPass character than as a DLC, which would help if he stars/appears in another game as people would recognize him as "Oh, that guy that was in 13!" that they could capitalize on.

For me fanservice was the Harvest of Bonds package.

Don't think it's impossible for him to get his own game, but if he is Ike's descendant ( not even a son ), and after Ike and Cia managed to defeat a goddess and bring peace and harmony between humans and laguz, what history could he possibly tell ?

Well, ok, there are plenty of FEs with ''in the past we defeated the great evil X and now he is coming back''.

Don't think it's impossible for him to get his own game, but if he is Ike's descendant ( not even a son ), and after Ike and Cia managed to defeat a goddess and bring peace and harmony between humans and laguz, what history could he possibly tell ?

Peace never lasts forever.

If you recruit Lehran, he mentions a growing war 1200 years after Ike's time.

Plus Priam is the descendant of a dimension-crossing hero, which probably means they both left Tellius behind.

I think Priam could support his own game. It'd just need to be something more self contained, like forming his mercenary group and defeating an organization like Black Fang, rather than an entire country.

However, I don't think they'll do that. His game would need to be a direct prequel to Awakening, but never feature Priam meeting any of Awakening's cast and that'd be a rather odd position, especially when you consider that the Tellius games didn't do well in Japan while Awakening sold the most since FE3. I mean, even including Chrom and co as extra DLC characters would result in a rather weird situation. And then there's the issue of how they'd basically need to ignore Priam's appearance in Awakening itself if they went on to give him the possibility to be paired up in the new game.

I still think a prequel about the first battle against Grimma is the most likely Awakening follow up. They'd have almost complete freedom to do anything they want, after all. Even throwing in Chrom, Lucina and co as DLC/Bonus characters could be done rather easily.

Edited by NeonZ

I voted unlikely, but I really meant "I really really really hope not".

Yeah, but I do think he's just fanservice.

But he's not interesting in the least. Would have preferred just about any Awakening character (or a new unit who was at least interesting with their own class... I still want that sword-user with a Dragonstone...!) over him. So I really hope not. And I really think he won't.

Personally creating a a brand new character, unless he was say a direct son/nephew of Ike, doesn't fit my definition of fan service. Plus we can totally tell if he's capable of carrying a game based on one misson and a couple of support convos