Little Graphical Nitpicks

+1 "omg I just almost died" I think, I remember seeing that expression in a couple other anime/mange/media entirely, IIRC yeah it was used as "mind-control" probably most often, but at least a few times I seem to remember it either being used when the character was basically standing yet unconscious, or so surprised/shocked/freaked out that they didn't even, though they'd usually be speechless in those occasions.

Or every so often it was a Higurashi deal.

Wouldn't call it perfect, but I guess I prefer it to the original a bit myself, though something about it seems a mite unpolished.

Just thought I'd say that Lissa has the "soulless" look at one point in her S support with Donnel. Very strange...

Since I'm here, I have a graphical complaint: What is up with female sorcerers' sleeves?? Okay, so, they're loose in the middle of battle. The problem comes when an enemy is defeated. Suddenly the sleeves become attached to the forearm/wrist bracelet. It sort of looks like the sleeves are swung up and grabbed with the hands. But if that's the case, why are the sleeves so stiff that it sticks out past hands? ._. It looks dumb. It looks glitched. It....bothers me! Not to mention, they just bloody clip through the forearm...

...And my obsession for boots has left me sad...

While some people believe this is a design choice... if it is, I think it's a poor one. That doesn't scream "panic" to me... that screams "mind controlled" like Ninian.

Bahaha, the first time I saw that in the game I actually thought Lissa got possessed by the Risen or something. XD Funnily enough I forgot all about that... look... until a few minutes ago playing through the chapter on my newly started female avatar run. Interesting to hear that it pops up in certain support conversations XD

• 2 months later...

Hey look, more things only a weeaboo would care about.

EndingJapanesetextSpeed.gifEndingEnglishTextSpeed.gif

I know that the speed doesn't seem like much, but when I went off to record the "END" movie which you can't view in the theater... both copies which only had Chrom and Sumia, as well as my MU and Olivia married... The English one took significantly more time. Even still having character endings while the credits were ALREADY DONE.

I also heard that in Future of Despair 3 (Future Past 3), they didn't change the "Fin" graphic to "The End" like they did in the regular game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You probably know why that happens, but for anyone who doesn't know: there's significantly more English letters being used versus Japanese ones. Typically it takes less Japanese than English letters to write something, except in a few cases (like STARFOX versus SU TA - FO K KU SU, which are both 7 letters).

That's also the same reason why, say, the endings in FE3 and FE12 take so long (I think FE3's ending takes so long in English that the music stops before you reach the end).

Although you'd think NOA would be able to up the text speed, even if us poor fan translators can't : P

Although you'd think NOA would be able to up the text speed, even if us poor fan translators can't : P

And I completely understand that.

But man... I was like... eating a sandwich and watching TV... and by the time I came back it was JUST getting to the "The End" graphic.

Do you mean like this? :P

DoyouthinkImanidiotEnglishFE13.png

i don't understand this post

is the point that two characters had the same line at different points?

not the same, one has dots in front and idiot is in caps

Edited by shadykid

Each of their lines are of completely different dialogue.

They made them more forward in their English counterparts... and frankly it felt like a backfire to me.

When you say "do you think I'm an idiot!?" I almost tend to want to respond "yes".

Each of their lines are of completely different dialogue.

They made them more forward in their English counterparts... and frankly it felt like a backfire to me.

When you say "do you think I'm an idiot!?" I almost tend to want to respond "yes".

oh you're just complaining about the personality shifts still

roger that, thought you had actually changed gears for once