Class design

Djing

I like the Trickster Class' look (Most specifiacally Anna <3)

Grandmasters look awesome (Especially Grandmaster Lucina)

Swordmasters...hell yeah.

And Dark Fliers look badass (Dark Flier Cordelia reminds me of Dark Tsubaki from BlazBlue)

I dont like the look of Bulky classes like Knight/Great Knight. The Knight's look like they're gonna fall over from how big their upper body is compared to their small legs.

Watch this post be ignored. I am Kellam.

You're also the last post on the page.

Also about your point with the knights' bulky armor,

Knights totally do fall over when they activate Luna

Heck, what am I doing. Notable things...

Great Lord-Ugh, too much Armor. I don't see why Chrom's stats are so...Well, sword user-like. Besides the obvious him being a sword user. Marth's Great Lord look is actually pretty cool, but the cape holder thing is totally unecessary and clashes with the model.

Cavalier Tree-I don't mind the toilet bowl look. Heck, I didn't even notice it until someone brought it up. But generic Great Knight portrait perspective confuses me.

General-Okay, here's one I massively disapprove of. Female Generals have such a ridiculous Y shape, having similar pauldrons to the men but form-fitting armor around the body. It just doesn't look right.

Swordmaster-Triple Swords look, not really digging it. Then they have two on the map suddenly, and they use neither in combat but they're unsheathed normally which makes a certain someone not do an awesome pose when he promotes.

Assassin-I've said this elsewhere, but female Assassins look like they're wearing swimsuits over latex bodysuits. Just, no.

Dark Mage Tree-Nothing to say that hasn't been said a million times. But it's still worth mentioning I guess.

Any class that makes a unit look unlike their portrait-Really, we've got models specifically made for these characters. Why do they have to look so different when they promote?

Any class with a helmet on the map for non-generics-I'm looking at you, Fighter Tree. And Dread Fighter. And... well, all of you, what's your excuse?

...Actually I guess I didn't really have anything new to say, so why am I even posting.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They think its in bad taste. But theres a healthy dose of slut shaming going around too. D:

I'm guessing that some of it has to do with the rest of the design as well. It looks like a lot of the complaints about overly-sexualized characters is that the fanservice comes at the cost of having a design that makes sense (Like paladins/great knights).

I'd use the dark flier and myrmidons as an example of fanservicey designs done right (The former because it's simple in a game where most other designs aren't, the latter... The best I can come up with is that it's badass), but there's bound to be disagreement.

Also echoing the praise for the (male) dark knight, paladin, and grandmaster designs and wishing allied tricksters got that hat.

Edited by Alg

Eh... I don't really want to complain. It isn't that bad. Besides, it's Fire Emblem. You gots to love it or GET OUT.

Edit: I expect to be crucified for this.

Edited by MasonTheTactician

I'd use the dark flier and myrmidons as an example of fanservicey designs done right (The former because it's simple in a game where most other designs aren't, the latter... The best I can come up with is that it's badass), but there's bound to be disagreement.

IMO Myrms are one of those classes where showing skin can make sense because it's a lightweight class that doesn't care about defense and doesn't need to ride anything so showing leg is not a big deal. Whatever works for the individual, really.

IS pls give us a myrman that shows some leg dudes have nice legs too

Edited by Thor Odinson

Also about your point with the knights' bulky armor,

Knights totally do fall over when they activate Luna

Yay, a response.

But seriously, this is the reason I made my Kellam an assassin.

British MP Humphrey Howarth dueled the Earl of Barrymore while he was completely naked. Howarth was a doctor who found that most gunshot fatalities were from infections caused by dirty clothes being pushed into the wounds. He reasoned that dueling in his birthday suit would allow him to survive otherwise mortal wounds. He won the duel.

Just some food for thought.

British MP Humphrey Howarth dueled the Earl of Barrymore while he was completely naked. Howarth was a doctor who found that most gunshot fatalities were from infections caused by dirty clothes being pushed into the wounds. He reasoned that dueling in his birthday suit would allow him to survive otherwise mortal wounds. He won the duel.

Just some food for thought.

Wait a minute... are you seriously suggesting an AO rated FE game?

I like the way you think.

IMO Myrms are one of those classes where showing skin can make sense because it's a lightweight class that doesn't care about defense and doesn't need to ride anything so showing leg is not a big deal. Whatever works for the individual, really.

IS pls give us a myrman that shows some leg dudes have nice legs too

Who likes short shorts on men?

That'd be amusing actually.