Olivia's Confession Flashback

I've always thought it was just the S support. At least in the Japanese version.

So when the North American localization showed up, I was surprised that the dialogue in the S support in the support library was COMPLETELY different, as you can see here...

Chapter 12 Chrom x Olivia Flashback scene:

(The actual flashback starts at 1:22)

Here are their support converastions:

(The S Support starts at 4:18)

However, I just checked with my Japanese copy.

The flashback you get at Chapter 12, is exactly the same as their S support.

Interesting change with the localization... I kind of approve of it, but it STILL doesn't change the fact, which they CLEARLY admit in the new "flashback" scene, is that Chrom and Olivia didn't really had a chance to develop. It was still "MY FALCHION WILL FIND A TARGET BY CHAPTER 12".

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yeah, someone at Zelda Universe actually mentioned the flashback sequences. Thats very interesting.

So they noticed that the Japanese flashback and the S support was the same, and that the English version was changed?

So they noticed that the Japanese flashback and the S support was the same, and that the English version was changed?

More of the fact it exists and the fact that the English version's is different from the actual S support. I was like, not even aware such was a thing to be honest. (haha. Poor Olivia is not gettin' the Chrominator on my runs...) Im not sure they even know what the Japanese version's was.

Hah, I just got this a few minutes ago on my Hard playthrough. I noticed slightly that it was different at the end.

Anyway, I transcribed the flashback, so that was a big help. I'll post it as soon as I get Inigo.

Whoa. I noticed something felt different when I watched the English flashback for the first time, but I don't know it's different from the S support.

Interesting find.

Come on. You'd expect me of all people to find minute little differences if Olivia's involved, right?

Woah... Olivia's Japanese voice is so annoying... If they were going for 4 year old girl on helium, they sure hit the mark. >_>

Preferences dude. I find her English attitude in general more annoying because she tends to spout out complaints moreso than her shy Japanese counterpart.

Her "STOP STARING!" in English voice clip with criticals/skill activations annoyed me the most. It's not bad, but it sure as hell isn't the Olivia I know.

Edited by shadowofchaos

preferences for how she speaks is one thing; that chipmunk voice is another entirely imo

To certain people, high pitched voices for women are a cultural thing.

Again, I find it cute and attractive.

Preferences dude. I find her English attitude in general more annoying because she tends to spout out complaints moreso than her shy Japanese counterpart.

Her "STOP STARING!" in English voice clip with criticals/skill activations annoyed me the most. It's not bad, but it sure as hell isn't the Olivia I know.

Fair enough! Attitude-wise I agree about her sometimes sounding more whiny than shy in English. I guess I meant I dislike the tone of her Japanese voice, just on a personal level. But this is why I like that they included both voice tracks in the NA release, yay for options!

Edited by Owain Dark

oh i know that. deep voices imply authoritativeness and masculine qualities blah blah blah psychology. it's not going to stop me from physically wincing when i hear it though :v i feel the same way about sumia actually, and i love whoever dubbed her.

so many words about my opinion oh no

Sigh. Chrom x Olivia is just amazing. ^^ (Sorry Rey!) I love those vids. She's so shy and unassuming in their supports, similar to her Japanese personality. It's quite an improvement on the sporadic loudmouth in Avatar x Olivia or Henry x Olivia. Her timidity is so distinctive from the rest of the cast, save for someone like Noire. It's a shame they tried to whitewash her.

And Chrom is so darn cute with her. X) It's cool to see him so protective of his lover. With the other wives, he's just like "You wanna come? But...eh. idgaf."

Edited by Paulina

So does that mean you'd like Precis voice clips?

On topic: I didn't pay attention to Olivia's flashback scene. I really couldn't get over its awkward placing. Instead of putting it BEFORE the wedding, they randomly slap it in right before you regain control on the map. And it just leaves you going "uh...what? Shouldn't they have done this by now?"

Then again, I can't really bear to see anyone end up with Chrom that isn't the female avatar, so that could have played a part too. <<;

For the record, I don't really like Olivia's personality either. She's...awkward.

On topic: I didn't pay attention to Olivia's flashback scene. I really couldn't get over its awkward placing. Instead of putting it BEFORE the wedding, they randomly slap it in right before you regain control on the map. And it just leaves you going "uh...what? Shouldn't they have done this by now?"

Then again, I can't really bear to see anyone end up with Chrom that isn't the female avatar, so that could have played a part too. <<;

For the record, I don't really like Olivia's personality either. She's...awkward.

Chrom X Olivia makes me think, Let's skip the whole "Get to know you part and get married STAT!"

To me, that's just moving way to fast. So I also think that flashback scene is really awkward with it's placing before the wedding. It feels like it should have been done already before you regain control on the map. Like: I think it should have been a Chapter 11 confession flashback scene...or is it just that?

And I'm never pairing Chrom with anyone who isn't Female Avatar so Olivia and the other girls are out of luck.

I actually like both Olivia's Japanese personality and her English one.

Chrom X Olivia makes me think, Let's skip the whole "Get to know you part and get married STAT!"

To me, that's just moving way to fast. So I also think that flashback scene is really awkward with it's placing before the wedding. It feels like it should have been done already before you regain control on the map. Like: I think it should have been a Chapter 11 confession flashback scene...or is it just that?

And I'm never pairing Chrom with anyone who isn't Female Avatar so Olivia and the other girls are out of luck.

I actually like both Olivia's Japanese personality and her English one.

Completely seconded 100%. And I like your new sig!

On topic though, is there any reason that Chrom x Olivia is set up the way it is other than maybe it was a last minute add on? I don't see how its supposed to appeal to most people or, heck, be even known to most people if its tacked on without even a progression of supports to precede it. Out of all the Chrom pairings, its the one I find most unrealistic.

And yet it's the one that is most liked for efficiency reasons in a Lunatic playthrough with a Male Avatar.

Hmm, that's interesting. I never expected to see that pairing and efficiency in the same sentence. Go figure...then again, I am by no means a lunatic player, so what do I know? Interesting thing though.

Hmm, that's interesting. I never expected to see that pairing and efficiency in the same sentence. Go figure...then again, I am by no means a lunatic player, so what do I know? Interesting thing though.

It's not more of the "Olivia's a Dancer and is gonna suck up a lot of effort".

It's the "Lucina has reclass options if you don't have a Female Avatar to get paired with Chrom".

Edited by shadowofchaos

Sigh. Chrom x Olivia is just amazing. ^^ (Sorry Rey!) I love those vids. She's so shy and unassuming in their supports, similar to her Japanese personality. It's quite an improvement on the sporadic loudmouth in Avatar x Olivia or Henry x Olivia. Her timidity is so distinctive from the rest of the cast, save for someone like Noire. It's a shame they tried to whitewash her.

And Chrom is so darn cute with her. X) It's cool to see him so protective of his lover. With the other wives, he's just like "You wanna come? But...eh. idgaf."

100% agreed. It's really quite a shame I.S. doesn't push this couple in this game.

... and in his heart, he had always known who it would be...(or something to that effect)

Well apparently not. According to Lissa: I turn my back for one minute, you're married. The next? A child! (something like that.)

I don't think this points to preparedness. I think this might be a Nowi style moment.

"Are you sure it isn't because you got her..?"

So does that mean you'd like Precis voice clips?

Owowowowowowowow.

Why did I click that?

There's the cutesy high pitched voice. And then there's the "break the sound barrier".

That is of the latter. It doesn't help that it's in English and sounds like it went through a modulator.

When it comes to English voice acting, the ones I particularly like are of Sumia's and Estelle's from Tales of Vesperia... and actually it sounds like they're the same voice actress (even though we'll never know because she's not in the credits).

Edited by shadowofchaos

Owowowowowowowow.

Why did I click that?

There's the cutesy high pitched voice. And then there's the "break the sound barrier".

That is of the latter. It doesn't help that it's in English and sounds like it went through a modulator.

When it comes to English voice acting, the ones I particularly like are of Sumia's and Estelle's from Tales of Vesperia... and actually it sounds like they're the same voice actress (even though we'll never know because she's not in the credits).

Hahahaha XD

Yeah, that voice isn't cute. It's just weird. And sounds like she needs to lay off the helium.

I have to say, I don't really like Olivia's english voiceclips. One of her "ha!" attack clips sounds incredibly masculine. I haven't really heard much of her Japanese one, but I can bet it's better than her english one. She's probably the only character with a voice actress I dislike. I also dislike Donny's, but that's more or less because they made him Larry the Cable Guy. -_-

Not to say I don't like Olivia. Far from it. She is actually somewhat cool. But... the whole whirlwind romance seems strangely out of character. Just saiyan.