Favorite spell animation?

There's a ton of 'favorite x' topics on here, but I haven't seen this one yet, so...

What's your favorite spell animation?

For me:

Though in my opinion, the spell animations are lacking the flare and awesome of the GBA/DS games, I suppose you can't exactly have that amount of awesome when the camera isn't fixed. That aside, Book of Naga takes the cake for me, with the rainbow flare around the burst of light.

Thoron and Arcfire have the most oomph for me. They're the only 2 spells that look painful to be hit by without being too over the top.

Bolganone is good too but flamethrowers and frickin lazer beams are still no 1.

Arcfire is probably my favorite. Thunder (yup, you read that right) and Forseti in a close second.

Arcfire looks like a flamethrower, looks pretty cool with consecutive doubles or astra. Thunder is just a cool electric ball that speeds up, I have no idea why but I like it. Forseti is wind overkill.

Edited by Melonhead

My favourite is Arcfire. Nothing fancy, just a friggin' FLAMETHROWER. I find going too flashy ends up being tiresome to watch but Arcfire gives me the warm and fuzzies inside whenever I use it.

Runner up is probably Thoron, for basically being force lightning, followed by Katarina's Bolt.

Forseti for improving on its spell animation from FE4. I like Valflame too, but I'm kinda disappointed no portals to the sun open up when it's cast. I guess that's justified by millennia passing with the possible waning of Vala's bloodline. (Still needs astrophysical equations though.)

Edited by Little Al

I like Book of Naga, Arcfire, and Ruin. Tbh I haven't seen Thoron and other high level tomes very much (gotta love weapon hoarding) but I will likely allow myself to bring some into the final chapter whenever I get around to actually finishing the story (lol). I do miss some of the flashier effects from the GBA games though!

So far, Thoron. (My Most Favorite)

It looks like frecking independence day, or like a Star Wars movie whenever Dark Pegs uses them along with hearing the cackling sounds as the attack goes by. Cuz they're like UFO's firing lasers. Aversa's Night, because you hear like haunting sounds as the attack goes by. I haven't yet viewed Book Of Narga, Forseti and Mjölnir yet as I've just downloaded them into my game yesterday! I'm sure they have good animations too.

Edited by Lady Feena

I love Book of Naga; closest thing we get to light magic. Incidentally, I like how Book of Naga and Grima's Truth animation look almost exactly the same other than the colors. I am so gonna use Book of Naga on my avatar next run to combat Validar with his Grima's Truth and make an epic magic battle! :D