Sages, Sorcerers, or Valkyries?

Zera

In the future I plan to make the ultimate mage army. Sages have the highest magic, Sorcerers have more attack variety and defense (but no staves), and Valkyries have more mobility and resistance.So should I focus on one of these three classes, or use a combination of all of them? I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on how to build a magic-based army, as well as specific characters, etc. The only rule for my army is that no one will wield physical weapons.

Edited by Zera

Sorc is the only class needed.

Nosferatu is the only tome you need.

Optimal skill setup is Sol/Armsthrift and really those are the two you need for sure.

Sages may have higher mag and tomefaire but they're dwarfed by Sorcs sheer ability to survive anything with a nosferatu tome.

Valks are just meh.

I may be biased but dark fliers are my favorite class as I love bothe flyers and magic users <3

actually wondering is there a reason people dislike dark fliers? Is it the bow weakness? Low defense due to being a Pegasus class?

Dark knights are fun to use as well due to being mounted but with more durability than Valkyries

however I agree that sorcerer is the best choice as that class is probably the most OP thing in FE history(bring the nerf hammer)... and sage does have the highest magic

I may be biased but dark fliers are my favorite class as I love bothe flyers and magic users <3

actually wondering is there a reason people dislike dark fliers? Is it the bow weakness? Low defense due to being a Pegasus class?

Dark knights are fun to use as well due to being mounted but with more durability than Valkyries

however I agree that sorcerer is the best choice as that class is probably the most OP thing in FE history(bring the nerf hammer)... and sage does have the highest magic

I can think of at least two things that were far more overpowered than sorcerers: FE7 Luna and Holy Blood.

I can think of at least two things that were far more overpowered than sorcerers: FE7 Luna and Holy Blood.

sadly I never played FE 7 or the Japanese games but looking at the wiki yeah those holy blood bonuses... with that many uses... I can see why they nerfed those weapons in Awakening...

sadly I never played FE 7 or the Japanese games but looking at the wiki yeah those holy blood bonuses... with that many uses... I can see why they nerfed those weapons in Awakening...

Okay. And FE7 Luna was so gamebreaking, it was noifed to hell and back in Sacred Stones (accuracy went down the tubes, dropping to 50% - note that FE7 Luna had 95% accuracy - and its 20 crit rate was halved). It's probably THE most notable nerfing in FE.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Okay. And FE7 Luna was so gamebreaking, it was noifed to hell and back in Sacred Stones (accuracy went down the tubes, dropping to 50% - note that FE7 Luna had 95% accuracy - and its 20 crit rate was halved). It's probably THE most notable nerfing in FE.

wow... I didn't know it had fallen THAT much... Well Luna is a skill now so I think its time is done...

What's the point of Nosferantu when by midgame your men are all gods and untouchable? I like Ruin way better.

Uhhh. No, wait, we're talking Lunatic, aren't we? 8U;

What's the point of Nosferantu when by midgame your men are all gods and untouchable? I like Ruin way better.

Uhhh. No, wait, we're talking Lunatic, aren't we? 8U;

Personally, I wouldn't be talking Lunatic. Also, I prefer crithax Ruin as well.