Least Favorite Pairings?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite all the Chrom/Sumia spam in the game, i feel that Chrom/Lady Avatar is more canon storywise.

Maybe if the Avatar is female, but then that still leaves Sumia when there's a male Avatar. xP

No. Just no. I dont mind the pairing at all, but that B support with the giggles creeped me the fuck out. I was just as put off as Avatar was. NO!! Please give me back my creepy stalker chick over the giggling girl, please! SEVEN, PLEASE!

Her giggling is the best part as well as she can't seem to stop acting like a "normal" girl. Okay, maybe I do like the pairing but the Avatar disappoints me in how he reacts to her.

Also, any Avatar and child pairing. Those are just weird.

Yeahhh thats one of the main reasons why i havent had an Avatar/Lucina or even an Avatar/Second Gen character pairing yet.

Sumia is alright. She gets waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much hate, and it's really not her fault.

Sumia has some stat issues that make me give her the stink eye, but personality wise, i have no problems with her. Its just her relevance in the story plummets after Lucina is revealed. Avatar/Chrom remains a thing after that point so it feels much more canon to me.

Why does Tharja/Male Avatar feel so right? Its bizarre....

Its just her relevance in the story plummets after Lucina is revealed. Avatar/Chrom remains a thing after that point so it feels much more canon to me.

Chrom's wife always fades into away after Chapter 13. Avatar is the special case, only because the relevance in the story.

Personally, Chrom x Avatar leaves a sore taste in my mouth. I prefer just being Chrom's friend over being his wife.

Sumia has some stat issues that make me give her the stink eye, but personality wise, i have no problems with her. Its just her relevance in the story plummets after Lucina is revealed. Avatar/Chrom remains a thing after that point so it feels much more canon to me.

Really? She was pretty good during my run. I think. I might've used some stat boosters, I don't remember.

Cordelia has been much better for me than Sumia. Sumia probably will end up a bit faster, but Cordelia is both fast and strong. She's just tearing people apart. Sumia has just not been cutting it as much for me. She's quick, but is hardly gaining any strength and is fragile. I started training her only so I could get a decent Cynthia later.

Edited by Anacybele

Chrom x Olivia - It's just so dumb. He marries her after barely knowing her. I know that most pairings in the game are rushed to a degree, but Chrom and Olivia are just ridiculous.

Henry x Olivia - I don't see the appeal in either version. It's not a terrible pairing, but Henry and Olivia both have much better supports with other people.

Cordelia x Frederick - It was fine up until the end, which just made me feel really sorry for Frederick.

Gaius x Sumia and Gaius x Olivia - Boring. The kind, demure girl melting the heart of a sarcastic rogue (literally in this case) is very over-used in Japanese media.

There are a lot of other supports that are stupid/boring/don't make a lot of sense, but these are the first that came to mind.

Cordelia has been much better for me than Sumia. Sumia probably will end up a bit faster, but Cordelia is both fast and strong. She's just tearing people apart. Sumia has just not been cutting it as much for me. She's quick, but is hardly gaining any strength and is fragile. I started training her only so I could get a decent Cynthia later.

I found Cordelia actually makes for a decent Mercenary/Hero. She usually lags as a pegknight. While Galeforce is awesome and nice for Severa to have right out of the box, Cordelia seemed to perform better as a Merc/Hero. Her supports still bore me to tears though.

Gaius x Sumia

Yeah im doing this pairing and im not too thrilled with it. Sumia's plucky attitude usually makes me go :): but here, im getting a little annoyed. Maybe its because of the dynamic in their supports. It doesnt feel right.

Frederick/Miriel is adorable, however.

I found Cordelia actually makes for a decent Mercenary/Hero. She usually lags as a pegknight. While Galeforce is awesome and nice for Severa to have right out of the box, Cordelia seemed to perform better as a Merc/Hero. Her supports still bore me to tears though.

Well, she's not lagging for me at all.

Definitely Chrom x Sumia. For all the hype this pairing gets, and all the hints the game throws at you for this being "the most canon" pairing, when I actually read the support, I was crushingly disappointed. I mean, I have no problem with Sumia's characterization, I just loathed the support.

Seriously, what is WITH all the pies in this game? No wonder it's nicknamed Pie-re Emblem A-Bake-ining.

Second-least favorite support probably goes to Severa x Male!Avatar. It's basically Severa getting things wrong and acting like a spoiled brat about it. While some of her other supports make her far more likable (Laurent, my Gosh - that pairing is diabetes) this one doesn't do her any favors. Male!Avatar seems a bit cockier than usual in this one too.

Lon'qu's support with Fem!Avatar was so, so, so touching and cute... until the end. The end just KILLED the mood for me so bad.

Lady Avatar and Henry has now become one of my favorite pairing because of Henry's confession:

"I will love you with all the blood in my body until i die! Oooooh! I wonder when that will be?"

I laughed for like five minutes straight.

While some of her other supports make her far more likable

Does not compute.

:P:

Seriously, what is WITH all the pies in this game? No wonder it's nicknamed Pie-re Emblem A-Bake-ining.

As I'm aware, some of it got lost in translation.Making food for a guy is a huge part of flirting in Japan.

Weren't the pies just bento box lunches or something in the Japanese version or something not pie related? Hey, rey, get in here and verify this.

I'd say that Severa is a MUCH better character than Cordelia.

I'd say that Severa is a MUCH better character than Cordelia.

Har. Im actually kinda torn on this. Cordelia is the very personification of boring and bland. Severa is the very personification of irritating and god i want to smash your freaking face in. The latter is actually more interesting....

So in a way....

:mellow:

Lon'qu's support with Fem!Avatar was so, so, so touching and cute... until the end. The end just KILLED the mood for me so bad.

If you're referring to the confession quote, I thought it was hilariously awkward and gave him the nickname "Qu'undere Husband".

While I'm at it, have a tiny rant by me about the localization. Yes the original confessions are cheesy, and I do like most of NoA's changes to them. But I think they trying too hard to make some of the confessions closer to character for humor's sake, especially for Lon'qu, Gaius, and Yarne.