Are these good children?

So I'm doing a Luck/Resistance hard mode run and I decided to focus on building children, trying to exploit the strengths of the best 3 or 4. I did a bit of research and hope they come out all right. But can anyone tell me how these families hold up?

Sumia!Morgan

Chrom!Inigo

Olivia!Lucina

Gregor!Nah

Vaike!Gerome

Libra!Brady

Virion!Kjelle

Lon'qu!Severa

Frederick!Yarne

Henry!Laurent

Ricken!Noire

Gaius!Owain

Edited by Professor Marth

But Donnel passes a good skill selection (you can hardly go wrong with Armsthrift and his superior luck). His daughters will also get the pegasus and trobadour class tiers, and so they'll get a nice selection of skills and usefulness.

But Donnel passes a good skill selection (you can hardly go wrong with Armsthrift and his superior luck). His daughters will also get the pegasus and trobadour class tiers, and so they'll get a nice selection of skills and usefulness.

Not Troubadour, it's Pegasus Knight and Mercenary.

Donnel is probably best with either Sully or Nowi, as the Villager class and skills are kind of redundant once the child's levelled up enough, and Donnel!Kjelle gets pretty nice physical modifiers around the board on top of Peg. Knight and Mercenary, while Donnel!Nah makes for a good tank, albeit very slow.

That said, I don't have Donnel included in my eugenics plans, because Donnel's main draw is kinda made redundant for me once Limit Break arrives, and he is kind of a pain to raise. Sure, it's one less child with Galeforce, but I can compensate for that.

Edited by Folt

Not Troubadour, it's Pegasus Knight and Mercenary.

Donnel is probably best with either Sully or Nowi, as the Villager class and skills are kind of redundant once the child's levelled up enough, and Donnel!Kjelle gets pretty nice physical modifiers around the board on top of Peg. Knight and Mercenary, while Donnel!Nah makes for a good tank, albeit very slow.

That said, I don't have Donnel included in my eugenics plans, because Donnel's main draw is kinda made redundant for me once Limit Break arrives, and he is kind of a pain to raise. Sure, it's one less child with Galeforce, but I can compensate for that.

Armsthrift is probably one of the most useful skills in the game (not wasting weapons is one of the best things ever), and only Donnel and Gregor (and male MU) can pass the class to any kid (Vaike can pass merc to females only). Even if you don't like his caps, you gotta love the merc skills (Armsthrift, Sol and two breakers). And if he fathers a girl, she'd get the pegasus tier, with Galeforce, and trobadour, with Renewal, and five rallies in total (six if you pass down Rally Strength). If you don't like her caps you turn her into a Rally bot.

Armsthrift is probably one of the most useful skills in the game (not wasting weapons is one of the best things ever), and only Donnel and Gregor (and male MU) can pass the class to any kid (Vaike can pass merc to females only). Even if you don't like his caps, you gotta love the merc skills (Armsthrift, Sol and two breakers). And if he fathers a girl, she'd get the pegasus tier, with Galeforce, and trobadour, with Renewal, and five rallies in total (six if you pass down Rally Strength). If you don't like her caps you turn her into a Rally bot.

A. Why would you pass down anything besides aptitude?

B. why do you want a child to be a rally bot? Waste of potential.

Also, use Gaius!Nowi because Nah doesn't need armsthrift.

I'm always partial to Gregor!Maribelle because it makes an awesome Brady. (Berserker!Brady <3)

Both Vaike and Gregor are included in my eugenics plans, so I can't find a need for Donnel if we're talking about Armsthrift (as I am pairing Vaike with someone who produces a daughter for my main files). Both of them can also pass down Axe Expert to a female. As for what rallying is worth, I could choose to forego Axe Expert for Rally Strength and give Kjelle Rally Defense/Strength/Heart. Noire could get the same combo (assuming I'm pairing Tharja with either Gregor or Vaike, which I'm not since I'm pairing Tharja with Gaius), and Nah could substitute one for Rally Magic as needed.

A. Why would you pass down anything besides aptitude?

Also, use Gaius!Nowi because Nah doesn't need armsthrift.

I'm always partial to Gregor!Maribelle because it makes an awesome Brady. (Berserker!Brady <3)

A. Because I'd like not being stuck with a deadbeat skill once the grinding's done. (Though I do admit that it is incredibly useful before then.)

B. Because having a rallybot child means I can save time and money (and it also means I won't have to buy and/or grind up Einherjar or other Avatars over again if one of them bites the dust).

Eh, I prefer giving either Henry or Libra to Brady so he can access Sorcerer and make use of that Magic modifier. (The other one goes to Owain to prepare him for Dread Fighter.)

EDIT: \/\/\/ Duly noted.

Edited by Folt

Rally Strength, Rally Speed, Rally Heart, Rally Spectrum. Only a female Morgan can do it.

EDIT: oh yeah it's rally heart now

Edited by Integrity

Well yeah, that combo. But you can just use Basilio for the whole Strength and Defense Rallies. Then a Female Avatar, Liz, and Mariabelle work for me (since they get little to no attack skills, -faire skills nonwithstanding). The Female Avatar is imported from another save though. All my MUs are worthy of the Grima label.

Rally Strength, Rally Speed, Rally Heart, Rally Spectrum. Only a female Morgan can do it.

EDIT: oh yeah it's rally heart now

No, spotpass characters can have that same combo. I just re hire my rally bots when I actually want to use them. Though I don't ever really need it.

What female Spotpass character has Rally Strength? I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong if I am, but AFAIK only FeMorgan can get all four of those skills rolling.

What female Spotpass character has Rally Strength? I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong if I am, but AFAIK only FeMorgan can get all four of those skills rolling.

Oh sorry, I didn't notice strength. I just have two ralliers to get the job done. You can fit every rally on two people.

Yeah. Integ was right there, Brian. I just pointed out that it wasn't necessary and provided alternatives.

My name is RIGHT THERE how did you misspell it? Come on! It's not like we're talking verbally or something. I'm tired of people constantly spelling it wrong.

Edited by Bryan

Oh sorry, I didn't notice strength. I just have two ralliers to get the job done. You can fit every rally on two people.

I'm pretty sure there's no *real* benefit to having one character with ALL THE BEST Rallies as opposed to just having two, I just felt like pointing it out. :P

My name is RIGHT THERE how did you misspell it? Come on! It's not like we're talking verbally or something. I'm tired of people constantly spelling it wrong.

My RL name is Isaac and about 75% of people spell it Issac when responding to correspondence. Get on my level. :|

Edited by Integrity

I'm pretty sure there's no *real* benefit to having one character with ALL THE BEST Rallies as opposed to just having two, I just felt like pointing it out. :P

My RL name is Isaac and about 75% of people spell it Issac when responding to correspondence. Get on my level. :|

I'd thought about just having one and then was like, naw I'll just do two.

And I have a friend named Isaac. Not sure if he has the same problems. He probably does.