Which FE do you see Awakening to be the continuation of?

Espinosa

See topic.

Radiant Dawn was the last original story we've had, but Shadow Dragon and New Mystery were quite a bit more than remakes of the old classics, regardless of what the majority that sees no value in SD and hasn't played FE12 says. And then there's also FE4, an earlier game with children and high skill activation rates...

See topic.

Radiant Dawn was the last original story we've had, but Shadow Dragon and New Mystery were quite a bit more than remakes of the old classics, regardless of what the majority that sees no value in SD and hasn't played FE12 says. And then there's also FE4, an earlier game with children and high skill activation rates...

Awakening is meant to be a successor of everything, taking some elements from each game. There are free map from FE2/FE8, branched promotion from FE8, marriage from FE4, mutlple races (though dumbed down) from FE9/FE10, weapon merging (well, not quite) from FE12, blah blah blah.

^Thats what i thought. Its a distant sequel to Marth's games.

But i think the OP meant Spiritual Successor and to that i say, the entire series. It has nearly every highlight of each game in the series.

I'd say it's the Continuation of New Mystery. It's basically a much more extensive change(In comparison to the GC games from the GBA games) applied to the New Mystery system in terms of mechanics(Weapon triangle and rank bonuses, no weapon weight, very similar weapon stats), but with features found throughout the series along with it's new addition(Pair Up) and re-jigging of supports.

Edited by arvilino

They said in the "Iwata Asks" that they were going for the "ultimate compilation of Fire Emblem" or something to that effect. So it's not really the continuation of any specific title.

This, lol. Hmm, I swear I read their exact words being the ultimate amalgamation of Fire Emblem though somehow the site now says culmination. Oh well.

But I can't really say I see it being a continuation of any game. Maybe one of the earlier games 'cuz the mounted/flying and ground doesn't get an extra turn after attacking. But I don't think that's a criteria to based off it since that seems more like a traditional way for mounted units.