The Ouya Is Now Out

Randoman

So the Ouya is finally out now. Anybody here managed to get their hands on it? And if you haven't, what do you guys think of it so far based on the videos and previews others have been posting recently?

Ouya-Android-Game-Console.jpg

Here's a few videos of it:

Unboxing:

Console Navigation:

Final Fantasy III:

And here's a funny comic about the Ouya:

[spoiler=Courtesy of brentalflossthecomic]156.jpg

I know there are some tablet smartphone games out there that I'm missing out on that are actually worth the money, but I can't actually remember which ones caught my eye before. I'm also not sure how many of those were on android. I once heard a claim that it was pointless to put much of anything for sale on the Android because it was so easy to hack, but that was both something I only heard from "some dude on the internet" and something I'm probably not fully remembering correctly.

Edited by Rehab

I never heard of this thing...It looks weird.So basically you can play tablet games on a TV?

The idea is to make a more "gamer friendly" console. It's cheap, but totally free to physical modding, it's intended to be easy to develop for, and and all games must have some kind of free demo, if they aren't free altogether. That's what I recall from the kickstarter.

Oh, yay! I had completely forgot about its release.

I'd actually like to have one, but I have never played any of the games on it aside from FFIII. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy them, but I guess I'd better start looking at some gameplay before making a decision.

Edited by Esme