Seemingly Innocuous Things I Can No Longer Say With A Straight Face

Vashiane

You know you have too many inside jokes about a game when they start to poison your ability to have normal, everyday conversations. Awakening is starting to do this to me. BADLY. I haven't gotten through a day since I got it without awkwardly bursting out into laughter because something I said reminded me of it.

I can't be alone here, right? Please tell me I'm not.

Well, before we get interactive I'mma list my list. Here goes! Wait, that's one of Sumia's critical quotes. DARN IT!

• Figured: Okay, I know this sounds totally crazy, but I seriously can't do it. I'm giggling as I write this. Right now. But while I was explaining my headcanon for Fem!Avatar and Lon'qu's support conversations to my sister - which the first two revolve around Fem!Avatar chucking figs at Lon'qu - I ended up using the word "figured" to start off my explanation after recapping the support convo to her. Totally accidentally too. Figured. It cracks me up so bad. Can't. Stop. Laughing.
  • Darkness: Because EVERY time I say this, WITHOUT FAIL, Paige sneaks up behind me and says "DO YOU LIKE IT?!" My little sister = Tharja. I should be worried.
  • Can't say the words blood or thunder in the same sentence.
  • SUGAR. GAAIIUSSS!
  • Wyvern: If I do, two questions are guaranteed to follow it - either "Is it in heat?" or "Minerva?".
  • I can no longer ask someone if they're daft anymore. And if I do plan on asking, it ALWAYS come out in her voice.
  • CAUSE. You knew THAT was coming, amirite?

So. Piece of cake, right? Let the awkward LOL-triggering BEGIN!

... I quoted Gaius again, didn't I? Yeah, I did. NINTTEENDOOOOO STOP RUINING MY ABILITY TO TALK WITHOUT GIGGLING LIKE A MADMAN, GODS.

I cant think of the words: "Special Delivery" without cracking up.

If i say "Must i do everything?" i have to do it in Virion's voice.

Same with "What are you doing?" Only in Tharja's voice.

I cant think of Libra's: "I'm in good hands" without finishing with "With Allstate."

• CAUSE. You knew THAT was coming, amirite?

I don't recall anybody saying this. You mean gods?

Anyway, sometimes I catch myself saying "gods". Also I usually say "sweet" every time Gaius gets a level up. Unintentionally. In Gaius' voice. ...Scratch that, I say "sweet" every time anybody gets a level up.