Games after "The Awakening"

Dwalin2010

I'm just going to quote from the recent developer interview:

"Well, whether it's Fire Emblem or the Advance Wars, we never want to put an end to any series we're involved with. We always want to make games that provide a lot of fun to gamers, so if we have the chance, we'd certainly like to make another [Advance Wars] title."

And seeing how well the game performed in the market, they'll probably get the chance.

Edited by domflo

With the potential of WiFi battle still out there, as well as third-tier classes as seen from Radiant Dawn, I wholeheartedly expect a 14

No, considering SMT x FE was announced. Although I don't know if you'd consider that a main game, since it's a spin-off.

And yeah, what everyone else said, Awakening sold really well. I don't know the actual comparisons, but I think overall it sold more units than every game except the original and the third (I think? Not entirely too sure). Either way, it had too much profit and attention not to continue making them. My only hope is that the series doesn't stay on the pace Awakening set. I'd be a little irritated if concepts like Children, Map Skirmishes, and Class Change were in every game from here on out. I wouldn't mind seeing the concepts sprinkled throughout games, but not a much as Awakening laid on at once.

There is no "The" and we wouldn't think any less of you if another FE game does not come to light.

That said, even other than SMTxFE, I wholeheartedly believe another FE game will come. Hopefully before too long.

we wouldn't think any less of you if another FE game does not come to light.

What do you mean, is it because I wrote "I would be really bad"? Sorry, I meant "IT would be really bad", I was just distracted smile.gif

Edited by Dwalin2010

If I remember correctly and my info is legit.

Awakening is the second best selling FE game in Japan, second only to FE4.

And when combine with NA and EU sell, it can be THE best selling FE to date.

Year Yearly Change Total

2012 480,049 N/A 480,049

2013 17,422 -96.4% 497,471

Just BARELY under FE4's 498,216 lifetime sales in Japan.

FE4 isn't even the highest: FE3 sold 776K.

Year Yearly Change Total

2012 480,049 N/A 480,049

2013 17,422 -96.4% 497,471

BTW, where did these figures come from? They seem a bit off to me, unless they're counting the bundle sales (which I don't recall having a reliable tracker).

EDIT

Oh, VGChartz. No, those numbers are totally wrong; don't listen to them.

Edited by VincentASM