Medeus vs Gharnef

Dwalin2010

Medeus is also the dark dragon of doom. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some power that could have just torn through Gharnef's Imhullu spell.

If we're talking Earth Dragon Medeus, I think Gharnef definitely had the upper hand. Though I'm still not sure how he intended to use Falchion.

Well, didn't he managed to brainwash Tiki? Her Divinestone would've done the job just fine.

if this is FE12.....*looks at Medeus's stats*

yeah, Tiki would get obliterated

but seriously, gameplay mechanics aside, pretty sure Medeus could rip him up

Grima eats both for breakfast though, just look at that size

Tiki has infinite defense. Pretty sure Medeus couldn't damage her at all

Anyway Medeus is immune to Magic and immune to far range attacks

Its a matter of stalling that useless Imhullu

which takes forever

Make me wonder how broken Tiki and Bantu would be if they used EDS. Infinite Defense and unable to be attacked by Magic?

Wow

Edited by JSND

I think Gharnef has the ability to wield Falchion, perhaps inherited by killing Marth's father. He wouldn't keep it on his person otherwise, he'd try to destroy it or get rid of it. If not, perhaps he can use his hypnosis and Elice's staff on a dead Falcion user, and/or use Tiki.

It's not possible for Gharnef to gain usage of the Falchion like that. The Falchion back then could only be used by the males of the bloodline. And I doubt a blood transfusion would work, or to be thought of anyway. And that rules out Elice either way. I know it was a joke, but still...

Wasn't the whole "only Altean royal males can use Falchion" thing a liberty taken by the localization? I mean, sure. Being an Altean royal, I can understand. But being gender-locked? Even when considering Lucy?

Edited by Little Al

Wasn't the whole "only Altean royal males can use Falchion" thing a liberty taken by the localization? I mean, sure. Being an Altean royal, I can understand. But being gender-locked? Even when considering Lucy?

Which is why I mentioned "back then". The circumstances of the Falchion tied to Marth's bloodline has changed over time, considering before there was no Mark of the Exalt and stuff. Which is most likely this happened back when Grima was first defeated by the First Exalt.

Except where does it say only male Altean royals can use Falchion, and does it appear in the Japanese script?

At the end of Chapter 7 of Shadow Dragon. Malledus delivers this line:

You are Anri's last male descendant, the only one who can wield Falchion. You must find the blade that was taken, and put an end to Doluna and its misguided Manakete rulers.

I don't know what the Japanese script says, but if it's the same thing, then the English translation didn't removed it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

At the end of Chapter 7 of Shadow Dragon. Malledus delivers this line:

I don't know what the Japanese script says, but if it's the same thing, then the English translation didn't removed it.

According to Vincent (and he seems more knowledgable about this stuff), the whole thing about male heirs to the Altean throne was abscent from the Japanese version of FE11, and was in fact a liberty taken by NoA in the localization. And judging from this quote.

NOA suggested that only male heirs of Anri could wield the Falchion in Shadow Dragon, even though AFAIK this isn't stated in the Japanese version, and later

we get a girl wielding Falchion in Awakening.

I may not have access to the original script, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that Malladus's quote originally said "last descendant".

And besides, who's to say Marth and his family didn't have any Naga blood inside their veins before Awakening happens? (Which may not be the same type of Naga blood that flows in Dierdre's and Julia's veins.)

According to Vincent (and he seems more knowledgable about this stuff), the whole thing about male heirs to the Altean throne was abscent from the Japanese version of FE11, and was in fact a liberty taken by NoA in the localization. And judging from this quote.

I may not have access to the original script, but I think it's a pretty safe bet that Malladus's quote originally said "last descendant".

That's sad to hear, because it's always more pleasant to play a translation true to the original rather than having things made up that weren't there originally. Do you know if they took other liberties in the translation or this is the only serious one?

And besides, who's to say Marth and his family didn't have any Naga blood inside their veins before Awakening happens? (Which may not be the same type of Naga blood that flows in Dierdre's and Julia's veins.)

Its actually implied in Awakening that Marth is a descendant of "maybe" Sigurd