Beyond Dreams: Looking for a spriter!

lonelyVoxel

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay about time I edited this so we have a test video for 3 sprites

and now for who is who in this (Me) Arch (ForceMan)Pete (My friend) Kittycat or just Cat

16U72.png16U7p.png16U7B.png

EDIT 5:Well then Ron posted the video so here is the people in the video and all...AND THIS IS NOT DEAD! :newyears:

Edited by Thy Sea Serpent Girl Arch

If you need someone to make the maps I can help there. Used to do a lot of mapping in rpg maker and game maker, most of which were lost when my old laptop died (R.I.P. my friend), however I think I have 1 example somewhere. Mind you, it was made using the most unorganized palette I have ever seen, and I stopped on the project cause the guy in charge refused to have it fixed and said to deal with it...

it was supposed to be for a pokemon mystery dungeon game this group was making from scratch ( but with sprites ripped from different games... go figure)

map%2B1%2Bimage%2Bv3.png

it's a little plain, but it's all I got for an example at the moment. I don't just make maps with out inspiration and a purpose.

Edited by Lagaan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You're not making the hack for YOURSELF, you're making it for the public and therefore are supposed to cater to the public's opinions. If they're offering us ( or you or whoever) constructive criticism, you should take it into account instead of completely disregarding it and getting flustered.

TL;DR get over yourself

That's not properly true. Hacks are made for the creators AND for the public. If made only for yourself, they're biased and not enjoyable by everyone. If made only for the public, they lack heart.

That said, I appreciate the hard work you're putting on those sprites. Beware, they're not that good yet... I know because I for first took like 3 months to do a watchable splice, uh. But if you keep on like this, you'll improve, so don't surrender. Try listening to people's critiques because they're not here only to troll you (even if sometimes it may look like this) but keep your heart in pursuing what you believed in since the very beginning.

The idea of time, space and dreams isn't that bad. It's pretty cool if well developed.

So, good luck!

Right now, we have 5 mugshots. The three you saw in the video are done, Arch's having slight alterations, and a new one has been inserted, Ron. Salem is also in the works, and Sho will probably be the first completed overall since he lives in Europe, thus making his time around 7 hours ahead of mine. Also, the hack will be delayed as I am moving. Such delay is expected to be one month. 99% of the spriting is done by a user currently going by the title of "Thy Sea Serpent Arch." I colored my shirt and hair, that's all that wasn't done by Arch.

Edited by Forceman

Sadly Nothing I can only sprite and I happen to have the most time soooo Sprites are up sooner rather then later. Right now it's trying to make the sprites work. I have no idea what or when we will have some story up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i still can't believe this is actually working, and i'd hate to be featured in the game (or represented anyway) but not help at all. I'm not very good at hacking anymore, though .-. anything I can do? gather research, write dialogue etc

i also apologize for my rant earlier in the thread lol

Edited by phobia