1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolz

on topic: do phantoms actually have growths?

Well phantom's don't get exp from their kills so the only logical expression is that they gain growths from the summoner. But IDK

The problem with the whole "He can attack from range" happens on the enemy phase. Unless you waste your time making a human sheild for Knoll, he's going to get whooped. If you have to baby a unit to make him or her good, the unit is not good. That's why being underleveled hurts. Also, this is a reason you don't see many magic units on the top tier, unless you're a healer. (sorry anti-tier fans, but they exist)

I disagree with the bolded point. That just insulted most of my favorite units.

Before that, I agree. He attacks from range, yes, but that means he won't be summoning that turn, which is one of your main reasons for liking him. Practically any other magic user can kill rather easily, and, should they need to, take a good few hits in return. Knoll can't, that's why I hate him.

The problem with the whole "He can attack from range" happens on the enemy phase. Unless you waste your time making a human sheild for Knoll, he's going to get whooped. If you have to baby a unit to make him or her good, the unit is not good. That's why being underleveled hurts. Also, this is a reason you don't see many magic units on the top tier, unless you're a healer. (sorry anti-tier fans, but they exist)

Making a human wall is a waste of time, now?

Wow.

I'd really like to see how you play, sir, and how often you have to restart maps. Especially on Hard Modes.

Wow.

I'd really like to see how you play, sir, and how often you have to restart maps. Especially on Hard Modes.

It is a waste of time when that time should be used on offense rather than defense. Remember the game we're talking about. You rarely need more defense.

What.

It's a waste of time to move your tanks just inside the movement range of the enemy units that will come to attack you and then leave your ranged characters behind?

It's never a waste of time to leave nothing to chance. The only games where defeating a map in any time is an issue is FE6 and 7 for their rank systems. (FE6 had a ranking system, didn't it? I never played it, so I'm assuming here.)

None of my units ever die. Ever. That's a strategy I would imagine more people would get behind but I guess I'm wrong there, too?

What.

It's a waste of time to move your tanks just inside the movement range of the enemy units that will come to attack you and then leave your ranged characters behind?

It's never a waste of time to leave nothing to chance. The only games where defeating a map in any time is an issue is FE6 and 7 for their rank systems. (FE6 had a ranking system, didn't it? I never played it, so I'm assuming here.)

None of my units ever die. Ever. That's a strategy I would imagine more people would get behind but I guess I'm wrong there, too?

Yeah you are, you know why, THIS IS A GAME FOR WAR, BE REALISTIC ABOUT IT, people die, and plus letting units die makes the game harder in that aspect

lolz

on topic: do phantoms actually have growths?

They do. Phantoms are auto leveled to the same level as the character who summoned them. Knoll's phantoms have more speed, skill, and luck than Ewan's with Lyon's being somewhere between the two. It doesn't make a big difference either way, since phantoms are only useful as distractions and always die in one hit.

Knoll doesn't even know the meaning of the word "Luck" or "Defense" as he hardly gains any at all. Not to mention hes quite lax to train when you first recruit him on that desert map where you face Valter and Caellach. Also, he is slow and he often gets double. He'd hopeless on HM Creature Campaign ruins alone...It's rather like Sophia on FE6.

Wow.

In Sacred Stoners....well, I only restart if the RNG is screwing up somebody's level up severely. That meaning a character who has good growths goes up in one stat more than one level up, usually HP. I never really had to restart from dying. The only time I really had to restart because of that often was in Sword of Seals Hard Mode. I imagine I'd be a restarting machine in Thracia 776. The point is, if somebody can die easily in Sacred Stoners, it's clear he/she is a bad unit.

Aww... come on. You guys are greatly exagerrating Sacred Stones difficulty level. It doesn't get so easy to a point where you can send units wherever you want on the field with no consequences.

Aww... come on. You guys are greatly exagerrating Sacred Stones difficulty level. It doesn't get so easy to a point where you can send units wherever you want on the field with no consequences.

There are actually times when you can do that with a good number of characters.

There are actually times when you can do that with a good number of characters.

This

My strike team is made up of SM's. And they usually do up against lances. And they always win. They rarely take damage and die.

I agree with knife. Sacred Stones is easy for a FE game. But stupid reckless decisions will still get you killed. The strategy is still there, just less I-want-to-bash-my-head-against-something-sharp type of strategy used in Thracia or Hector Hard Mode.

There are plenty of game series that don't even hold a candle to the difficulty of FE.

i do sometimes

marisa and colm make wonders for that

So... is Knoll like Sophia? I mean, Sophia was a bit- pain to raise, but became a very good fighter after promotion. I have Knoll trained in a creature campaign but I haven't used him story wise, so I can't give an accurate opinion.

Knoll is practically useless in hard mode without the tower. But he is better than Sophia. Knoll is at least passable if leveled up. Sophia is always terrible.