The Great Knoll Debate

Is Knoll worthwhile?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

By the time I picked up Knoll, I already had better units and I didn't want to spend time training him. I'm not a big fan of Dark magic anyway. I don't really need another one, since I figured that I already had a Sage in Saleh, I trained Ewan up and made him a Summoner and he's been OK for me.

So considering I don't like Dark magic and already have a summoner, no, definitely went straight to the bench for me. If I hadn't have trained Ewan, I probably still would have benched him just because of his starting level being too low.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's becuase he's still worthwhile. You could ask the same question for any other character, and they'd still win.

Is he a great unit? No.

Is he worthwhile? Yes.

Yes, thanks to him being in the easiest Fire Emblem around. If there was a poll asking if someone like Wendy or Sophia was worthwhile, a lot more no votes would be made. They are dismal in a game where you can tell they're dismal.

The only things bad about sophia are

1.level Cure- Arena abuse that's why it's there money and experience or else IS would have never put it in.

level Cure- Arena abuse for money and experience. That's why it's there, or else Intelligence Systems would have never put it in.

Sorry, I'm a grammar Nazi, also it took me a minute to figure it all out.

level Cure- Arena abuse for money and experience. That's why it's there, or else Intelligence Systems would have never put it in.

Sorry, I'm a grammar Nazi, also it took me a minute to figure it all out.

Oh sorry the first time I came on this website I was confused too. But I realised what it meant so I started to abbreviate it because I assumed everyone on the website knew what I was talking about

Knoll has always been terrible for me. Sure, I've always leveled him up, but given the fact that I can level anybody in this FE, I find him not worth the trouble. He gets bad growths(at least for me) and is ALWAYS a liability. I find that many of the characters that I use are capable of holding their own in battle. In fact, I won't use them otherwise! My general tactic in maps is to split my party into simple teams of 2-4. usually those teams will include at least one mage, and will always have some sort of supports with each other. With the way that I play, my mages are usually open to enemy attacks, but only if they survive the pain my teams dish out. And if they get hit? Meh, thats what healing staffs and items are for, and ALL my mages have at least one healing staff.

The only things bad about sophia are

1.level Cure- Arena abuse that's why it's there money and experience or else IS would have never put it in.

2.skill and speed Cure- Live with it or stat boosters

1.) Arenas aren't supposed to be used to the point in which you break every single weapon of every single unit. They're meant to be done in moderation.

2.) Stat boosters can make any unit good, something Fox pointed out in another thread.

>_>

1.) Arenas aren't supposed to be used to the point in which you break every single weapon of every single unit. They're meant to be done in moderation.

>_>

Eh? The arenas give you the weapons to use, you don't use your own weapons.

On topic: I used Knoll because I wanted to see what a summoner was like. I never found him to be a terrible unit, not an amazing one either. I found him to be a good unit, but certainly not a front liner (he's very delicate, even for a magic user).

Eh? The arenas give you the weapons to use, you don't use your own weapons.

On topic: I used Knoll because I wanted to see what a summoner was like. I never found him to be a terrible unit, not an amazing one either. I found him to be a good unit, but certainly not a front liner (he's very delicate, even for a magic user).

*facepalms at own failure* I was thinking of the Tower. Same basic principle, though.

Tower is basically the only place you can use Knoll to train him. I will say one thing though. Phatoms, I have found, do make good defense against those pesky dogs that run around the field and rip out the throats of your less than speedy units.

• 1 month later...
Ewan is good, if you are lucky/abuse. But, if you don't/aren't, he sucks. Knoll can be good either way, but it requires severe whoring.

I don't understand though, the game itself states to use the tower so units can catch up, but we still aren't allowed to do that, even if the game permits it?

I don't understand though, the game itself states to use the tower so units can catch up, but we still aren't allowed to do that, even if the game permits it?

They're elitists. They like giving us a hard time and telling us our opinions are wrong.