• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is wrong IMO

Everytime i want to grind to support its always 2 Leonardo per Rank

There are some variations with the Seed though

Orly?

Um... I'm a bit of a noob to some of these terms, but what exactly is a Leonardo?

I rarely stumble upon seeds, so for supports I usually nab a Reeking box, pick one of the first ten chapters and hack away.

Orly?

Um... I'm a bit of a noob to some of these terms, but what exactly is a Leonardo?

I rarely stumble upon seeds, so for supports I usually nab a Reeking box, pick one of the first ten chapters and hack away.

I think he was talking about summoning Leonardo's team to the map.

Yeah, that sounds about right for my game too. But... I don't know if my sister has some sort of magical shipping power or whatnot, but her Avatar is always married to Chrom by around chapter 6 or 7. She admits she glues them together but I also thought that was a little fast and early game doesn't give you much support grinding options.

And for a separate fourth answer, yeah, it's pretty easy, lol... I can't even remember when I got mine married to Chrom, but it could probably done earlier? Though I might be getting my chapters mixed up too. : D I shall test this out when I start and get through Lunatic/Classic mode.

This is wrong IMO

Everytime i want to grind to support its always 2 Leonardo per Rank

There are some variations with the Seed though

Sorry for OT, but I think you quoted the wrong person...? She was merely asking the above person to elaborate?

Back to the thread... I would totally love it if Olivia does have priority. : D I personally have nothing against Sumia -- in fact, I think I find how they made Sumia like is pretty similar to me in certain aspects. So I can't really hate her, but that's all personal. I just don't like.. no, I really dislike pairing her up with Chrom. I'll never marry her to Chrom, lol. Only thing preventing me from playing a male avatar/MU is that I don't like his other wife candidates and Olivia's going to the male avatar first. |: Digressing aside, I never really tried pairing Chrom up now that I think about it so I can't really offer anything to this. But it's nice to learn more ways to grind up your supports.

But for testing purposes, I'm not sure if grabbing 3 points for each character works... though it was already mentioned no one gets any bonus points, but I think to test it on 0. I still cheer on Olivia though.

Edited by Cordelia

Back to the thread... I would totally love it if Olivia does have priority. : D I personally have nothing against Sumia -- in fact, I think I find how they made Sumia like is pretty similar to me in certain aspects. So I can't really hate her, but that's all personal. I just don't like.. no, I really dislike pairing her up with Chrom. I'll never marry her to Chrom, lol. Only thing preventing me from playing a male avatar/MU is that I don't like his other wife candidates and Olivia's going to the male avatar first. |: Digressing aside, I never really tried pairing Chrom up now that I think about it so I can't really offer anything to this. But it's nice to learn more ways to grind up your supports.

But for testing purposes, I'm not sure if grabbing 3 points for each character works... though it was already mentioned no one gets any bonus points, but I think to test it on 0. I still cheer on Olivia though.

Hmm... I think that one of Chrom's bachelorettes must have a certain amount of points built with him to be considered for marriage over the village girl? I'd say that might be how it goes.

Back on topic, my main problem with pairing Olivia with Chrom is that in my head, it's ultimately not rewarding enough to be worth the hassle. Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Olivia, but still... And I'm personally miffed that Sumia has a limited bachelor pool compared to other bachelorettes, only one of whom I perceive as good, excepting Male Avatar and Chrom (hint: It isn't Henry, and it isn't Gaius either...).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Sorry for OT, but I think you quoted the wrong person...? She was merely asking the above person to elaborate?

"I also think that the more supports a character has, the harder it gets to get new ones, but this is my own impression only."

The one quote was asking elaboration on this

I posted about how everytime tried to grind supports its always 2 battle against spotpass Leonardo per rank.

Wow, a lot of things I'd never known about, lol. Either way, I might test Chrom's marriage priorities in more detail when I actually have the time. I just happened to have a female MU file with an unsupported Chrom and thought it'd be fun to give it a try. I was planning to marry Chrom to Maribelle in that file, so I know for a fact that Maribelle was glued to Chrom longer than Sully, Sumia, and female MU were (and probably Olivia as well) and still was fourth in priority. Next time, I'm going to test out only the four girls that can actually get a support with him and figure out if the priority is still Sumia > Sully > Maribelle > MU.

But I'm pretty sure my Chrom married Olivia when Sumia, Sully, and feMU C support accidentally available. But not activated.

And Sumia, Sully, and feMU are all still single.

Knowing Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > feMU,

at first I'm ready to have Chrom not marrying Olivia, but Sumia.

(I married Chrom once with Sumia with S support, and I'm kinda working for all support and wanting a Prince!Inigo)

But, Olivia takes the ring.

Maybe, just maybe

each cap for C support is different?

or.. reaching C support doesn't mean capped.

Edited by Fairlee

Hmm... I think that one of Chrom's bachelorettes must have a certain amount of points built with him to be considered for marriage over the village girl? I'd say that might be how it goes.

Back on topic, my main problem with pairing Olivia with Chrom is that in my head, it's ultimately not rewarding enough to be worth the hassle. Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Olivia, but still... And I'm personally miffed that Sumia has a limited bachelor pool compared to other bachelorettes, only one of whom I perceive as good, excepting Male Avatar and Chrom (hint: It isn't Henry, and it isn't Gaius either...).

Maybe for you, but I also don't really find myself really wanting to marry Chrom to his other candidates (aside from female avatar and Olivia comes second), so if I had another option for male avatar, I'd do whatever I have to for Chrom to marry Olivia imo.

And you pretty much just listed ALL of Sumia's candidates. I'm assuming you excluded Chrom.

I'm curious how the video turned out that was made to test this thread out?

Maybe for you, but I also don't really find myself really wanting to marry Chrom to his other candidates (aside from female avatar and Olivia comes second), so if I had another option for male avatar, I'd do whatever I have to for Chrom to marry Olivia imo.

And you pretty much just listed ALL of Sumia's candidates. I'm assuming you excluded Chrom.

IMO, the only notable thing about marrying Olivia is one that can be gotten from two other candidates for Chrom's wife (I don't really think the Myrmidon class tree has much of anything of note for Lucina, and Inigo has arguably the hardest paralogue out of the children - at least I could get off with grabbing Kjelle or Morgan almost immediately, and Cynthia's paralogue isn't that hard either).

Well, I DID say "except for Chrom and Male Avatar", so I indeed did leave Chrom out.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Frederick.

That I was.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Olivia is a more offensive Lucina with better STR mods and some SM/Assasin skills

Sumia is an outright defensive Lucina with lower STR mods and PavGis on her skillset. Also Sage Lucina but nobody liked that

Meh, never really cared about most of the skills associated with the Myrm class tree, as most of them don't sound all that appealing in the grand scheme of things. And having to deal with a Lucina whose bases won't be all that great is a do not want for me.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I don't really think the Myrmidon class tree has much of anything of note for Lucina

Like the classes Sumia and Maribelle have to offer outside of Pegasus Knight are any better. (I don't think Lucina wants to be a staff using class unless if it was War Cleric, which is only good for Renewal in her case. Nor would she want to be a Tome using class unless if it were Dark Knight, which is only good for Lifetaker. I'm not getting into General because someone already covered it.) Plus, Myrmidon ultimately gives Vantage, (Which can help with defense.) Astra (Which is basically another chance for her to deal around 2.5 damage, and isn't too shabby by any means.) Swordfaire (whcih also isn't too shabby considering the extra punch it gives.), and another decent option or two for damage output outside of Great Lord.

Not to mention, Lucina having the Myrmidon class just seems more appropriate. Especially since she IS skilled at using a sword after all.

And having to deal with a Lucina whose bases won't be all that great is a do not want for me.
Isn't this true for many child characters? Edited by Little Al

Like the classes Sumia and Maribelle have to offer outside of Pegasus Knight are any better. (I don't think Lucina wants to be a staff using class unless if it was War Cleric, which is only good for Renewal in her case. Nor would she want to be a Tome using class unless if it were Dark Knight, which is only good for Lifetaker. I'm not getting into General because someone already covered it.) Plus, Myrmidon ultimately gives Vantage, (Which can help with defense.) Astra (Which is basically another chance for her to deal around 2.5 damage, and isn't too shabby by any means.) Swordfaire (whcih also isn't too shabby considering the extra punch it gives.), and another decent option or two for damage output outside of Great Lord.

Not to mention, Lucina having the Myrmidon class just seems more appropriate. Especially since she IS skilled at using a sword after all.

IMO, Astra doesn't really seem to have much point when she already has Aether (not to mention against Counter users, it can backfire big time). And if you're facing someone with Pavise... well, Astra wouldn't help much there either. As I see it, Swordfaire is about the only thing there that'd be much good.

Well, that does make sense, but still, it'd take more than that to ultimately make me think it's worth the trouble...

Isn't this true for many child characters?

True, but for whatever reason, I wouldn't expect much out of Olivia!Lucina...

Edited by Levant Fortner

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Frederick.

I know, lol. I was just saying that was so obvious from how it was made.

Speaking of this tier list thingamajig for Chrom's waifu candidates... never mind, gonna ask elsewhere.

Astra isn't really all that good. Like Levant said, it seems it will backfire on you more likely than not (in Lunatic+). Though... uhhh... maybe for Hard above?

Here, toss in female avatar for Lucina and you get all your classes possible lol. /obvious

Edited by Cordelia

I think a while back, somebody had Chrom only have some support points with Maribelle (but not enough for a C support) and he still married the maiden?

Hey guys, I'm gonna have to skip out on this until Thursday.

Team projects and assignments are taking up my time.

No video until at least then.

I think a while back, somebody had Chrom only have some support points with Maribelle (but not enough for a C support) and he still married the maiden?

On the Japanese version at least, I had a Casual Mode save with one enemy left. If I left Olivia paired up with Frederick, and kill the mage with Chrom and Male Avatar, he married the Village Girl.

If I paired him up with Olivia via the transfer command, and had him attack and gain a support point, he married Olivia.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Speaking of this tier list thingamajig for Chrom's waifu candidates... if you wanted Chrom to marry the nameless maiden, do the other candidates HAVE to be married already? Say you never let him pair up (outside of males/Lissa cuz she's his sister) or do anything with his other candidates?

Here, toss in female avatar for Lucina and you get all your classes possible lol. /obvious

On the Japanese version at least, I had a Casual Mode save with one enemy left. If I left Olivia paired up with Frederick, and kill the mage with Chrom and Male Avatar, he married the Village Girl.

If I paired him up with Olivia via the transfer command, and had him attack and gain a support point, he married Olivia.

All this is making me think the theory that there's a threshold that must be passed for someone other than the maiden to marry Chrom might have some credence.

@Rey: In that case, did Olivia and Chrom have any support points built up before that?

Edited by Levant Fortner

Astra isn't very good, yes, but not because of Counter (why are you attacking a Counter Warrior from 1-range to begin with when Myrm Lucina can use Amatsu?).

Uhhh, suppose she isn't a myrm/SM (the only classes who can use Amatsu in the first place)... what then?

Zero. Zip. Nada.

All her support points were with me.

Now I'm even more confused... I always thought that they had to at least have enough support points for a C?

Edited by Levant Fortner