Pairing Priority: Olivia > Sumia

Sunwoo

Hey guys, I'm gonna have to skip out on this until Thursday.

Team projects and assignments are taking up my time.

No video until at least then.

Well, atleast it comes out on DLC day. Happens to be more convenient for me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh, suppose she isn't a myrm/SM (the only classes who can use Amatsu in the first place)... what then?

Javelin from Paladin/Great Knight/Great Lord can 3HKO if she's been keeping up, allowing you to bypass Counter during the enemy phase as long as you double during the player phase.

Edited by Redwall

Uhhh, suppose she isn't a myrm/SM (the only classes who can use Amatsu in the first place)... what then?

if she isn't a swordmaster, she can use other weapon types, like i dunno, LANCES

damn, Vantage'd

Edited by shadykid

Javelin from Paladin/Great Knight/Great Lord can 3HKO if she's been keeping up, allowing you to bypass Counter during the enemy phase as long as you double during the player phase.

That kinda helps prove that he doesn't need to expect much from an Olivia!Lucina...

Edited by Cordelia

Isn't this true for many child characters?

I though that you could do the non-Lucina children's chapters whenever you wanted? Therefore, surely all you have to do is grind the parents for a bit, and then when you do the children's chapter the children start with their stats at or near their 1st tier caps?

Maybe, though I'd rather take 'em out with ranged weapons that don't completely suck, aka anything that isn't a javelin or hand axe.

That kinda helps prove that he doesn't need to expect much from an Olivia!Lucina...

Or maybe because I'd essentially have to grind Olivia just to have a Lucina who can keep up? Tch... I'd expect enough to make me not regret doing it, at the very least.

I though that you could do the non-Lucina children's chapters whenever you wanted? Therefore, surely all you have to do is grind the parents for a bit, and then when you do the children's chapter the children start with their stats at or near their 1st tier caps?

That is indeed the case. Although it should be noted that the later the mother joins, the harder their corresponding child's paralogue is (ergo, Morgan, Kjelle, Laurent and Owain have easy paralogues, whereas Inigo has one of, if not the hardest paralogue out of the children).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Personally I think all of the "variable support caps" arguments are just too convoluted. From a programming standpoint they simply don't make sense. It is far, far simpler to have the support system be uniform across all characters, and then do a simple check at the end of chapter 11 that works like this (using the priority of the marriage page):

candidates = [Avatar, Olivia, Sully, Maribelle, Sumia, Maiden]
best = 0
wife = null

for x in candidates:
   if x.married == false and SupportPoints(Chrom, x) >= best:
       wife = x

While I like the creativity in looking for solutions, in this case I think we're inventing complexity where there is none.

Edited by Meteor

Uhh... well, getting the units killed in Casual or Classic does not affect anything regarding Chrom's pairings at the end of Chapter 11.

I had Sumia get killed in Classic, but Chrom still married her instead of Olivia.

So...

Chrom married a dead woman.

wat

All this is making me think the theory that there's a threshold that must be passed for someone other than the maiden to marry Chrom might have some credence.

My first test has 1 support point for all of the girls, so i dunno about that

So...

Chrom married a dead woman.

wat

Also Women has plot armor in this game, so they are technically alive

They borrowed Finn's plot armor

I wonder how the stats is calculated though

Edited by JSND

I decided to try something with a battle save I had, since Chrom had no lady supports:

Olivia was paired with Chrom the entire battle, killed a few enemies.

At the last possible turn with a Hero remaining on the field, I transferred Maribelle over to Chrom and had him use a Seed of Trust on him and Maribelle.

He ended up marrying Olivia anyway.

I decided to try something with a battle save I had, since Chrom had no lady supports:

Olivia was paired with Chrom the entire battle, killed a few enemies.

At the last possible turn with a Hero remaining on the field, I transferred Maribelle over to Chrom and had him use a Seed of Trust on him and Maribelle.

He ended up marrying Olivia anyway.

....Ummm... kind of expected?

Olivia had a lot more support points than Mariabel-- dammit Maribelle.

I need to omit that freaking "a"... anyways... One Seed of Trust wouldn't be auto C support cap ya know.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I need to omit that freaking "i"... anyways... One Seed of Trust wouldn't be auto C support cap ya know.

Does SF have any exact math on Seeds of Trust yet anywhere?

Does SF have any exact math on Seeds of Trust yet anywhere?

If I had to guess, the boost for the Seeds of Trust is always the same, but the points used in calculating that boost aren't figured out yet.

Fire Emblem 4 had Love Points, do you think Awakening has a similar system?

I need to omit that freaking "a"... anyways... One Seed of Trust wouldn't be auto C support cap ya know.

Shows what I know about these seed things. Thanks for the info, Rey. Oh, and sorry for gluing your waifu to him.

After all, if all have 0 points, then Villager Girl has the highest priority, as soon as they all tie with at least 1, she no longer has any chances. It's possible there are other triggers like that, but we'd have to deal with exact values to find out.

I can confirm that this is not the case. On my first attempt at pairing Chrom and Olivia, Sumia had 0-1 points, Olivia had between 1-5 points, and Chrom married the Maiden. I wasn't sure if Sumia had accidentally gotten a point with Chrom, so I made sure to give Olivia more than Sumia, by having Olivia dance for Chrom and be his pocket unit for a couple of battles. Satisfied that this would result in Olivia marrying Chrom, I completed the chapter. I was wrong. Also, this took place on February 7.