Does anybody else hate Malledus

Dwalin2010

When Malledus suggested I sacrifice one of my units in the Shadow Dragon prologue by disguising him as Marth prologue I really wanted to ask him "why don't you do it yourself if you are so clever?". Of course, somebody can say he is too old to be mistaken for Marth, but if even Jagen who is old too is good enough, why not Malledus? And if I start the game on a hard difficulty level, Frey seems to be the "canon" choice to be sacrificed, as he is missing in the first chapter, while the annoying Malledus who made me sacrifice him is always around without doing anything to help apart from talking. Why can't I just feed him to Jiol instead of Frey, a much more useful character?sad.gif

What do you think about this plot turn?

Not everybody can be a tactician like him, and it just happened that this is not like FE3 where Jagen become Malledus

Thats like saying lets Sacrifice August at any early part of FE5, which is an equivalent of suicide

Player =/= In Game

In the game its pretty damn clear Malledus is the one who planned Marth's battle throughout the game

Also speaking of sacrifices, it should be noted that One Fighter is something that can be easilly replaced. Tactician are not

A Decoy Plan is simple to make and given what was happening it wasn't exactly for certain was going to work. (If Jiol had split his forces, Game Over). And it's one thing to thing to say a life is needed to be sacrificed, it another admit that they would sacrificed their life for the greater good. (Like Dorias did. ;_;) Malledus already sent word to Draug about a ship, so his work could have been done and he could than sacrifice his life if he wanted to.

And his lesson about sacrifice for the Greater Good to Marth? Kind of Broken, when that life is not gone and you and the game wants you to finish the game with no causalities.

P.S.: And at their situation, a fighter is needed as much as a tactician, every arm that can fight counts especially because their so low in number(for the whole war). Jagen could fight and give out orders at the same time, Malledus could not.

Also, August does the whole Cynic Tactician way better than Malledus. (Especially because those odds were worse.)

Isn't August almost always wrong though? Seriously Leif spends half the game not taking his advice because it bothers him ethically and things usually work out fine.

Outside of the fact that Chapter right after Manster Prison Break(particularly regarding Shiva's recruitment) exist, August actually is almost, if not always correct, and Leif actually took his advice seriously.

If anything, August is basically the center of moral in that game.

Also your other option for Tactician in Thracia is Dorias, who is a blind Quan worshipper.

Edited by JSND

Well yeah Dorias is always incorrect and is the only one who actively screws everything up, and I'm not saying August's advice isn't good or practical. He's just usually like "We gotta do this" and Leif whines for a while and then you play the map and do the opposite of what he told you, or at least I sure do.

hahaha that is so true when it comes to fe5

especially if you're LTCing then Leaf just, warps to the throne and you win.

Well yeah Dorias is always incorrect and is the only one who actively screws everything up, and I'm not saying August's advice isn't good or practical. He's just usually like "We gotta do this" and Leif whines for a while and then you play the map and do the opposite of what he told you, or at least I sure do.

Actually Leif only whined against August in like..... chapter 8x

And for chapter 8x, I must really admit i want to slap Leif out of his stupid ignorance

As for Map decision, I can't really remember any where Leif actually disagree with his decision, other than chapter 15, and thats because you have an actual in game choice, and Sleuf is better than Miranda and Shanam