So who is Chrom's ancestor?

Maybe the OP was just double-checking? Sometimes you miss these things.

He's a descendant of both Marth and the First Exalt, which, until proved otherwise, makes the First Exalt Marth's descendant as well.

I can't exactly fault your train of thought, but I personally wouldn't make these kind of assumptions.

This is kind of unrelated, but recently people have been claiming you can obtain Rift Doors by beating Five-Anna Firefight. None of these people have proved its not possible to do so, but that doesn't mean the claim is true. (And in fact, it's false.)

Maybe the OP was just double-checking? Sometimes you miss these things.

I can't exactly fault your train of thought, but I personally wouldn't make these kind of assumptions.

This is kind of unrelated, but recently people have been claiming you can obtain Rift Doors by beating Five-Anna Firefight. None of these people have proved its not possible to do so, but that doesn't mean the claim is true. (And in fact, it's false.)

So not the same, though.

Occam's razor. The game tells us two things: Chrom is descended from Marth, and Chrom is descended from the first Exalt. Therefore it is likely the first Exalt is also descended from Marth... Unless he married into Marth's bloodline, etc. But as soon as we say "unless such and such" we're basically disregarding what's logical in favour of speculation.

Edited by Owain Dark

What if Ike is the ancestor of Chrom, let's say Ike had a son and a daughter, what if Ike's daughter married someone from Marth's bloodline, that will explain Aether, and what if Ike son was the ancestor of Priam that would explain him not having Aether because it's only passed to females xD....

What if Ike is the ancestor of Chrom, let's say Ike had a son and a daughter, what if Ike's daughter married someone from Marth's bloodline, that will explain Aether, and what if Ike son was the ancestor of Priam that would explain him not having Aether because it's only passed to females xD....

Funnily enough,

Vincent proposed something similar. Specifically, he suggested that the First Exhalt was descended from Ike, and the First Exhalt married someone from Marth's line. Personally, I'm kinda having second thoughts on the notion, but I won't disagree with Chrom being a descendant of Ike.

(Personally, I think the First Queen of Ylisse, I.E. the First Exhalt's wife is descended from Ike. Not Marth.)

Edited by Little Al

Ike having two descendants with two different paths, one took nobility(I'd go with the female here) and she became the first Exalt's wife, and the other lived the life their ancestor once lived and that makes him Priam's ancestor,

That will explain Chrom having Aether and Priam not having Aether, let's say that Ike passed down the Aether technique to his daughter, and left his cloths and Ragnell to his son....

I don't know much of the validity of it, but I remember that the DLC Ike mentions having met Marth. And I know, it was his DLC Einherjar Card, but as Old Hubba says, those cards more or less carry a reflection of the self of the person of said card, at least as the self the card based itself for its creation.

I don't know much of the validity of it, but I remember that the DLC Ike mentions having met Marth. And I know, it was his DLC Einherjar Card, but as Old Hubba says, those cards more or less carry a reflection of the self of the person of said card, at least as the self the card based itself for its creation.

I interpretted that as that Einherjar of Ike met that Einherjar of Marth during that battle. But who knows? Maybe that was an actual memory retained from the real Ike.

I interpretted that as that Einherjar of Ike met that Einherjar of Marth during that battle. But who knows? Maybe that was an actual memory retained from the real Ike.

Well, Ike mentions the other Einherjar at the beginning, but he had already changed topics when he mentioned Marth, and he also said that he met him "long ago". That's what made me think he may have met the real Marth, considering things.

Two things to note:

1. Tiki's idea of Marth personality is WAYYYY to overidealized, which is more in line with Retcon!FE12 Marth

2. Marth's 1000 years before him is likely Sigurd, considering the explanation. Note that Anri is 100 years before Marth and Anri is not even directly related with Marth

That being said, both

Seliph is the first exalt

overidealized

You know what, who knows if Tiki's thought of Marth is "overidealized". Tiki just loves Marth for saving her and thinks of Marth as her brother (if the player saves her). You can't blame her or Marth himself for that.

There's probably a time when Marth changed a lot which the games didn't cover or showed the details of it. Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~ covered some of Marth's changes (besides him being a King).

"You know what, who knows if Tiki's thought of Marth is "overidealized". Tiki just loves Marth for saving her and thinks of Marth as her brother (if the player saves her). You can't blame her or Marth himself for that. "

Am I saying we can blame Marth or something?

Although I must admit I want to punch FE12 Marth in the face for all of that terrible retcon

Tangent with the Tiki Support with Avie...

I find it funny that in all of 2000 years these people who have wyvern riders and magic have not progressed past the age of killing each other with sharp sticks.

Am I saying we can blame Marth or something?

Although I must admit I want to punch FE12 Marth in the face for all of that terrible retcon

To put it in other words, you sound like you're blaming Tiki for being "WAYYYY to overidealized" due to relationships (between Tiki and Marth).

I am?

Im just saying she is overidealizing Marth, just like the terrible retcon in FE12

This only matters because Tiki considered Marth as not simmilar to Chrom, while closer to Avatar, both of which I did not agree, even with her overidealized perception(both of them are closer to Marth "real" self)