If you could rename Morgan, what would you call them?

Mark! (And not wholly for the FE7 reference.) If I had been born a boy, that's the name my mom had selected for me, haha. So usually whenever I play a male character I name him Mark.

As for FeMorgan... well, it certainly wouldn't be Morgan because of a real life person. Probably would choose whatever female name I fancy at that time.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably pick the name Sterling for either Morgan, because my main Female!Avatar is named Silvia and her male counterpart Silver.

Add that with Chrom and we've got ourselves a nice little metal band. :XD:

Bulma.

I was contemplating on making my MU look like Bulma and then have her marry a Donnel!someone male and give birth to a Morgan with purple hair. Also whoever the child is must be really overconfident and aims to become stronger than Chrom.

Edited by Quick

I like Morgan, so I'd leave the name unchanged. Honorable mention to Terry, for both genders.

oh god, I might have just pulled the nerd card.

It's 2013; let's stop pretending "nerd" is still a bad word.

I like Morgan, so I'd leave the name unchanged. Honorable mention to Terry, for both genders.

It's 2013; let's stop pretending "nerd" is still a bad word.

I didn't mean it in that the word was bad, but that I ... thought I accidentally mentioned my major in an FEA thread lol.

But I guess two internets, for thinking right. Yay for Psych anyway.

Edited by Cordelia

I'd probably have gone with Liz for my Tiki!Morgan, don't know about my other one. Still, if they allowed customization of his/her name, they might as well also allow choosing his/her appearance just like an avatar too, only restricting Morgan to the smallest size of the gender opposite to the avatar's, considering how he/she is already using avatar assets...

Edited by NeonZ

I didn't mean it in that the word was bad, but that I ... thought I accidentally mentioned my major in an FEA thread lol.

But I guess two internets, for thinking right. Yay for Psych anyway.

Yay for Psych indeed! I'm currently working towards that major, so its nice to see others in the field! ^_^

Yes. And then support him/her to Nah.

Seriously, though, I don't mind Morgan. If I really felt particularly inclined to change it on a run, I'd probably find one of those random name sites because I'm kind of bad at coming up with good names.

I don't technically mind Morgan either; I've grown used to it, but if I had the ability I would change it, especially since I play with both Morgans it would be easier to refer to one or the other without using the same name. Plus, I love writing stories as a hobby, so coming up with names for characters comes easy to me and is pretty fun, especially researching the true meanings behind names.

I really enjoyed the reference to the FE7 tactician, but only for the son; it looks strange in Japanese on the daughter character. If I was the head of the localization team, I would probably name the son Mark and the daughter Morgan, or maybe a feminization like Marcia.

You know, I dunno what I'd name Morgan. You probably thought I'd say Frederick Jr. or something, but I actually find naming your kid after one of his/her parents to be boring. lol

Though, I do think male Morgan looks a lot like a young Frederick whether he has brown hair or not. He's got similar bangs and a couple little cowlicks.

Anyway, I honestly don't know. I do have favorite boy names, but they don't really sound like names Frederick would want to name his son, whether his wife agreed to them or not. I just don't know. xP

I'll want to try giving Morgan a name that's more ridiculous than Nah's (like starting with a small kana). But I doubt I'll actually take advantage of that if such feature is present, since I'm a fan of using default names. As far as I am concerned, Marth's bodyguard will always be Chris, and Lyn's tactician will always be Mark. Their gender, birthday and other particulars may change, but their names will stay.

Well, that would depend on the inspiration for the PT and the name of my avatar.

In my Persona 4 PT I'd call him Yu, because that's who he'd 'play'.

When the avatar is named after me, I'd give her a name I'd give my child,

or for example when she's Olivia's daughter I might call her Rose because of the hair colour.

I like "Morgan", actually - it just works, especially as it is a gender-neutral (is that the right term?) name.

If I had to pick something else, then "Mark" for MaMorgan, and I have no idea for FeMorgan.

...come to think of it, "Chris"/"Kris" (or maybe "Christine") could work as well, being somewhat gender-neutral (I have female friends who go by Chris, certainly).

I like the idea of naming an aspiring tactician after a legendary tactician - and it would be cool to think that the Avatar stumbled across references to "Chris"/"Kris" in some ancient chronicle or something.

"You wanted to disappear from history, huh Chris? You failed!"

Hmm. I like this idea more and more...