1st playthrough

Hey guys. I finally decided after getting FE6 like a year ago that I will finally start my first playthrough of the game. Any tips or specifics that I should do?

For a first run? All I'd say is use who looks appealing to you, get all the villages, make sure you get all the Gaiden's to get the final parts of the game if you want to know how to get said gaiden's just check the main site. But it's usually involving a character living or beating a stage in such a high amount of turns it shoulden't be problimatic. Don't shy away from Prepromotes either, they will prove to be good for your team. Axes I will warn you are pretty inaccurate. Bow's will prove pretty handy in the Bern chapters while you are swarmed with Wyverns. Roy is quite the hit and miss Lord. He's been all over the place for me, doing well, poorly, just average etc. Promotion items are a little rare, and you can't use items in your base menu but you can buy stuff from a base shop when you get it, so that kinda makes up for it.

Other then that? Just have fun

Edited by Opinion Leader Jedi

Also fair warning, Roy promotes in like Chapter 24, so there's no rush to give him EXP.

AND USE THESE LIST OF CHARACTERS IF YOU DONT USE THEM THEN YOU'RE PLAYTHROUGH IS OBJECTIVE WRONG THAT IS SAY TOO ALWAYS THESE CHARACTERS USER

You probably shouldn't listen to people who say stuff like this.

Also fair warning, Roy promotes in like Chapter 24, so there's no rush to give him EXP.

I forgot to mention that. Thanks for the catch there buddy.

Uh... Enemies spawn between player and enemy phase, so they will move on enemy phase.

It would be useful to have at least one person who can uses axes later on and tank.

I recall one map where it is extremely useful to save the Sleep Staff for because its a pain to keep them alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, I'm usually the one who makes topics like this one.... :)

Since this is on the front page, I won't make another. I will hijack it (unless anyone raises an objection) to ask a newbie question or two.

1. I ask this on every game, but how many units can you typically field on this game's maps? Or put another way, I'm trying to decide how many units to use.

2. How crucial are supports in this game? I was told that A) There are no double endings in this game, so i figured supports not as a big deal, and then B) the stat boosts are near crucial for surviving on later maps, so you need to support early. What's the real deal here? Are supports that vital in this game?

Any advice/tips/hints/etc are welcome, of course, but the above would be wonderful to know. Thanks for the help!

Oh, one more: I've read that defeating chapters ASAP is important in this game, with guides going as far as to give turns to beat a chapter. Why is that? Doesn't that hurt your ability to make supports? Any help is appreciated!

Actually I think there are two endings considering that you have to activate all the gaidens in order to activate it. Also I'm already getting some great supports although I'm on chapter 8 ex. clarine and rutger already have B support. There is this one thief keeps showing up and taking things I talk to her with roy and she leaves with all my things.;_;