Serge's Pairing Polls Part IV: Chrom!

Arceus

142 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the best pairing for Chrom.

• Chrom X Sumia
    • Chrom X Female Avatar
    • Chrom X Sully
    • Chrom X Olivia
    • Chrom X Village Girl
    • Chrom X Maribelle

I don't think I understand - why does Inigo utilize RK better?

I don't think it makes a difference between just exactly how RK is utilized between the two. I know that Morgan as Chrom's son or Grandson has slightly more percentage reliant skills in his repertoire in comparison to Chrom!Inigo. (Namely Vengeance, which has such a high activation rate that RK wouldn't make a difference, and Pavise, which has some merit, though I can't exactly say how much.) But even then, I don't know if I would call any of the differences "significant".

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you level up Olivia enough and make her a Swordmaster, Inigo + RK + Astra + him already having access to Sol = decimation central.

And correct if I'm wrong, Euklyd, but Inigo has a high skill stat, which adds to his skill-based skills being activated more often. Of course, Morgan can have a high skill stat too: my Avatar Silvia has skill as her asset, and Morgan activated Ignis almost every time he attacked. If I had to guess I'd say every four out of five.

And correct if I'm wrong, Euklyd, but Inigo has a high skill stat, which adds to his skill-based skills being activated more often. Of course, Morgan can have a high skill stat too: my Avatar Silvia has skill as her asset, and Morgan activated Ignis almost every time he attacked. If I had to guess I'd say every four out of five.

Inigo's skill modifier isn't /that/ high, but rather as a result of the Hero class which Morgan can also access. My standard build (+Str -Res) MU with Chrom gets 1 more point of skill on modifiers for Lucina and Morgan than ChromOlivia!Inigo.

Assassin Inigo IS epic.

I have a post-game Assassin team of Owain, Morgan and Inigo, with Gaius as their Assassin mentor. And they. kick. ass.

Justice Cabal: Assassin Division GO!

And thank you for that Thor! I'm not near my game so I can't look it up... I think I have Inigo's luck stat confused for his skill stat. [/sweatdrops]

Edited by Vashiane

Assassin Inigo IS epic.

I have a post-game Assassin team of Owain, Morgan and Inigo, with Gaius as their Assassin mentor. And they. kick. ass.

Justice Cabal: Assassin Division GO!

???

Wait, wasn't Cynthia one of the Justice Cabal? I thought it was her, Owain and Morgan?

???

Wait, wasn't Cynthia one of the Justice Cabal? I thought it was her, Owain and Morgan?

Yes, she is... but her father's Frederick so she doesn't have access to the Assassin class, sadly.

Of course, my headcanon is strangely in love with the idea that Owain swindled all of the future children to be a part of the Justice Cabal - he, Morgan, and Cynthia so happen to be the ringleaders (and the only one who broadcast and enjoy being in said club).

Inigo's skill modifier isn't /that/ high, but rather as a result of the Hero class which Morgan can also access. My standard build (+Str -Res) MU with Chrom gets 1 more point of skill on modifiers for Lucina and Morgan than ChromOlivia!Inigo.

While Chrom|Inigo has pretty high Skill as a Hero (49), Hero FeMorgan (+Def, -Lck) has 49 as well (So does Lon'qu|Gerome (Hero), for that matter). Frederick|Cynthia as a Falcon Knight has 50 Skill, as does Kellam|Severa as a Hero.

In fact, the only child character as a Hero with lower skill is Owain (48).

Still, I like the idea of Crown Prince Inigo. Hilarious.

Although (someone more familiar with monarchy correct me if I'm wrong), but I'm pretty sure that crown prince (or princess) refers only to the heir apparent. As Emmeryn was Exalt, there doesn't seem to be gender bias, so I assume that Lucina (as firstborn) would be the crown princess, and Inigo "just" a prince.

That's what I thought too wrt crown prince thing.

Man, if Ylisse did have gender bias I'd never give Lucina a brother and just switch to ChromSully.

Or just let her brother die a horrible, horrible "accidental" death. :P:

I don't think I understand - why does Inigo utilize RK better?

Physical Inigo doesn't really need anything from any one of his fathers, a result of his having Mercenary, Myrmidon and Barbarian by default. And really, if you ARE doing postgame (I already am), Rightful King isn't likely to find a skill slot anyway once you have Limit Breaker.

Also, seconding that Libra!Inigo makes a very surprisingly good Sage/Sorcerer with his skillset in postgame.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Physical Inigo doesn't really need anything from any one of his fathers, a result of his having Mercenary, Myrmidon and Barbarian by default. And really, if you ARE doing postgame (I already am), Rightful King isn't likely to find a skill slot anyway once you have Limit Breaker.

Also, seconding that Libra!Inigo makes a very surprisingly good Sage/Sorcerer with his skillset in postgame.

What. No, I looove my ~70% Sols/Lunas and ~36% Aethers/Astras.

I like trolling StreetPass with 62% Aegis/Pavise on Sorcerer Lucina and Sorcerer Morgan too, but when I'm looking to The Strongest One's Name, I have more important skills to use than Rightful King : (

What. No, I looove my ~70% Sols/Lunas and ~36% Aethers/Astras.

With potions and an A support with a Male MU you got 86% as a Swordmaster Inigo. S support....SUPER MEGA SOL!!!!!!!!!!! If only Sol could activate with Luna then holy crap I'm not even kidding Inigo would be invincible.

I like trolling StreetPass with 62% Aegis/Pavise on Sorcerer Lucina and Sorcerer Morgan too, but when I'm looking to The Strongest One's Name, I have more important skills to use than Rightful King : (

Sol, Limit Break(er), Rightful King, Vantage, and Armsthrift baby. Edited by Quick

With potions and an A support with a Male MU you got 86% as a Swordmaster Inigo. S support....SUPER MEGA SOL!!!!!!!!!!! If only Sol could activate with Luna then holy crap I'm not even kidding Inigo would be invincible.

Hmm. I may have to try that sometime. Then again, I'm not sure there's much point, as I'm pretty sure people at school just dismiss my Streetpass team without even bothering to look at my setup anymore.

Actually, could you throw in a Mystletainn for Skill +5?

EDIT:

Hmm. Optimization:

Take +Skill / -Lck when creating your Avatar

(Chrom|Inigo)|Morgan(M) as an Assassin, add Limit Break for 65 Skill.

Pair-Up with Avatar (Hero) for Skill +8. Equip Mystletainn for Skill +5. Add the Skill +2 and All Stats +2 skills.

= 82 Skill

Add Skill Tonic and Tiki's Tear for +4.

Rightful King brings it up to 96%

...According to all the calculations listed on SF's FE13 page.

Edited by Euklyd

Hmm. I may have to try that sometime. Then again, I'm not sure there's much point, as I'm pretty sure people at school just dismiss my Streetpass team without even bothering to look at my setup anymore.

Actually, could you throw in a Mystletainn for Skill +5?

Since in my postgame file with Chrom!Inigo he's a Swordmaster I always give him Ragnell for range or Sol Katti to Sol and crit everything. I suppose Mystletainn is a great edition if you decide that the Sol Katti isn't worth it. I'll test it out. Also with this Chrom!Inigo nobody in your school will make fun of your team. It's just too good.

Since in my postgame file with Chrom!Inigo he's a Swordmaster I always give him Ragnell for range or Sol Katti to Sol and crit everything. I suppose Mystletainn is a great edition if you decide that the Sol Katti isn't worth it. I'll test it out. Also with this Chrom!Inigo nobody in your school will make fun of your team. It's just too good.

Why would they make fun of my team? Did I say that? They dismiss it because it is full of Heros and some other units, all with LB.

So, while it's technically possible to beat my team, even without LB, none of the people I've talked to have. And none of their teams have LB.

Meanwhile, I'm laughing at their All Stats +2 skills.

Edited by Euklyd

Why would they make fun of my team? Did I say that? They dismiss it because it is full of Heros and some other units, all with LB.

So, while it's technically possible to beat my team, even without LB, none of the people I've talked to have. And none of their teams have LB.

Meanwhile, I'm laughing at their All Stats +2 skills.

Oh. Lemme correct myself. Everybody will run away from you because they are afraid of your Inigo's amazingness.

Back on topic: ChromxFeMU is certainly good, but I like ChromxOlivia because many people do runs with MaMU and if you did pick female now you have 3 awesome children. Still if you go ChromxFeMU it isn't a big deal since now Lucina has a crapton of classes and Lon'quxOlivia is almost or just as good, since Lancebreaker seems like a worthy substitute.

Edited by Quick

EDIT:

Hmm. Optimization:

Take +Skill / -Lck when creating your Avatar

(Chrom|Inigo)|Morgan(M) as an Assassin, add Limit Break for 65 Skill.

Pair-Up with Avatar (Hero) for Skill +8. Equip Mystletainn for Skill +5. Add the Skill +2 and All Stats +2 skills.

= 82 Skill

Add Skill Tonic and Tiki's Tear for +4.

Rightful King brings it up to 96%

...According to all the calculations listed on SF's FE13 page.

Bold: No dice. You wouldn't be able to use a Skill Tonic if you used Tiki's Tear.

Bold: No dice. You wouldn't be able to use a Skill Tonic if you used Tiki's Tear.

Gah - I even remember reading that somewhere before. Still, 94% is insane.

also I get the feeling a good majority of ChromxFeMU's haters hate it because it's the hipster thing to do

For something to be 'hipster', it has to go against the majority. Judging by the way that about 70% of the votes here picked a different option than ChromxFeMU, I can more accurately say that the people who like that are, in fact, the true hipsters than the people who don't.

Also I voted ChromxSumia because Lovebirds.

On the one hand, Chrom/Sumia.

On the other hand, Kjelle as Chrom's daughter is arguably my second-favorite thing.

THIS IS HOW HARD MY LIFE IS

(note: abstaining from vote)

I see that Sumia losing by 1 vote. If only the idea of Prince!Inigo is cool never cross my mind.

I would totally vote for Sumia.

1. Chrom x Olivia

2. Chrom x Sumia

3. Chrom x Cordelia Chrom x FeMU

4. Chrom x Maribelle

5. Chrom x Maiden / Sully