Serge's Pairing Polls Part IV: Chrom!

Arceus

142 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the best pairing for Chrom.

• Chrom X Sumia
    • Chrom X Female Avatar
    • Chrom X Sully
    • Chrom X Olivia
    • Chrom X Village Girl
    • Chrom X Maribelle

For something to be 'hipster', it has to go against the majority. Judging by the way that about 70% of the votes here picked a different option than ChromxFeMU, I can more accurately say that the people who like that are, in fact, the true hipsters than the people who don't.

Also I voted ChromxSumia because Lovebirds.

Or maybe 70% of people are "hipsters" :P:

Besides, it's still the most popular option, so saying that the people who voted Chrom x FemAvatar are the true hipsters is the least accurate thing you could say.

Besides, I'm not sure anyone's being a hipster here anyways - people are entitled to their own opinions, and they don't have to be hipsters just because they're not in the plurality/majority.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For something to be 'hipster', it has to go against the majority. Judging by the way that about 70% of the votes here picked a different option than ChromxFeMU, I can more accurately say that the people who like that are, in fact, the true hipsters than the people who don't.

Wait. isn't what she meant is the haters are the hispters?

not the fans.

Edited by Fairlee

Wait. isn't what she meant is the haters are the hispters?

not the fans.

I assumed that "people who like that" refers to the people who like FemAvatar x Chrom, as that was the pairing last referred to.

I could be wrong, though.

Or maybe 70% of people are "hipsters" :P:

Besides, it's still the most popular option, so saying that the people who voted Chrom x FemAvatar are the true hipsters is the least accurate thing you could say.

Besides, I'm not sure anyone's being a hipster here anyways - people are entitled to their own opinions, and they don't have to be hipsters just because they're not in the plurality/majority.

Well, the original line was that people who dislike ChromxFeMU did so because they were hipsters. And while ChromxFeMU is the most popular single choice, people who choose other options are nearly twice as common. Which would make people who support ChromxFeMU the real hipsters overall...

Y'know what? Screw it. It was a joke. I wasn't expecting the Serene's Inquisition. No one option has more than 50% of the votes. WE ARE ALL HIPSTERS LET US LISTEN TO OBSCURE MUSIC IN A CAFE THAT NO-ONE EVER GOES TO.

Well, the original line was that people who dislike ChromxFeMU did so because they were hipsters. And while ChromxFeMU is the most popular single choice, people who choose other options are nearly twice as common. Which would make people who support ChromxFeMU the real hipsters overall...

Y'know what? Screw it. It was a joke. I wasn't expecting the Serene's Inquisition. No one option has more than 50% of the votes. WE ARE ALL HIPSTERS LET US LISTEN TO OBSCURE MUSIC IN A CAFE THAT NO-ONE EVER GOES TO.

WE ALSO HAVE TO WEAR DUMB LOOKING GLASSES AND DISLIKE ANYTHING POPULAR.

Although the real hipsters are the people who went for ChromxSully, although I'm kind of surprised that Maribelle wasn't the one that got the least votes. I don't see the point of that pairing tbh haha.

EDIT:

YES. Let us listen to music, while playing Fire Emblem.

Question: does Shiryu's new stuff (Fire Emblem: War Memories) count as obscure? Because that would be awesome.

Actually...

OH NOEZ, FE13 is selling well! It's popular! NOW IT SUCKS!

It isn't really that popular, therefore we can still enjoy it!

Edited by Quick

YES. Let us listen to music, while playing Fire Emblem.

Question: does Shiryu's new stuff (Fire Emblem: War Memories) count as obscure? Because that would be awesome.

Actually...

OH NOEZ, FE13 is selling well! It's popular! NOW IT SUCKS!

clearly the purpose of ChromxMaribelle is for Sage Lucina

really though, tacking on an extra 10% on Sol's activation rate for Inigo is pretty suboptimal when you consider the other options you could put instead (Limit Break/Galeforce/Sol/Armsthrift/Vantage, switch the 5th skill as needed)

clearly the purpose of ChromxMaribelle is for Sage Lucina

really though, tacking on an extra 10% on Sol's activation rate for Inigo is pretty suboptimal when you consider the other options you could put instead (Limit Break/Galeforce/Sol/Armsthrift/Vantage, switch the 5th skill as needed)

That's literally the exact same skill set except I had except Galeforce is over Rightful King, and I don't want to start an argument but Galeforce is a good skill but it isn't just something you tack on. Astra or Lancebreaker could be good substitutions but not Galeforce IMO. 86% Sol, coupled with good caps and even if you don't give Inigo Rightful King it's still a good idea to go ChromxOlivia and just give Rightful King to Morgan via FeMU. I can see why people don't go for ChromxOlivia, though. Heck, in my alternate postgame run I am going ChromxSumia just because maybe Inigo deserves Lancefaire at the cost at the loss of an extra 10% of crit-healing action.

Edited by Quick

That's literally the exact same skill set except I had except Galeforce is over Rightful King, and I don't want to start an argument but Galeforce is a good skill but it isn't just something you tack on. Astra or Lancebreaker could be good substitutions but not Galeforce IMO. 86% Sol, coupled with good caps and even if you don't give Inigo Rightful King it's still a good idea to go ChromxOlivia and just give Rightful King to Morgan via FeMU. I can see why people don't go for ChromxOlivia, though. Heck, in my alternate postgame run I am going ChromxSumia just because maybe Inigo deserves Lancefaire at the cost at the loss of an extra 10% of crit-healing action.

so you miss out on Sol on 1 out of every 10 attacks, in exchange for being able to move again after killing something

Rightful King works much better when you have MULTIPLE skills with activation rates (i.e. Pavise/Aegis)

Not to mention that being able to move twice on player phase also gives more opportunities for Sol to activate. If 75% Sol activation isn't already enough healing, I would be pretty amazed.

Yet it's more reliable. Maybe I went off on a tangent, but personally, the only problem with this set is that it doesn't always kill in one blow since he lacks an offensive skill, so saying putting Galeforce is kind of a waste. Why not say Astra if you're saying Rightful King isn't a skill that has a slot for Inigo? A skill that can solve that problem since a few more hits should easily solve the trick, not to mention if it's a crit. Or Lancebreaker, since if this set is for a Swordmaster Inigo like it is for me then doing the whole crit sol thing is kind of ruined with a lance using Wyvern Lord with Swordbreaker.

Edited by Quick

Yet it's more reliable. Maybe I went off on a tangent, but personally, the only problem with this set is that it doesn't always kill in one blow since he lacks an offensive skill, so saying putting Galeforce is kind of a waste. Why not say Astra if you're saying Rightful King isn't a skill that has a slot for Inigo? A skill that can solve that problem since a few more hits should easily solve the trick, not to mention if it's a crit. Or Lancebreaker, since if this set is for a Swordmaster Inigo like it is for me then doing the whole crit sol thing is kind of ruined with a lance using Wyvern Lord with Swordbreaker.

Lancebreaker is for your designated Anna killer, you can push her hit rate to single digits that way (Hero Virion!Inigo in my playthrough, for instance, would face 23 hit from her forged spear without even factoring in pairup bonuses)

also Hero Inigo is superior

e: to get 23 hit, Rally Spectrum/Speed/Heart+A/S support providing +10 avoid+WTA from axes+Lancebreaker

Edited by shadykid

Not to mention that being able to move twice on player phase also gives more opportunities for Sol to activate. If 75% Sol activation isn't already enough healing, I would be pretty amazed.

No, it does not. In no way* does it do that.

Sol has a chance to activate with each time you attack, and I'm gonna assume you attack 2 times per enemy (it doesn't actually matter). Whether you attack an enemy on your phase or whether it attacks you during the Enemy Phase doesn't have any effect, it's the same number of enemies. If you had Aggressor + Sol, then being able to attack more times during the Player Phase would help, however.

*I type all this up, then realize that you might be talking about a situation in which the enemies have a choice of units to attack. That changes things, but only a little, because (I think) they'll still go after the one with low health. I could be wrong though, I don't remember the actual formula.

Voted Chrom x Sumia, since Lucina can get Pavise (useful for tanking) and Tomefaire (if I ever go with a magic Lucina) out of the deal, while Cynthia gets Aether, Aegis, and one of the best lines in the game!

I'm a Chrom x Olivia fan for both story purposes and gameplay purposes!

A lot of people point out that with Olivia, Chrom marries someone he just met. And yet, he still manages to have way more chemistry with Olivia than he does with Sumia, who is just an obsessive doormat for Chrom. Chrom's support with Olivia shows him actually trying to get to know and woo Olivia, as opposed to his support with Sumia in which he just eats her food and then goes "Sure, I'd tap it". You get to see a side of Chrom with Olivia that you don't really see with the other girls.

I also love the family dynamic Olivia provides. Inigo being a prince and Lucina's little brother is awesome, and Inigo is one of the only kids on whom Chrom's blue hair actually looks really good. Rightful King Inigo is pretty boss, and I prefer Myrmidon over Knight for Lucina.

I'm a Chrom x Olivia fan for both story purposes and gameplay purposes!

A lot of people point out that with Olivia, Chrom marries someone he just met. And yet, he still manages to have way more chemistry with Olivia than he does with Sumia, who is just an obsessive doormat for Chrom. Chrom's support with Olivia shows him actually trying to get to know and woo Olivia, as opposed to his support with Sumia in which he just eats her food and then goes "Sure, I'd tap it". You get to see a side of Chrom with Olivia that you don't really see with the other girls.

I also love the family dynamic Olivia provides. Inigo being a prince and Lucina's little brother is awesome, and Inigo is one of the only kids on whom Chrom's blue hair actually looks really good. Rightful King Inigo is pretty boss, and I prefer Myrmidon over Knight for Lucina.

Bold: What...? That doesn't even make a lick of sense... The only major interactions between Chrom and Sumia (discounting chapters 11 through 13) are the rescue CG and the end of chapter 7.

At any rate, I prefer Chrom/Sumia, mainly because I'm not exactly fond of Sumia's non-Chrom/Avatar options (I'm especially looking at YOU, Henry and Gaius!).

Edited by Levant Fortner

Bold: What...? That doesn't even make a lick of sense... The only major interactions between Chrom and Sumia (discounting chapters 11 through 13) are the rescue CG and the end of chapter 7.

At any rate, I prefer Chrom/Sumia, mainly because I'm not exactly fond of Sumia's non-Chrom/Avatar options (I'm especially looking at YOU, Henry and Gaius!).

That rescue CG is hilarious to me. She goes in and rescues him.

I'll admit it right now: the main reason I don't support Chrom/Sumia is because if a game tries to shove a canon pairing down my throat, I usually reject it. I'm not a canon pairing sort-of person, and plus I usually find far better ships if I ignore those pairings.

That's how I found Sumia/Frederick, which is probably one of my favorite pairings (Frederick and Cynthia's supports are so sweet too!).

And I think what the poster meant was that a lot of the game's interactions revolve around her being paired with him - like her event tile when she finds something, half the game shipping them, etc. It feels kind of forced upon you.

Although doormat she is not. Sumia saves him in that CG cutscene, and she's the one who decks in the face (even if that entire sequence made me groan - how can you NOT know the difference between a slap and a punch?)

I'll admit it right now: the main reason I don't support Chrom/Sumia is because if a game tries to shove a canon pairing down my throat, I usually reject it. I'm not a canon pairing sort-of person, and plus I usually find far better ships if I ignore those pairings.

That's how I found Sumia/Frederick, which is probably one of my favorite pairings (Frederick and Cynthia's supports are so sweet too!).

And I think what the poster meant was that a lot of the game's interactions revolve around her being paired with him - like her event tile when she finds something, half the game shipping them, etc. It feels kind of forced upon you.

Although doormat she is not. Sumia saves him in that CG cutscene, and she's the one who decks in the face (even if that entire sequence made me groan - how can you NOT know the difference between a slap and a punch?)

Bold: I wouldn't count that, seeing as it might be natural for Chrom to want to see what someone else picked up, being the leader and all.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't really think that Chrom/Sumia was forced upon me, since it's not like I couldn't marry them both off to someone else if I so desired. I'd only consider it forced upon me if they couldn't marry anyone besides each other.

Basically what I meant is that a lot of her dialogue and character is based around Chrom. The first time you meet her, she instantly asks "When can we see Chrom???", and often remarks how great of a captain and prince he is. Then in their supports she just constantly pines for his attention by baking stuff for him. Not only does the game try to force the relationship on you by implying it's canon, but Sumia herself tries to force it by arguably being more obsessed with Chrom than Cordelia is! And don't get me wrong, I actually do think they're a cute couple, but I'm a bigger fan of other Chrom pairings like I'm a bigger fan of other Sumia pairings.

I've done both Henry and Frederick for Sumia, and I found that she had a lot more chemistry with them both. Henry and Sumia I was particularly fond of, and I really liked Henry as Cynthia's dad. Makes Dark Flier such a fitting class for her! Sumia and Frederick is great, too.

Edited by Timid Taguel

^This. You have put almost all my feelings into words. And unlike some people, I have really really grown to like and appreciate Sumia; I didn't think I would. I just don't like her with Chrom; the sweetness she exudes with Fred just stole the show in regards to other pairings (not to mention Cynthia gets the only good hair color she can ever have from him....). However, I do think that Sumia should have gotten more options. And I guess Chrom for that matter.....not that it would have mattered in my case....

Basically what I meant is that a lot of her dialogue and character is based around Chrom. The first time you meet her, she instantly asks "When can we see Chrom???", and often remarks how great of a captain and prince he is. Then in their supports she just constantly pines for his attention by baking stuff for him. Not only does the game try to force the relationship on you by implying it's canon, but Sumia herself tries to force it by arguably being more obsessed with Chrom than Cordelia is! And don't get me wrong, I actually do think they're a cute couple, but I'm a bigger fan of other Chrom pairings like I'm a bigger fan of other Sumia pairings.

I've done both Henry and Frederick for Sumia, and I found that she had a lot more chemistry with them both. Henry and Sumia I was particularly fond of, and I really liked Henry as Cynthia's dad. Makes Dark Flier such a fitting class for her! Sumia and Frederick is great, too.

...Now you're making even less sense than you did last time. Particularly because I never, EVER saw Sumia as that obsessed with him. As for Sumia/Henry, ehhhh, I think there's better, both for Henry, and for Sumia.

Um, I'm just quoting the game. When you first meet her, she asks you about Chrom. When she picks up an item in an event tile, she says that she can't wait to show Chrom. In her quote after Grima is defeated, she says that they owe their victory to the " world's finest captain and prince", obviously referring to Chrom. In her supports with him, she bakes pies for him because, as they say, the easiest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. She even has a voice clip where she calls Chrom "my love" before their S support. If that's not being at least a little obsessed with him, I don't know what is.

Edited by Timid Taguel

Dunno dude,

I don't deny that Chrom x Sumia is pushed by the game, but there's a big difference between something being pushed and something being shoved down your throat. I think it's also worth noting that while Sumia is clearly shown to have a crush on Chrom, I never once got the impression that Chrom felt the same way about her. We never see Chrom say something like "What's this? I bet Sumia will like it." when he finds an item.

this is a pretty reasonable post and sums up my feelings about it